Another band to reunite?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

binaryRooster

Re: Another band to reunite?

Post by binaryRooster » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 pm

i saw the Roses live twice. Once at the Ally Pally gig where the sound was truly appalling (in the days before they hung those huge curtains up to stop it bouncing all over the place), and the other was when Reni left and they replaced him with a rock drummer (in it's own way as painful as Ian Brown's vocals at Reading). i would have seen them at Glasto but Squire fell off his bike! I'm not going to bother this time around but i wish luck to all those buying tix (especially the_hawk!). i've seen bands reform after their glory years and take the stage as old men...and it's always been glorious.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 pm

So, I love the Stone Roses right, but....they are generally sh*te live and have produced the sum total of 2 albums - I think £5.50 for a ticket is much more appropriate!!
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

Graham Humphrey

Post by Graham Humphrey » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:38 pm

junkmale wrote:
Just need Lush to reform now....
That's actually looking good?
They are talking again and have been together at 4Ad to discuss some reissues so watch this space.
Really? If true then that's interesting. However I would still be surprised if they did reform as the reason they split in the first place was because Chris (the drummer) committed suicide, which devastated them as they were (are?) a very close-knit group by all accounts and it would have been weird to carry on without him. Although the idea of reforming has never been totally ruled out.
Lemon Amiga is now on YouTube and Facebook!

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Graham Humphrey wrote:
junkmale wrote:
Just need Lush to reform now....
That's actually looking good?
They are talking again and have been together at 4Ad to discuss some reissues so watch this space.
Really? If true then that's interesting. However I would still be surprised if they did reform as the reason they split in the first place was because Chris (the drummer) committed suicide, which devastated them as they were (are?) a very close-knit group by all accounts and it would have been weird to carry on without him. Although the idea of reforming has never been totally ruled out.
Wow - that would be amazing. Some of my best ever memories of gigs have been when seeing Lush. Of course, they were not exactly the best but I still love them. In a JFK moment, I remember where I was the day I found out Chris had died!

I take your point about them being close-knit but not that close as they did replace the original bass player - anyway, fingers (and everything else) crossed....
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:12 am

I'm not expecting the best vocal performance from Ian Brown but the whole weekend will be superb. Ideally if i get tickets, my mates will get the train/fly up, be a long weekend in Manchester, get a hotel near the centre, good 'old skool' 1990's type weekend with my mates. Have a fair few before the gig where we'll witness some history with the Stone Roses reforming and just have a good weekend.

Looking forward to it, dont mind theyre cashing in, 50 quid or so for a one off to see a band like the Roses is nothing. Roll on tomorrow, where no doubt i'll get stressed as websites constantly crash, i cant get any tickets and then whinge when the touts put them on ebay for 500 quid a pop !

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:07 am

Well that's 4 tickets bought......I THINK! :oops:

I bought them through "ents24.com" I thought they were one of the 3 official sties, but it turns out they weren't & also I've been stiffed a "Cancellation protection" fee of £8 on top of the booking fee of £5 per ticket & a transaction fee of £5.50.

Still if it means I get to see the Roses an extra few quid each isn't going to be much on the grand scheme of things.

Absolutely kicking myself I didn't go through one of the 3 official sites, I'd feel much better about things if I did. Now I'm not going to settle until I have those tickets in my hand. :?
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:02 am

How come you didnt go to the official sites ? All 3 links were on the stone roses website

Well that was one stressful hour, 3 times i got through to the penultimate page, put in my credit card details, wiating for the confirmation page but the website crashes or the '4 minutes' allotted time you get was reached while the page was being super slow.

Looked like i missed out until my mate told me about a new date - sunday, got mine i think in the last 30 minutes as theyre now all sold out

Not expecting miracle vocals from Ian Brown but my mates are coming up from 'dan 'saff and it'll just be a top weekend, now to book the hotel

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:28 am

When I went in at 9:20 I couldn't get in to the stone roses official website. So I googled something like "official stone roses tickets" I remembered Ticketmaster & Ticketline were the 2 official ones & there was one other whose name escaped me. Anyway TM & TL were the first 2 that came up & ents24 were the 3rd one so I assumed (wrongly as it turned out) that they were the 3rd one.

I kept hitting refresh on the 3 of them & ents24 were the 1st one that allowed me in (at about 9:35) so I bought them from there.

I've done a quick bit of research on them & although they were 3rd party they seem pretty legit & given they sold out pretty quickly I'm happy enough to pay a bit extra. :D
Last edited by the_hawk on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

OR type 99 to continue

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 am

Yeah does sound like its alright

Just booked 3 rooms at a travellodge, pricey as they obviously push the prices up but worth it. Saturday night drink in manchester all day, find an indie club and then sunday the actual gig itself and recover monday.

Should be good, roll on next year ! First two nights sold out in 14 minutes !

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:32 am

Yup, pretty excited myself. I'll get a preview of the 1st night by simply sitting in my back garden with a beer. :D

OR type 99 to continue

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Failed miserably with this. Had about 4 browser windows open (all diiferent ones, IE, Firefox, Chrome etc) on XFM, ABSOLUTE RADIO, Ticketmaster, etc..

Kept refreshing constantly.. Closest I got was where I put in the unique code to prove I wasn't a bot and that was it..

All my mates failed also.. Closest of everyone I know was SirClive who got as far as inputting in his credit card details before the inevitable crash... Well apart from youse 2 Davey and Paul..

:(

Enjoy it guys..

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

binaryRooster

Post by binaryRooster » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:57 pm

These "unconfirmed" dates are on the official site: •Fri 29 June Heaton Park, Manchester
•Sat 30 June Heaton Park, Manchester
•Sun 1 July Heaton Park, Manchester
•Thu 5 July Echo Arena, Liverpool
•Sat 7 July O2 Arena, London
•Sun 8 July O2 Arena, London
•Wed 11 July SECC, Glasgow
•Fri 13 July Slane Castle, Ireland
•Sat 14 July Botanic Gardens, Belfast
•Mon 16 July iTunes Festival, London
There's some euro dates as well after these.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:41 am

binaryRooster wrote:i wish luck to all those buying tix (especially the_hawk!).
I've just spotted this, cheers mate. :D

I can't believe the first 2 nights sold out in 14 minutes, I don't feel so bad about paying a few quid extra on fees. I see they are changing hands for about £130 on the "grey" market now. :shock:

OR type 99 to continue

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 am

Yep i need my mates to pay for the Stone Roses heaton Park tickets asap, they live down south and if they see those southern dates i bet they'll prefer those !

Got tons of money on my credit card at the moment, 4 Stone Roses tickets (plus 2 on my sisters card), two Noel Gallagher tickets for this weekend and 4 Beady Eye ones.

Roll on next summer though for the Stone Roses

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 am

:lol: I hear that! I've been looking forward to the start of November because I'd get the money I'd spent on Replay tickets & hotel bookings for my mates back & now this is piled on top!

OR type 99 to continue