sods law! :(

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

mohicankid

sods law! :(

Post by mohicankid » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:30 pm

been working all over the festive period, racking up 168 hours over a two week period, had a nice day in bed yesterday, and decided to play xbox 360 for the rest of my six days off....turned it on, answerd some messages, left the room for a snack, came bck...to a blank screen and THREE FLASHING RED LIGHTS!!!!
thankfully its not the full blooded RROD but the power pack failure, but that still means my xbox is usless untill i can get a replacment sent by MS (if they even respond to my emails) which won't be untill i'm back in work and unable to play!
i am seriously in a stinker of a mood over this! :(
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

IronMaidenRule

Re: sods law! :(

Post by IronMaidenRule » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:39 pm

mohicankid wrote:been working all over the festive period, racking up 168 hours over a two week period, had a nice day in bed yesterday, and decided to play xbox 360 for the rest of my six days off....turned it on, answerd some messages, left the room for a snack, came bck...to a blank screen and THREE FLASHING RED LIGHTS!!!!
thankfully its not the full blooded RROD but the power pack failure, but that still means my xbox is usless untill i can get a replacment sent by MS (if they even respond to my emails) which won't be untill i'm back in work and unable to play!
That sucks!!!

I remember when I had to send my 360 off for a new optical drive, I was online everyday checking its progress, it took quiet a trip through France, Germany and Belgium!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:32 pm

mohicankid wrote:been working all over the festive period, racking up 168 hours over a two week period, had a nice day in bed yesterday, and decided to play xbox 360 for the rest of my six days off....turned it on, answerd some messages, left the room for a snack, came bck...to a blank screen and THREE FLASHING RED LIGHTS!!!!
Argh :(

Unfortunately, it seems to be part and parcel of being an Xbox 360 owner that you'll get the red lights of doom at some point, join the club.

They really won't take long to sort it out, especially if you haven't got to send the whole thing in to repair, have you tried phoning them? probably quicker than waiting for an email. Even when I had to send my Xbox off to them (I had the dreaded E74 error), it was back to me within 14 days. Sucks that it's happened while you've got time off though. :(
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

chewy

Post by chewy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:38 am

IronMaidenRule wrote:
That sucks!!!

I remember when I had to send my 360 off for a new optical drive, I was online everyday checking its progress, it took quiet a trip through France, Germany and Belgium!
Your Xbox is better travelled than I am!

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:14 pm

hellen popped to town for me and bought me a replacment today then bought it round to my flat :), so i can play again...still no reply from xbox.com though...its four days now, and they prommise to reply within two, sent them an emal telling them how dissapointed i am with their lack of customer service!

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

mohicankid wrote:hellen popped to town for me and bought me a replacment today then bought it round to my flat :), so i can play again...still no reply from xbox.com though...its four days now, and they prommise to reply within two, sent them an emal telling them how dissapointed i am with their lack of customer service!
That was really nice of her.. what a lovely lady..

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:21 pm

yea she looks after me, pain in the arse at times but a heart of gold!
:P

Joey

Post by Joey » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:56 pm

mohicankid wrote:still no reply from xbox.com though...its four days now, and they prommise to reply within two, sent them an emal telling them how dissapointed i am with their lack of customer service!
Dont bother with emails mate. They have a number for dealing with the replacing of xbox's, you will resolve the issue much quicker.

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 pm

mohicankid wrote:yea she looks after me, pain in the arse at times but a heart of gold!
:P
Cheeky git

My daughter did say that he had described me spot on - wonder if she'll change her mind when she wants to use my xbox? :twisted:

Thanks for the comment boggy though of course I couldn't see my mate with an unusable xbox now, could I, even if he is cheeky? :D

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 pm

Couple of things:1)Look at it this way,least yours was 'natural' occurance/under warranty, Numpty Vulture here, back along with his 1st NEW PSP, decides to transfer load of music/Video across-get bored..dedides to move pc monitor (why?), forgetting base is'nt fixed...said base...falls...PSP screen smashed. (this at a time no-one was doing PSP screen repairs).Might as well burnt the money i paid for the machine. :oops: 2)Helen:did you ever get that wierd PSP screen fault sorted? Just curious.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 am

Helensification wrote:
My daughter did say that he had described me spot on
good girl, got her head screwed on has that one ;)
but all joking aside, helen is a great friend, always williing to help outa friend!

of course, it dose help that i am fantasticaly good looking! :P

Helensification

Post by Helensification » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:25 am

thevulture wrote:2)Helen:did you ever get that wierd PSP screen fault sorted? Just curious.
Not exactly. We bought new games for it and the screen image retention has gone - it would appear that GTA was the main problem. The other 2 games that came with it seem to also be corrupt (they had come from a home with young kids so maybe that was the issue there).

The screen still splits in two occasionally but holding the power button down seems to rectify it, so have left it alone as it is playable now.

I'm just going to have a go at repairing a DS with a faulty connection for a friend but not sure I'd want to have a go on a PSP.

mohicankid wrote:of course, it dose help that i am fantasticaly good looking
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:55 am

gonna sit down and play meddal of honour to death in a bit! got it as a belated birthday pressie, just not gotten round to playing it yet!