eBay advice please

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

aztecca

Re: eBay advice please

Post by aztecca » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm

If you are sending anything abroad and the parcel weighs above 2kg the cost is ridiculous.Much better to send a couple of parcels.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Lorfarius wrote:Not sure why you even did this in the first place. Postage is not set in stone and it even mentions in the ebay rules that you can change this later and I don't suspect he would have complained if you asked for more to post the item. Yes it's a good turn but a bit silly.
Well, as it turns out he wouldn't have complained as he did offer me an extra £15 - but for me its about 2 things:

First of all (and most importantly) we agreed a price and so I will stick with it - my principals, a deal is a deal.

Secondly, I don't really give a sh*t about feedback but ive only got 44, 100% positive so far and didn't want to get neg feedback. Having said that, I have shipped 60 items over the last few days and chances are that at least 1 buyer might be a tw@ and give me negative feedback for no good reason as most of my listings were fairly clear - also, whilst I only made a couple of quid on this sale overall ive ended up with around £180 in my bank and I know that next time, with a bit more thought and research around postage, I would have got a lot more - so, im fairly happy.

I wasn't aware of the eBay rules about postage - does that mean I can put free postage and then send an invoice for £100 postage and expect to get paid?
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm

If you are sending anything abroad and the parcel weighs above 2kg the cost is ridiculous.Much better to send a couple of parcels.

I had a run in with this today, the item was just over 2kg and the cost rocketed to over £30 WTF.......
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I am having some real issues with people wining items then never paying for them, its driving me crazy all ebay do next to nothing about it :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 am

Just shipped the last of my items. Total money I spent on postage £132.54, total received for postage £130.36. So I think its fair to say that overall I didn't rip anyone off :wink:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:09 am

Bub&Bob wrote:Just shipped the last of my items. Total money I spent on postage £132.54, total received for postage £130.36. So I think its fair to say that overall I didn't rip anyone off :wink:
Is that figure gross or money recieved after filthy paypal take their big slice! In which case you were posting some of it away for free :wink:
WANTED: ANY SNES or GAMEBOY GAMES, OR EMPTY BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS, going for FULL SETS of both.

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:35 pm

bensonrad wrote:
Bub&Bob wrote:Just shipped the last of my items. Total money I spent on postage £132.54, total received for postage £130.36. So I think its fair to say that overall I didn't rip anyone off :wink:
Is that figure gross or money recieved after filthy paypal take their big slice! In which case you were posting some of it away for free :wink:
The total I received on postage was before PP took their cut :(

Will invest in some scales for next time I think

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Bub&Bob wrote:
Lorfarius wrote:Not sure why you even did this in the first place. Postage is not set in stone and it even mentions in the ebay rules that you can change this later and I don't suspect he would have complained if you asked for more to post the item. Yes it's a good turn but a bit silly.
I wasn't aware of the eBay rules about postage - does that mean I can put free postage and then send an invoice for £100 postage and expect to get paid?
Yes if you want but that doesn't guarantee you will get paid :lol: A quick apology after the fact with a quote for P+P would have been fine. eBay also lets you change the P+P amount in the initial invoice stage.
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius