Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

markopoloman

Re: Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

Post by markopoloman » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:26 pm

The Austin track is apparently ready to pay and has signed a contract. They are waiting for Bernie to ok it........
Kubica - thats bloody annoying! Today it was the story saying he would not make the start of the season - then the story saying Renault/Lotus had made it up and he is still aiming to race in the 1st grand prix!!! - THEN the story comes out that he will return in a Ferrari :roll: :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:31 am

Timothy Lumsden wrote:I lost all sympathy for Rubens when he declared he 'deserved his place' - it's formula one darling, everyone has to earn their place and four points even with a bad car doesnt cut it.

the Kubica situation is something of a farce now. I'm a huge huge Kubica fan, but all the rumours and press releases are getting on my t1ts. He's been through a horrible ordeal - but some clarity for his fans would be nice. (my gut feeling is he won't be back)

Yep, it is a big shame about Robert. I tend to agree that I don't think he will be back. Some accidents are very hard to come back from. Johnny Herbert never recovered fully from his Formula 3000 accident and likewise Martin Brundle never really recovered from his F1 smash(when he broke both his legs). They were never at the same level of performance after that. A pity, as I do think that Kubica was a possible future champion.

I have just seen the 'Ferrari rumours' story as well. Very strange.

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:16 pm

Mr. Vettel has done it again - namely take pole! It does look like he is going to run away with the race. Plus, will he move over to allow Webber a victory, so as to take the number 2 spot in the WDC? Hmmm, not likely! That is still to play for. I hope that the rain comes, but it does look like it is going to be another Red Bull walkover.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:16 pm

There was some talk of the Red Bull cars suffering with blistering tyres during qualifying today so the race result might not be a foregone conclusion.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:31 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:There was some talk of the Red Bull cars suffering with blistering tyres during qualifying today so the race result might not be a foregone conclusion.
I hope so, DreamcastRIP. I am currently doing a rain dance. Let us hope that it will be a good race.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 am

With a 90% chance of rain I would expect it to arrive at some point in the race! Lets hope Button is up to his usual wet weather level.................
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:20 am

I've got a sneaky feeling Webber might finally put one over on the wonky fingered brat by winning the race today. I'm hoping for either a Hamilton or Button victory though. Rain dance about to commence!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 am

'What grinds your gears: F1 edition' :lol: ...

All the fuss over Vettel breaking Mansell's record of pole positions achieved within a single season. Putting it simply,

MANSELL DID IT IN A SEASON WHICH HAD THREE FEWER RACES, DAMN IT! :x :x :x

Glad I've got that off my chest. :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:28 am

^ +1 - those kind of "in a season" records should be measured as a percentage of the total races.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:45 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:I've got a sneaky feeling Webber might finally put one over on the wonky fingered brat by winning the race today...
Just call me Nostradamus already! :lol:

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I've been moaning about the Mansell record record thind for a few weeks. I said yesterday that they should either have different records depending on the number of races, or a percentage. I'm glad me and my Dad aren't the only ones annoyed by it.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:15 pm

I am sure that Mr. Vettel is planning on beating the record for next year. :wink:

Hey, does anyone think that Webber sneaked into the garage and sabotaged his car for the last two races? :lol: Anyway, well done to Mr. Webber.

Even with a bad gearbox the Fingerman still manages 2nd! That guy is unstoppable!

I am glad that Jenson got the number 2 spot in the WDC. He deserved it the most. A solid drive from him.

Good performance from Alonso as well. Great overtake by him and without DRS!

Sutil did a good job as well.

Schumi was beaten again by Rosberg. He is stronger though. Can Mercedes give him a good car for next year?

What the hell happen to the rain? A bit of a snorefest!

DoctorForbin

Post by DoctorForbin » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:18 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:'What grinds your gears: F1 edition' :lol: ...

All the fuss over Vettel breaking Mansell's record of pole positions achieved within a single season. Putting it simply,

MANSELL DID IT IN A SEASON WHICH HAD THREE FEWER RACES, DAMN IT! :x :x :x

Glad I've got that off my chest. :lol:
very true. On the other hand mansell had a huge car
advantage. All we can really say is they both drove well
THERE...IS...ANOTHER...SYSTEM......

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Brazil. Dull race - not much more to say.

Only bright spot is that I may never have to listen to eddy jordan again! :D

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 am

^ Or see those bloody eyesore shirts!