snowkatt

Re: 'random niceness' thread

Post by snowkatt » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:40 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:More keys:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter RPGQZ-QQ688-QJFQR
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter 2NT95-9XFB5-RID85

Same deal as last time.

apparantly i used them both
steam crashed when i tried the first encounter and worked fine when i tried the second encounter after which i found out i now have them both ...uh thanks ...i guess ?

i stil have the witcher sloshing around in my inventory if anybody wants it
and other then the previous ps 2 games im also offering up shinobido
and buffy the vampire slayer seasons 1 2 and 4
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

SpiffierRabbit

Post by SpiffierRabbit » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:39 pm

Anybody want a fire emblem awakening art book?

dste

Post by dste » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:46 pm

^^Could I take that please.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:57 am

dste wrote:^^Could I take that please.
Dude, that was a nice thing that spiffierrabbit offered up.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Anybody interested in a disc-only copy of Postal for the PC? It's being charity-shopped or binned if it doesn't get claimed.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm offering DOA Xtreme Volleyball for 360 CIB same rules must be replaced and no steam codes
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Shinobi wrote:I'm offering DOA Xtreme Volleyball for 360 CIB same rules must be replaced and no steam codes
I'll take that please, Steve. :D

Ive seen a lot of things taken and not replaced in the last few pages. I wont sound anyone out but you know who you are.
Im thinking of starting an alternative Random Niceness thread that I will preside over.
Basic rules will apply and you already know what they are.
1. An item for an item. Any item claimed will not be sent out until a replacement if offered.
2. No codes.
3. No PM claiming.

Does anyone think I should bother doing this?
I have a nice item to replace what I just claimed off Shinobi but will hold off just a tad until I get a little feedback on my idea. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 pm

^ Personally think that's a bit much. No problem with people offering up codes myself, although not something I'd ever want to snap up.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ Personally think that's a bit much. No problem with people offering up codes myself, although not something I'd ever want to snap up.
Fair enough, mate. :D
Do you think its ok for people to take an item and not replace it... just out of interest?

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:46 pm

im fine with peopel taking something and not returning and item
not everybody has something they can offer up immediatly just yet

( and nobody seems to be interested in my latest offerings either )
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

Mire Mare

Post by Mire Mare » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:49 pm

gman72 wrote:
Shinobi wrote:I'm offering DOA Xtreme Volleyball for 360 CIB same rules must be replaced and no steam codes

Ive seen a lot of things taken and not replaced in the last few pages. I wont sound anyone out but you know who you are.
Im thinking of starting an alternative Random Niceness thread that I will preside over.
1. An item for an item. Any item claimed will not be sent out until a replacement if offered.
2. No codes.
3. No PM claiming.

I have a nice item to replace what I just claimed off Shinobi but will hold off just a tad until I get a little feedback on my idea. :D
I've felt for a while that the original idea for the thread has been, not lost, but diminished. I think your first rule is sound, gman. I don't have a prob with codes for games or Gold Xbox membership etc and your third rule is also sound. I think rule 1 & 3 already exist though. I would like to see a rule that allows anyone to take an item, offer a replacement of similar or greater 'value' but then not be allowed to take say the next 3 items. It'll make people be a bit more choosy perhaps but would definitely give other members, that maybe only visit the forum once a day, to participate.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:54 pm

gman72 wrote:Fair enough, mate. :D
Do you think its ok for people to take an item and not replace it... just out of interest?
No, I try to keep a mental note of what I've offered up VS what I've taken. I think maybe formalising that rule into requiring people to offer something the moment they ask for an item could cause people to shy away from the thread if they don't always have something to hand, though. Over time, patterns will emerge and people will notice, and I think a polite 'reminder' should be enough! :)

gman72

Post by gman72 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:09 pm

snowkatt wrote:im fine with peopel taking something and not returning and item
not everybody has something they can offer up immediatly just yet

( and nobody seems to be interested in my latest offerings either )
nor mine. :(
also some people don't even replace an item at a later date, which I think is against the OPz wishes when he set up the thread.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:17 pm

gman72 wrote:

2. No codes.
3. No PM claiming.

I dont think we need a new thread, I just think people need to sort themselves out. I wont send anything until I see that something has gone back up, with the exception of a few that I know are pretty 'loyal' to the thread. I think codes for codes is fine, games for games etc.

I send out bits to those I feel deserve it every now and then anyway, instead of going through this thread. I'll try to get some more bits together soon. Samhain hasnt given me his address or offered anything up in return. I'll hold it for this weekend but the item in question will be back up if he no longer wants it.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:20 pm

gman72 wrote:

2. No codes.
3. No PM claiming.

Its yours Grant will get it out Monday

I do agree with you about the thread as when Trev started the thread he clearly stated it must be replaced.. Trev has given more or gone out out of his way to help people more then anybody and people still complained that they felt the forum wasn't as friendly as it used to be as they weren't allowed to take things and not replace them..

Before with Pixel everybody complained how he hoovered everything up as most people believed it was Krusty or Chiptune under a Pseudonym.. Then again every-time something was offered it was taken not replaced and the thread died a death.. Thread rises Phoenix like from the attic same people claim everything don't replace and the dies again..

I have no problem with people posting codes for 360 games, but look at the kid who got the DS game and he replaced it with a steam code for a cheap game and he's not posted again since.. Maybe somebody can start a free tat thread where they can post things that don't have to be replaced if they feel that strongly about it.. Also naming and shaming people who don't post out.. If that was EAK, Pennywise or Chiptune people would be at there house with pitchforks and burning torches

If you do start a New thread monitored thread I have a snes Pirates of Dark Water cart I can post up get it started
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"