Selling large part of my retro collection

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

ReplayRetro

Re: Selling large part of my retro collection

Post by ReplayRetro » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:19 pm

just so everyone knows i'm not getting that Neo Geo CD so its back up for grabs
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

gi joe

Post by gi joe » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:33 pm

FatTrucker wrote:
gi joe wrote:I never got a reply :( is that cause I is new :)
Buying and selling rules found underneath the AUP.
To sell or trade on this board you must abide by the following rules;

1. This is supposed to be a community forum, and sales between long-time forum members can be tolerated (and, frankly, are more trustworthy). Therefore, selling, buying, and trade threads are not permitted where members have a post count of less than 50. If you're desperate to sell something right now and haven't posted here before, use that little-known auction site eBay. If sale or trade threads are created by members with less than 50 posts they will be deleted. Moderators will endeavor to advise the thread starter of the reason for deletion.

3. Any and all sales-oriented thread should be in the off-topic section of this board. Threads posted elsewhere will either be moved (if the moderators are in a good mood) or deleted.

4. Each member must only have 1 live sale or trade thread at any one time. Multiple threads of any kind constitute spam. They will be deleted without question.

5. All Sales threads must have a thread title that starts with either 'FOR SALE:', 'FOR TRADE:' or 'WANTED:'
Oh yeah, thought it was just for selling.

Oh well.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:57 pm

ReplayRetro wrote:just so everyone knows i'm not getting that Neo Geo CD so its back up for grabs
Likewise regarding the 3DO and MegaCD.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Can't help thinking these threads would be so much more successful if they had firm prices for people to see rather than requiring people to have speculative punts in the hope something will sell for more money.....might as well just stick stuff on ebay really.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

FatTrucker wrote:Can't help thinking these threads would be so much more successful if they had firm prices for people to see rather than requiring people to have speculative punts in the hope something will sell for more money.....might as well just stick stuff on ebay really.

Hear hear seems to work a treat on jamma+.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 pm

I never really know what to offer without seeming like I'm a chancer. At least a rough idea of what you're looking for?

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:34 pm

aztecca wrote:
FatTrucker wrote:Can't help thinking these threads would be so much more successful if they had firm prices for people to see rather than requiring people to have speculative punts in the hope something will sell for more money.....might as well just stick stuff on ebay really.

Hear hear seems to work a treat on jamma+.
Thing is this site isn't a trade portal. The whole idea behind allowing trading in the first place, was a community thing where members of the community could buy, sell and trade with each other in that spirit. Sales threads where people are just trying to speculate to make more of a profit from people kind of undermines that.

There's no issue if someone wants a certain amount for an item, there's no requirement that things have to be sold for less than their value but the whole 'make me an offer' type of sale leaves a bit of a sour taste, if you want a certain price for something then put a price on it.
I have no issue with someone wanting to make as much money as they can get for something, but under those circumstances, use an impersonal trade portal like ebay rather than a community forum where people generally trade on good faith alone.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

retrowow

Post by retrowow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 am

Well, I'm trying to be fair on pricin with people but the consoles especially 3do etc are worth
£80 mega cd easily £100
neo geo cd with 50 cdr games £170+
Jaguar £100 with the games,
nes £50 or £80 with the games
Atari lynx £60, x 2 lynx and games £90.
Sega saturn £30 or with 50 games £90
Virtual boy with games £90,
Megadrive sets separately £20 each or with over 30 games £60
Master system 1 £50 or with games £65
Master system 2 £20 or with games £50

Complete collection including snes units and cdi £1800
I maybe selling my jag vr units soon and several arcade machines
And my proto type units for phantom, 3do, cdi and snes proto's including cd

But I can't get to these items just yet there in lock up I do have other rate stuff to sell but it's getting down there and photographing it all.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:50 am

retrowow wrote: And my proto type units for phantom, 3do, cdi and snes proto's including cd

But I can't get to these items just yet there in lock up I do have other rate stuff to sell but it's getting down there and photographing it all.
Ok, so perhaps Ive misread the quote.but you mean SNES CD Proto type?! ala playstation joint nintendo sony prototype.....as in this

or this

Or some never before seen development box, and of course I fully understand it would be nothing more then an expensive paperweight with alot ot hoo-haa and history around it but still intrigued...although, dont turn this into a sonic xtreme/bio-hazard 2 prototype scenario becasue that didnt end to happily............but suddenly Im interested in this thread....so crack on and get some pictures :wink: :D
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

retrowow

Post by retrowow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:26 pm

The snes cd unit yeh, I have some concept boards fornit I assume from philips side and a full unit from sony side, it does work and I have some software but I don't know how to decmpile it to play, certainly loads of files on them. When I sell thus stuff it will private sale only through third party, for obvious reasons.

Till the pictured stuff only

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

retrowow wrote:The snes cd unit yeh, I have some concept boards fornit I assume from philips side and a full unit from sony side, it does work and I have some software but I don't know how to decmpile it to play, certainly loads of files on them. When I sell thus stuff it will private sale only through third party, for obvious reasons.

Till the pictured stuff only
private sale...........time to see how much a healty baby boy is going for on the market :twisted: or my soul......keep us posted
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:45 pm

If you pm me an address and mobile number we can talk business. I can be at yours this weekend or tomorrow if you're keen to sell.

Only after the Ps1 snes unit though. depending on which kit it is. I'll pay upto £2000 depending on whether I can get it to run and the model numbers authenticity. I already have the SuperPlayStation Prototype... but am i right in thinking yours is the developers kit?

retrowow

Post by retrowow » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Hey,

It's dev kit but in superplaystation mold, and controllers although doesn't have finalised icons i assume.
It powers up, then some stuff i don't understand comes up. Has various numbers on the back I also have developer notes, don't mean anything to me though. I'm currently trying to get six cd formats used for it's development. I'm I n discussing with the guy. Won't be selling it just yet as i said it's in storage with a lot of other stuff. I will keep ur details and contact u when I am although I can tell you I have been offered over £3000 for the unit and extras. But happy to chat at a later date.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:17 pm

retrowow wrote:Hey,

It's dev kit but in superplaystation mold, and controllers although doesn't have finalised icons i assume.
It powers up, then some stuff i don't understand comes up. Has various numbers on the back I also have developer notes, don't mean anything to me though. I'm currently trying to get six cd formats used for it's development. I'm I n discussing with the guy. Won't be selling it just yet as i said it's in storage with a lot of other stuff. I will keep ur details and contact u when I am although I can tell you I have been offered over £3000 for the unit and extras. But happy to chat at a later date.
I offer £2000 cash for an item, which you don't even know works... and you say no. Even better is that i offer to collect tomorrow and imply cash? I'm a pretty serious PlayStation collector, and would love to own a SuperPlaySTation Devkit.

I hope you can provide more photo's of the above items, as im now about to say to everyone...

I have a funny feeling I have seen these photo's before on a German forum...

How can i be sure? That's where i bought my rare snes games from... oh, the drama.

with the accusations in the air, im off to play some Black ooops.

retrojc

Post by retrojc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:20 pm

of course, i could be wrong. All collections look the same to me these days =/ jealous of 2 of the snes box consoles, but then again, it's just a box.

Incase you're legit, i apologise - I just don't trust yong posters, or iced over catts.