The Not RIP Thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

psj3809

Re: The Not RIP Thread

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 am

SirClive wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Jason Orange. Yeah he might not sing (Actually nor play instruments, or write stuff and may have a dodgy voice) but hes extremely talented.
He does play guitar.
How do you know that ?!? Hes still a waste of space but granted a rich waste of space. Hes done alright considering he cant do squat.

Dreading the day Cliff Richard dies, be non stop Cliff stuff on TV and thousands of women over the age of 60 in tears everywhere

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:29 pm

psj3809 wrote:
SirClive wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Jason Orange. Yeah he might not sing (Actually nor play instruments, or write stuff and may have a dodgy voice) but hes extremely talented.
He does play guitar.
How do you know that ?!?
All four of them that aren't Robbie Williams can play intstruments, they performed as a band on the "Circus" tour. The bloke that normally plays the piano was playing piano, one was on guitar and singing, one playing bass and one on drums.

So there. 8)

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

the_hawk wrote:
ismellicecream wrote:Brian Blessed? He's one of those internet idols isnt he? Ooh Brian Blessed to do my sat nav voice.
That's as maybe, but was also great in Flash Gordon & Blackadder & does have one of the finest VOICES in all the land.

Gawd knows what the rest of your babbling was all about. :?
:lol:

Not too sure myself.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 pm

:lol:

If it helps I haven't known what my own babbling's been about for the past 35 years. :D
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:02 pm

djcarlos wrote:All four of them that aren't Robbie Williams can play intstruments, they performed as a band on the "Circus" tour. The bloke that normally plays the piano was playing piano, one was on guitar and singing, one playing bass and one on drums.

So there. 8)
(gulp). Please tell me you didnt see them on tour ! Blokes going to see Take That, noooooooooooooooooooo !! :shock:

Fred83

Post by Fred83 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:56 pm

ian brown,liam and noel gallagher.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm

wonder how long before someone mentioned in this thread croaks it and we all become the ironic prophets of doom :lol:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:41 pm

psj3809 wrote:
djcarlos wrote:All four of them that aren't Robbie Williams can play intstruments, they performed as a band on the "Circus" tour. The bloke that normally plays the piano was playing piano, one was on guitar and singing, one playing bass and one on drums.

So there. 8)
(gulp). Please tell me you didnt see them on tour ! Blokes going to see Take That, noooooooooooooooooooo !! :shock:
Me mum had the DVD playing on Boxing Day......it was a bloody good show they put on, they would have gone up in my estimation if that git Williams hadn't waltzed back in, prancin' like a t!t.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm

jdanddiet wrote:wonder how long before someone mentioned in this thread croaks it and we all become the ironic prophets of doom :lol:
In that case I'd like to add Piers Morgan to the list.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Vince Mcmahon
the man not only took controle of the wrestling industry, but has mannaged to keep wrestling popular for nearly 4 decades, adapting and changing his product to suit the different generations, weather he was pushing his product towards kids or adults or both at the same time macmahon has always been able to read the tide, his decisions are not always popular with all his customers, some walk away and never go back, but for every fan that turns off the tv to WWE, two more turn on!
yes you may argue that there are other wrestling promotions, i personaly prefer TNA to WWE....but all the other promotions would crumble in a year if wwe shut its doors! its a contravertial statment, but one i truly beleive!
one day soon vince will either retire, or die...and i honestly beleive that the product of wrestling will never be the same again, not that it has been the same for more than 3 years in a row, thanks to the puppet master
Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Smurph

Post by Smurph » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Terry Pratchett, living legend.
Antiriad2097 wrote:There is no in or out, just a constant state of retro gamer.
Nowloading.co.uk My Retrobate Profile

Fishsta

Post by Fishsta » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:59 am

mohicankid wrote:Vince Mcmahon
Y'know, what Vince has achieved is pretty amazing. Let's be honest, we all know Wrestling is one big joke, but the thing with how Vince took this "joke" and effectively serialised it and made a MASSIVE fortune and family business out of it, even with the whole Monday Night Wars, and keeps bringing more and more fans to the table, it is remarkable that the Wrestling industry has become what it is now.

Shane McMahon's, Vince's son, has left to pursue a career outside Wrestling. I think for the WWE to have any future if Vince was to retire or worse, the only person who could realistically keep things going would be Shane.
ImageImage

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 am

the_hawk wrote:
jdanddiet wrote:wonder how long before someone mentioned in this thread croaks it and we all become the ironic prophets of doom :lol:
In that case I'd like to add Piers Morgan to the list.
Can I add Jedward?

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Fishsta wrote:
mohicankid wrote:Vince Mcmahon
Y'know, what Vince has achieved is pretty amazing. Let's be honest, we all know Wrestling is one big joke, but the thing with how Vince took this "joke" and effectively serialised it and made a MASSIVE fortune and family business out of it, even with the whole Monday Night Wars, and keeps bringing more and more fans to the table, it is remarkable that the Wrestling industry has become what it is now.

Shane McMahon's, Vince's son, has left to pursue a career outside Wrestling. I think for the WWE to have any future if Vince was to retire or worse, the only person who could realistically keep things going would be Shane.
most of the decision making is left to stephanie and HHH these days, but vince still has the final say
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:09 pm

Fishsta wrote:
STranger81 wrote:Billy Connolly. The greatest ever comidian thats ever drawn breath. Most comedians have to put on being funny, but he is naturally funny, which makes his routines even more genius.
I can honestly say I've never, EVER found Billy Connolly funny. With the exception of the Super Gran theme tune. Speaking of not RIP and Super Gran, is Gudrun Ure still alive? She must be pushing for 90 by now!
I think his 70s and 80s shows were much funnier, when he wouldn't just rely on swearing every other word to get cheap laughs as seems to have been the case for the last 15-odd years.

Anyway, not a massive fan of their music myself (my mate absolutely adores them) but I do think Status Quo deserve a mention here. Their career must be heading towards the 45-year mark now and they're still one of the very hardest-working bands out there in terms of the huge tours they're always doing for nearly half the year - not like others whose 'tour' comprises of about three or four dates with Scotland, Ireland and Wales ever getting a look-in!
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.