Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DreamcastRIP

Re: Formula 1 2011 Thread.....

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 pm

What an idiot Massa's making of himself - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula ... 513318.stm
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:42 pm

This was my favourite part :lol:
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Tomorrow will be the Grand Prix at Abu Dhabi. Another Tilkedrome. There are two DRS zones to supposedly spice things up.

Mr. Vettel claimed another pole. His 14th of the season, and it equals Ferret Face's old record from 1992! He does look unstoppable for the race tomorrow.

Can Lewis stay out of trouble? Can Jenson still maintain the number 2 spot in the WDC? Don't forget Alonso is still pretty close. Plus, what about the battle at Mercedes?

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

I was delighted to see Hamilton in a far more upbeat mood in the post-qualifying drivers' press interview. Heck, he even smiled a few times! :o
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Wow. Vettel seemed to run out of luck today! Still don't know what happened to his tyre. Looks likely it was a slow puncture, bnut it could have come off its rim!

An easy win for Lewis, although he drove well. Teflonso was mega today, he put his Ferrari up into 2nd place. By comparison Massa had another spin. I think we now know that : "Fernando is faster than you. Do you understand, Felipe?" :lol: Jenson drove around his KERS problems and delivered a good result. I hope he hangs on to the number 2 spot in the WDC.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:29 pm

a good, if lucky win for Ham. Alonso was by far my driver of the day - dragging that red sh1tbox around far faster than it was capable of.

No idea why red bull resigned Webber - as a guy he seems lovely - but clearly he's not go it at the top level on track. Same with Massa today too - again - spinning out.

i do hope Trulli and Barrichelo retire at the end of the season. Nothng against them - but would be good to see new faces on the grid.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:a good, if lucky win for Ham.
Lucky, how?

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:15 am

^ Didn't you see the first lap?

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:59 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Lucky, how?
the car in front of him experienced an unexplained mechanical defect - surely a rub of the green?

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:13 pm

I was just thinking that the last time that Hamilton experienced a 'lucky win' was last year in Turkey. On that day it was his Dad's birthday! This time around it was his Mum's! Maybe this is too much of a coincidence.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Timothy Lumsden wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
Lucky, how?
the car in front of him experienced an unexplained mechanical defect - surely a rub of the green?
Fair enough. By the same token Alonso lucked into second place due to Button's car suffering Kers problems.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:34 am

^
Agreed. A lot of racing is luck. Vettel has had lots of luck at times this year too. The luck comment isn't anti-Hamilton (he's one of my favourites).

Also, the more I read about Jenson's technical problems in Abu Dhabi, the more his drive looks pretty impressive.

But then, Alonso really was dragging that ferrari around faster than it actually was. All good drives really.

merman

Post by merman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:50 am

Katzkatz wrote:I was just thinking that the last time that Hamilton experienced a 'lucky win' was last year in Turkey. On that day it was his Dad's birthday! This time around it was his Mum's! Maybe this is too much of a coincidence.
It is a coincidence, but I definitely think Lewis performed better because he seemed to have all the off-track distractions sorted for this race.

And Bernie, don't be such an idiot. Give Austin a race, it looks like it will be a very interesting circuit.
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Katzkatz

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 pm

merman wrote:
And Bernie, don't be such an idiot. Give Austin a race, it looks like it will be a very interesting circuit.
Yep, I have seen the plans for the Austin track and I have to say I am impressed by it. They seem to have thought about the 'flow' of the track, this time around. Part of Tilke's problem is that he designs the tracks on a CAD program, and whilst they might look great on that, in real life they look flat and dull. For Austin however, there is quite a large elevation change, plus a long straight and a superb fast corner, which sort of echoes Road America's turn 1. It does look like it could be Tilke's best work since Malaysia.

With Bernie it seems to be about the rights and level of control he wants. Hence his little digs at Silverstone(which he doesn't own).

Anyway, back to the current season, namely Brasil. The final race. Apparently rain might be possible -YES!!! It is a pretty decent track, Interlagos. There are planned changes for next year. Only one DRS zone, which seems about right. Off of turn 2 and finishing at turn 3(the short straight). The main straight is fairly easy to pass on, as there is a banked corner at the beginning of it.

I hope that Jenson can hang on to the number 2 spot in the WDC. Plus, not wishing to be nasty to Mr. Vettel, but I hope he has another in-car gremlin! Hey, we can't having him winning everything. I already have him down as the title winner for next season and the youngest ever triple world champion!

How is the inter team battle at Mercedes going to play out? Will Schumi get beaten a second time, by young Nico?

It looks like this is going to be Rubens' last race. Apparently, Massa has advised him to retire. Hmmm, Ferrari have given Massa, a coded warning about upping his game, for next season. When is Kimi going to make his return? Kubica's situation is still sketchy, as well.
Last edited by Katzkatz on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Timothy Lumsden

Post by Timothy Lumsden » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 pm

I lost all sympathy for Rubens when he declared he 'deserved his place' - it's formula one darling, everyone has to earn their place and four points even with a bad car doesnt cut it.

the Kubica situation is something of a farce now. I'm a huge huge Kubica fan, but all the rumours and press releases are getting on my t1ts. He's been through a horrible ordeal - but some clarity for his fans would be nice. (my gut feeling is he won't be back)