Replay Expo 2011 - Official Thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Edwards80

Re: Replay Expo 2011 - Official Thread (inc name badge reque

Post by Edwards80 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:03 pm

DPrinny wrote:Im waiting for a email back about it.

£25 per night or for Fri/Sat?
Saturday night only I'm afraid. I'm travelling down in the morn.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Nar mines "sorted" as they say

maineieg

Post by maineieg » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Person i was going with droped out but lucky found a replacement so not out of pocket

Arcadian

Post by Arcadian » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:14 am

Hope you lot are remembering to keep an eye on the Expo website ... ?!

Lots of news updates added over the past week or so ...

e.g.

SteelSeries sponsor main stage at Replay Expo 2011

SteelSeries, the world renowned manufacturer of high quality gaming headsets for all platforms, are pleased to announce their sponsorship of the main stage at Replay Expo 2011.

The “SteelSeries Stage” will be a focal point of the Expo and will play host to a range of entertainment, presentations and tournaments throughout the weekend, including the SteelSeries' Rock Band 3 Challenge.

FIGnition comes to Replay Expo

FIGnition is a DIY computer which works like an 8-bit home Micro. It is a simple, educational computer – but a real one and not an emulator. It has real firmware, real RAM and generates a real display.

FIGnition is also coming to Replay Expo! So why not come along and speak to the creator and find out why the fantastic piece of kit is great for the future of British computing!

Cosplay at Replay - SteelSeries Headsets up for grabs!

Cosplayers will be well catered-for at this years Replay Expo!

Not only will their be a prize masquerade, hosted by SteelSeries, we will also have community talks across the weekend.

Replay Expo 2011 hosts revealed

We are pleased to announce that TV presenters and former Hollyoaks stars Matt Littler and Darren Jeffries will be opening and hosting this year’s Replay Expo.

Video game enthusiasts Matt and Darren who played Max and OB in the soap will be with us for the duration of the weekend and will be taking part in a number of events we have lined up for the Expo. The guys will also be filming at the event for their gaming website Project Bunker so make sure you wear your best smiles!

Win a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play with Beebdroid for Android!

Replay Expo is proud to host the launch of Beebdroid - the free BBC Micro emulator for Android phones and tablets.

To celebrate the launch Sony Ericsson has generously provided an Xperia Play mobile phone, which will be given away to the winner of the hi-score tournament that will be running on the Beebdroid stand.

So make sure you call by and try your luck!

BAFTA to host Replay Expo Talks and Q&A sessions

Replay Events are delighted to announce that the special guest Q&A sessions at Replay Expo 2011 will be hosted and led by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).

Join us for the Charity After-Show Party!

Join us for the first ever Official Replay Expo Charity After-Show Party on Saturday 5th November 2011 from 7.30pm.

We will be raising as much money as possible for two fantastic charities, SpecialEffect and GamesAid. There will be music provided by the awesome Nintendisco, a discounted bar, raffle with amazing prizes, the obligatory Pub Quiz, plus many other events. It will held at the Hilton Hotel Blackpool and tickets are only £10 per person.

Chris Hoyle and the Golden Age of Blackpool’s Arcades

Blackpool resident Chris Hoyle owns one of the largest collections of mint condition 1970’s and 80’s Arcade Games in the World. At this year’s Replay Expo, Chris will reminisce about his personal experiences growing up in the Arcade culture of Blackpool during the Golden Age of Videogames.

He will also be talking about his private collection of arcade machines and his obsession to re-manufacture the games with original parts to re-create the ‘perfect’ arcade.

Replay Expo hosts first RetroCollect World Championships

RetroCollect, the Retro Gaming Collectors’ Community, will be out in force at Replay Expo 2011. Many Retro Collect staff members will be attending and they’ve organised some incredible retro gaming events.

For instance, unless you were in the USA in 1990 you may have missed out on a legendary piece of gaming history – the Nintendo World Championships, held using a special Nintendo World Championship cartridge. However Retro Collect is bringing this excitement to the UK for the first time at Replay Expo, in the RetroCollect World Championships 2011.

BAFTA Presents: The Rise & Fall of Imagine Software

Bruce Everiss, a director at Imagine Software, will talk of the triumphs and tragedy of Imagine’s heady days at the Replay Expo in Blackpool.

Replay also welcomes Paul Andersen, producer/director of the 1984 BBC TV documentary Commercial Breaks, which famously chronicled the company’s very public meltdown.

Still a number of other announcements left to make before we reach the weekend of the show! :)

subzero

Post by subzero » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:19 am

I read them all thanks to the twitter feeds :D

w00t!!! 2 weeks!!!

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

Floor Plan???
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:15 am

RMLF wrote:Floor Plan???
yup we do plan on having a floor! a roof too! we're holding out for walls but not holding our breaths!

sorry, just got home from work, feeling a little silly :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:00 am

Finally all paid for this, hotel sorted, travel check :D

Just need to gather some spending money and im good to go.
That glorious b*stard before Mr X.

GeekyGameloverGirl

Post by GeekyGameloverGirl » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:26 pm

My poor lil mother.. I'm going this year! Mwhahaha...
When life gets you down, Get up and get gaming!! :P

PIXeL_92

Post by PIXeL_92 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Anyone that needs a place too stay we have a spare room too rent for £20 for the whole weekend (if you drive down, and can give two - three people a lift will take £5 off) it has a single full bed and the option too have a single or double blowup as well, breakfast and all facilities included we live about 5 - 10 minute drive from the Expo

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 am

Main sites blocked for me at work so can't check but what are the opening times on Saturday? I know there's an after event party at the Hilton starting at 6pm.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

Arcadian

Post by Arcadian » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:17 am

Lorfarius wrote:Main sites blocked for me at work so can't check but what are the opening times on Saturday?
10:00am - 7:00pm
Lorfarius wrote:I know there's an after event party at the Hilton starting at 6pm.
Er, not quite - doors open 7:30pm for the after-show party at the Hilton.

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:42 am

Ta :)
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:34 am

the mate that ordered our tickets still hasn't received them which is worrying, especially as i've already paid for the hotel for both of us :?

also what's this about name badges?? i really shoulda read this sooner
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:39 am

ReplayRetro wrote:the mate that ordered our tickets still hasn't received them which is worrying, especially as i've already paid for the hotel for both of us :?
The last batch of tickets are going out this week, so if you don't get them by the weekend then drop us a line at contact@replayexpo.com and we will sort something out.