'random niceness' thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

shiftytigger

Re: 'random niceness' thread

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:10 am

On a day when I could articulate my points better this was the point I was trying badly to make. Those taking without giving know who they are and that is their conscience . Me I do try and post at least something to replace. Not always good but ive had takers on even the stuff I didnt expect. We never needed to police it before so lets keep it gong as it was. Maybe a mod could delete the non relevant posts as a favour to the thread and to keep the flow.

Dont close the thread though. Its been too good to waste.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 am

Would you prefer it if I just stayed away from the thread, shifty?
I'm assuming by deleting non relevant posts you mean mine where I was trying get a bit of flow and balance back to the thread with which the OP and others agreed. If you'd prefer it I will just stay away.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 am

I think the thread should be locked and somebody else should start it anew and police it!! I'm with Trev and G on this one I'm afraid!

Just answer me this how come this thread dies for months as people are quick to take but not replace!! I'm sure if somebody does a count say the last 20 pages before G spoke out.. And Tally who took something and if they replaced it, I'm sure you will find people are taking and replacing hence the thread dies for months on end.. I'd say Megamixer and G Man have single handedly keep this thread going, with the sheer amount they've given away!

So prehaps somebody else can restart the thread and replace the rule you don't have to replace what you take.. Not to bang my own drum I do feel I'm justified in saying this just look at the tribute thread Sega did me and the amount of stuff I've given away for free..

If people where replacing stuff the thread wouldn't die, not starting a argument just how I see it..
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:58 am

So it's either start a new thread and police it (which would work in theory but possibly subtly kill the loose, generous vibes that we had going on here)...

...or...

...carry on as before without policing to keep the pleasant mood but risk people being greedy and taking lots of stuff.

I really don't know. I'm just sad that a thread like this (which has been pretty amazing) has become so serious and potentially doomed. I'm not saying anybody is responsible by saying or doing certain things though. All I'll say is that whetever the solution, I'll still be around to donate stuff.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:01 am

same here, man. I've got some great stuff to donate. :D
Oh, and, shinobi, it goes without saying that you've been one of the mosty generous donators in here. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am

My posts are part of the derailment too Gman - ive not singled you out or even mentioned you.Not sure why you think im trying to pick at you but ive never tried to before.
And I have nothing to gain from doing so . Not here to make enemies just seeing this thread fall like this is sad.

Ill stay out of posting until its sorted. My last offers still stand and I will remove them when theyve gone.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:15 am

shiftytigger wrote:My posts are part of the derailment too Gman - ive not singled you out or even mentioned you.Not sure why you think im trying to pick at you but ive never tried to before.
And I have nothing to gain from doing so . Not here to make enemies just seeing this thread fall like this is sad.

Ill stay out of posting until its sorted. My last offers still stand and I will remove them when theyve gone.
Its, ok, relax. I'm just being paranoid. I apologise for my outburst. After the hammering I've taken in the E3 threads i'm feeling a little raw and on edge and unpopular. Don't lets either of us stay away. :D

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:18 am

I thought that we had given a huge bump to this thread in the last few days and seen some great generosity. I'll pop some more bits up later if I can, and would hate to see this fall apart because some whiney members cant have what they want. You post crap after taking decent stuff and you make this whole thing fall part. You are rude in doing so.

This is Nokgod's thread, you are all taking part in the generosity that HE bestowed upon you. I dont see anyone else giving out FREE GBA's or holding 50quids worth of stuff up for grabs if another member can replicate this generosity (and not necessarily to him). You should be ashamed of yourselves for questioning him.

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 am

would also like to say thank you Shinobi, Megamixer & Gman. Your niceness is much appreciated :D

EDIT - Thanks to you too Snowkatt! Starting to forget everyone with the amount thats going about :oops:
Last edited by Black Ridge on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:48 am

Since I've taken DoA4 off of Black Ridge, I'll re-post my counter-offer which got lost amongst the past few pages or so. Stock photo but the exact item you will receive. All complete and in nice condition too :)

If we can get this rolling again, I probably have a lot more stuff to drip-feed onto here too.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

yogster

Post by yogster » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 am

Back on topic, offered.

Teleroboxer cart only.

Any interest?

gman72

Post by gman72 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 am

RUOK wrote:Oooh gman, is that the SCUMM Indiana Jones? If so I can I grab it?
No, mate sorry. It is the Indiana Jones and the Emporers Tomb 3D adventure for PC.

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:21 am

"And your back in the room.....*click*"

Good, Found this afternoon after a quick tidy up under the settee

Dead Rising 2 - Xbox360, boxed, complete

also still available

Psychic Force - PS1, boxed, OK condition (playable)

If anyone wants either, you know what to do. Cheers
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Black Ridge

Post by Black Ridge » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 am

Up for grabs.....NEW but not sealed

The Hardest of All Freds

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

I still have Star Wars: Attack of the Clones on 2 Disc DVD and The Broken Sword Trilogy up for grabs. I will also add a third party Saturn pad, PS2 Memory Card (official) and a PS1 GameShark adaptor thingy as well.
Going Solo...................