The 5000 club.

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

FatTrucker

Re: The 5000 club.

Post by FatTrucker » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Bloody spammers, the lot of you.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:54 pm

The 5000 Club? Fack off , we're The Club 5000

The 5000 Club's over there...splitters.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 pm

jdanddiet wrote:
NRGuk wrote:Is there a 10,000 club? It's almost like a high score competition, which, as usual, I am no where near winning!
we're only having a laugh, your contribution is as welcomed as anyone :D

As long as it's your 5000th+ contribution! :wink:
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

NRGuk

Post by NRGuk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:32 pm

paranoid marvin wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:
NRGuk wrote:Is there a 10,000 club? It's almost like a high score competition, which, as usual, I am no where near winning!
we're only having a laugh, your contribution is as welcomed as anyone :D

As long as it's your 5000th+ contribution! :wink:
Hey, you had 190 posts at some point too! Just a long time ago... Like, when the N64 came out!

It is strange though, because with post count comes respect (not on it's own obviously) yet I wonder if lower post people get any respect at all? I take everyone's ideas on board, but I have a low post count. If I had a higher one, would I be more elitist? Who knows? I would like to say no, but I know on my football teams forum that elitism happens and the high posters are known as the inner circle and have been known to gang up on certain posters (not me, usually people being dicks but also some that have been singled out it seems) and I wonder why that is. I am not saying it happens here, in fact the moderation by FAT TRUCKER has been good from what I have seen of it, pointing out rules and grey areas rather than lashings!

Any way, I have probably completely changed the context of this thread now, so I will be off!

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Nah , only kidding!

As long as people make valid points , have a laugh and (perhaps most importantly) don't mind having the p*ss taken out of them occasionally it doent matter if your post count is 1 or 10,000.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Nah, i don't think this forum is particularly elitist. I treat everyone as i'd hope they'd treat me. :D There's only one poster on here who's really wound me up, and he knows who he is.....
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:54 pm

NRGuk wrote:yet I wonder if lower post people get any respect at all?
Drunken late night post coming up:

Don't worry, I treat everyone on here the same, regardless of post count........I think you're all c*nts

:wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:52 am

I know i'm still in 3 figures, but even when I was in double digits and had never met any of these lot in real life, I didn't feel excluded.

GIV 'UZ AN 'UG!

*squeeze*

NRGuk

Post by NRGuk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:56 am

MikeFishcake wrote:I know i'm still in 3 figures, but even when I was in double digits and had never met any of these lot in real life, I didn't feel excluded.

GIV 'UZ AN 'UG!

*squeeze*
This is turning a little man lovey now! Oh dear! I blame myself.... *waits for the Ghostbusters quote*

dste

Post by dste » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:51 pm

NRGuk wrote:It is strange though, because with post count comes respect (not on it's own obviously) yet I wonder if lower post people get any respect at all? I take everyone's ideas on board, but I have a low post count. If I had a higher one, would I be more elitist? Who knows?
I couldn't care less whether you had 10 posts or 10,000 posts as long as you are respectful and don't talk bo**cks to get your post count up. In all honesty I don't understand why people do turn into wan*ers when they get a high post count as at the end of the day it is just a number and every single person has to start on zero.

Luckily bar a couple of people who have been banned everyone on here has been canny and i've never felt like an 'outsider' since the day I started posting.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:12 pm

this is a bit like the mile high club of RG huh? :lol:

I've always thought this forum was pretty nice (I know, I know that sounds banal), but 99.9percent of people I've had dealings with have been nice, often very funny retro gamers.

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:46 pm

I bet the total word count from my posts would give some of the 5,000+ crowd a run for their money. I'm shocked my post count is as high as it is, I normally get bored or alienate the entire forum before I get to 100 posts. It's a real testament to how nice it is here and the tolerance of the forumites. :D
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

dste

Post by dste » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:50 pm

To be honest I would have thought that your post count would have been higher as it always seems like you post quite a bit.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 am

NRGuk wrote:This is turning a little man lovey now! Oh dear! I blame myself.... *waits for the Ghostbusters quote*
So do i

(so sorry you had to wait)
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

NRGuk

Post by NRGuk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:34 am

ReplayRetro wrote:
NRGuk wrote:This is turning a little man lovey now! Oh dear! I blame myself.... *waits for the Ghostbusters quote*
So do i

(so sorry you had to wait)
YAY! I was waiting thinking is anyone going to get this, you have literally made my day!