Broke my leg!

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

chewy

Broke my leg!

Post by chewy » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:30 am

3 days before Chrimbo (did it on the 22nd) fell over on some ice! Sympathy please! ;) Whilst we're on the subject, what's the worst thing that's happened to you in the festive season? I was looking forward to coming home from Uni for a bit, but this takes the biscuit! :)

binaryRooster

Re: Broke my leg!

Post by binaryRooster » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:15 am

i was run over by a very apologetic Irish lady in the run up to xmas many, many years ago. i was with a group of people at a zebra crossing and we waited until the traffic stopped on one side, started crossing and she ran me down like a dog on the other! She broke my arm which had to be pinned and gave me a brutal scar. I was gutted because i missed the documentary on Imagine and Ocean software that was showing on the BBC! I eventually got to see it about 25 years later after picking up a dvd at the Retro fair in Croydon. It was well worth the wait. :D

Lorfarius

Post by Lorfarius » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:27 am

Not the best of experiences is it? I broke mine last year diagonally across both bones just above the right ankle :shock: Titanium plates and pins ahoy now I'm a sure thing for the lead role in Robocop. Awful thing to happen so you have my sympathies!
For all your mad retro gaming needs, regular content on a daily basis!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lorfarius

MikeFishcake

Post by MikeFishcake » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:21 am

My friend Toby is an actor and comedian, and a few days ago he slipped and broke his collar bone. He's recovering now though. To prove he's never off duty as a comedian, in an awesome sense of comedic timing he's actually appearing in next Tuesday's episode of Holby City :)

StarshipUK

Post by StarshipUK » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm

I was hospitalized Christmas Day in 2000 with Kidney Stones. I then decided to give up drinking Coke and have not had them since (thank goodness!).

I remember Father Christmas coming around the ward with Christmas Presents, but not many people in the Wards as most people had been sent home for Christmas.
I'm gonna burn your house down. With a lemon.

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:32 am

My older brother put me in hospital on Christmas Day when I was 4 or 5 (I can't quite remember which). He was waving a pillow case around, pretending to be Santa, and did not realise it had some toy bricks inside. I got a bit too close and ended up have my head cracked open by it :)

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:18 am

Ouch! Chewy, that's not a great Christmas present! You have my sympathy, though. Hope you heal up quickly.

XFile2708

Post by XFile2708 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 am

Mine was this christmas unfortunately - had flu symptoms since last Tuesday and early hours of xmas day was rushed to hospital in an ambulance due to vomitting up blood... :?

Spent 10hrs in hospital - poked, prodded, probed, x-rayed etc...

Turns out with all the vomitting I'd done I'd torn the lining in my stomach - so now on tablets to repair the lining... still have cold symptoms and have lost my voice but apart from that im back home and on the mend slowly :lol:

chewy

Post by chewy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:02 am

XFile2708 wrote:Mine was this christmas unfortunately - had flu symptoms since last Tuesday and early hours of xmas day was rushed to hospital in an ambulance due to vomitting up blood... :?

Spent 10hrs in hospital - poked, prodded, probed, x-rayed etc...

Turns out with all the vomitting I'd done I'd torn the lining in my stomach - so now on tablets to repair the lining... still have cold symptoms and have lost my voice but apart from that im back home and on the mend slowly :lol:
:shock:
Crikey... All in all, hasn't been too bad for me. Played some emulated games on my Mac, haven't been with it to really play much! No booze either, but that's probably a good thing ;)

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:18 am

Hope your feeling better soon. Fortunately I have no Yuletide horror stories.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:06 pm

Lots of yule tide horror stories mainly involving death, so will give it a miss
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

oldtimer

Post by oldtimer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:30 pm

i got kicked in the bollox one easter.... does that count?
ATARI....There can be only one !!!!!!!

Kaptain_Von

Post by Kaptain_Von » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Have some sympathy!

Worst things that have happened during the festive season?

December 20th 1985, was in a car accident in which my girlfriend was killed and left me in hospital seriously f***ed up for five months.

Christmas eve 1999, got serious flu that put me in bed over the festive season and triggered a long term illness.

New Year 2003 my grandmother passed away.

Christmas 2010, was made redundant.
Cue the music, fade to black...
----------------------------------------------------------
http://kaptainskonfessions.blogspot.com/

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:28 pm

Errr, need to lighten the tone after that last post! Man sorry to hear for what has happened to you over the years. :(

Well my worst is perhaps this year. Nothing bad to me, but my wife sent a picture of my daughter and I in the bath to her parents in Japan. What she didn't realise or then tell my until boxing day was that half of my most private parts were visible in the picture.

I hope they don't notice it! Luckily there are plenty of other non bath pics too. :oops:
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)