'random niceness' thread

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

The Hardest of All Freds

Re: 'random niceness' thread

Post by The Hardest of All Freds » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 pm

firebreather wrote:

It is, what will your replacement offering be
He offered stuff in the post before that one.
Going Solo...................

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm

GigaPepsiMan wrote:Got some pc games to go if anyone wants them.

Windows 95:
Sonic CD (Jewel Case, no big box)

PC:
Black & White
Lords of the Realm III
The Settlers IV
Still free. Might have more later I'll have to check.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:09 pm

firebreather wrote:
We do need more of this... good call firebreather. :D
In this case the other dude did offer up some stuff in the post before so fair enough I guess, but firebreather was right to ask because he obviously didn't realize some stuff had already been offered.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

nokgod wrote:Yeah, just been reading through the past few pages and when i started this thread i kinda (naively) thought everyone would truly enter into the spirit of things.
I think gman72 is right and i'll have to tighten up the 'rules' that govern the thread. Its a shame i need to do it....but people are people, i guess. I really, really don't like the idea that people are being hassled via pm for offering to give stuff away in accordance with the rules!! This is the exact opposite of what i wanted to happen.

I'll take into consideration gman's suggestions and edit the rules in the next day or two.

Now i've had my little rant, i'd like to thank JaguarWong for the PS3 game, it arrived safe and sound today, ta very much! :D

@shifty....good job i read the post about your change of address. I'll drop that in the post tomorrow. Would have done it today, but i had to work through my lunch.

No problem Trev and really - no rush, whenever you can.

I have officially moved and finished unpacking nearly all and found something I was going to send off a while back but cannot find the PM relating to it. Would the person who wanted the incomplete MD 2 and internal motherboards for an md please drop me a PM . Think i was going to look into postage costs for them. Sorry I forgot but moving did throw me out of sync.

As my last offering has gone quite a way back now I put up an original release of Assassins creed on PS3. Complete and good condition.
Last edited by shiftytigger on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Its awesome now.
Loads of great stuff moving about and people playing by the rules. This thread has been a tad stagnant for a while but now its flowing again and I hope it stays like this. Well done, nokgod, for creating an awesome thread. :D
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 pm

gman72 wrote: Nice one, nokgod.
I probably should have spoken to you first about rule changes, it is your thread. Sorry, dude. :D
No probs, appreciate the input. 8) It really would be a shame for the thread to die.

I'm going to root through my stuff and find something nice and (fairly) valuable to put on here shortly. In theory that means there should always be something of 'worth' (as well as the usual bits and bobs) available on the thread in future. Lets see..... :wink:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

snowkatt

Post by snowkatt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:23 am

the games that peopel have claimed last time i offered something has been send off
no idea when they will arrive though
might take a while depending on customs and all that
hey wait ! i got a new complaint !

yogster

Post by yogster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:26 am

Cart only
Wrestlemania 2000 n64
super Mario 64 n64

GigaPepsiMan

Post by GigaPepsiMan » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:49 am

yogster wrote:Cart only
Wrestlemania 2000 n64
super Mario 64 n64
Can I get dibs on them for now?

To replace it I'll offer up those pc games from before and a disc only resident evil 3 (gamecube).

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:53 am

The Hardest of All Freds wrote:
firebreather wrote:

He offered stuff in the post before that one.
Oh yes, im on the ball :oops: :) i'll pm yogster for his address

yogster

Post by yogster » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:15 am

GigaPepsiMan wrote:
yogster wrote:Cart only
Wrestlemania 2000 n64
super Mario 64 n64
Can I get dibs on them for now?

To replace it I'll offer up those pc games from before and a disc only resident evil 3 (gamecube).
yeah sure pm me your address and I'll send them your way.
Damn I'd really like the resi game as I'm a big resi fan but I've already taken something from this thread. :(

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:41 am

Could i make a suggestion that when we post things as available then we put the item in Red font, we can then edit our own posts back to normal font once the item has gone.

Roo

Post by Roo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 am

yogster wrote: Damn I'd really like the resi game as I'm a big resi fan but I've already taken something from this thread. :(
I think it's an unspoken rule that you can take more than one thing from the thread, so long as you don't abuse that privilege and offer a corresponding number of items (or more, if you like) up in return. Everybody's randomly nice like that. :)

bensonrad

Post by bensonrad » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 am

Up for grabs:
Large Box of Playstation 1&2 Magazines - would prefer collection on these either from Seaford, East Sussex or London, Victoria (during work hours) I don't really have the money to post these, but am happy to have them couriered if you want to pay majority of the postage costs.

Also still have these:
D-Tox DVD film with Sly Stalone
Burnout 3: Take Down (PS2 DISC ONLY)

I am sure some one was asking for a burnout game recently found it side another game box the other day!

I am not taking that From Russia with Love (PS2) game anymore, found I actually had it on the xbox so no need for it on another system.

Cheers
WANTED: Mario Party 3 on N64 (just the Box only) ANY SNES GAMES, OR EMPTY SNES BOXES, INSTRUCTION MANUALS or WHITE INNER TRAYS.

gman72

Post by gman72 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:11 am

firebreather wrote:Could i make a suggestion that when we post things as available then we put the item in Red font, we can then edit our own posts back to normal font once the item has gone.
I don't know how to do that, honestly.
If no dealings are done via PM wont it be obvious what is and is not available if you read the thread?