R.I.P my dad

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

IronMaidenRule

Re: R.I.P my dad

Post by IronMaidenRule » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss MK, I personally have not yet lost anyone close to me, but the thought of it is not pleasant at all. My condolences.

paranoid marvin

Post by paranoid marvin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:28 pm

It's such a shame that often we only appreciate what we've got when it's too late. The worst thing about death is that it's so final , and there's no going back or changing what has happened. There'll always be what-ifs , maybes and if onlys , but at least you didn't part on bad terms.

You shouldn't beat yourself up mate , it sounds like you and your dad were independant people who got together when it really mattered. He'll understand in the same way that you'd understand if it had been the other way round. It'll take time to make peace with yourself mate,but just remember that you parted with no anmosity or ill-feeling to one another , and that's something to take comfort in.
Mr Flibble says...
"Game over , boys!"

thl

Post by thl » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:31 pm

Very upsetting news. :(

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you can cope with it as it's very difficult to accept, especially when you lose someone who been around for so long.

All my condolences goes out for you.

boggyb68

Post by boggyb68 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Really sorry to hear this Si, it really just sums up the my admiration for you in the way you carried on after this devastating news at the weekend, and I really can't put into words how it feels to lose on of your parents, no matter on which terms you parted on.. I know how it feels to lose a father and I only wish I could have offered you a shoulder at the weekend.. but you have good friends and after reading the comments and advice on here I can genuinely feel the high regard and affection people have for you and too right they do..

Take care.

B.
Pinkle Squirmy Blip Blip Blip

newoldgamer

Post by newoldgamer » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Oh...I'm sorry about that mate...don't be blaming yourself...these things happen....

Klib- You insensitive little censored....that is really immature, he's having a tough time...(added as foe)

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Take Care, pal.

Rinoa

Post by Rinoa » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Really sorry to hear of your loss, Si. That's really sad :(

What a strong person you were over the weekend, carrying on with all that work at R3play despite the awful news.

Take care.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 am

ok just so that you are all aware, kilb has appoligised to me via pm for the rash comments he made earlyer in this thread, i have accepted, and let him know i have no ill feelings towards him!
i even suggested that he has probably upsett you lot more than he did me!

we all say silly things somtimes, we all step out of line from time to time and it is not worth losing a contributing forum member over somthing said in bad taste!

so live and let lie people, i have forgiven him....so can you! :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:24 am

Yep totally agree, its good he contacted you via PM to do that.

Do you know yet how much you raised for charity over the weekend ?

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 am

psj3809 wrote:Yep totally agree, its good he contacted you via PM to do that.

Do you know yet how much you raised for charity over the weekend ?
i know what was raised in my corner, it came to a total of £1,270 for the raffle/tombola/dip/balloon fight with roughly two thirds of that coming from the tombola/dip
there were other moneys raised as well...i know the dojo guys who ran the fighter comps raised £135 and the guy who holds the mariokart record raised around £40...although i can't remember the exact sum on that!

i do know this, whatever was raised in the name of charity, the R3PLAY guys have pledged to bump it up to £2,000, which is fantastic seeing as they have already done so much!
and remember, the charity money raised will be split between the computer museam and macmillans cancer

which now seems all the more appropreate as its looking that my dad died of cancer to the pancreas! :(

still trying to find out info....
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:47 am

Well again top marks mate for doing that stall all day (And helen). Good on ya fella

merman

Post by merman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:25 am

Simon, I was so sad for you when I heard the news. Thank you for all you did, raising money for Macmillan over the weekend and for helping make the event such a success. You're a great person. *hug*
merman1974 on Steam, Xbox Live, Twitter and YouTube

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 am

*** Please Moderators Allow Me This Message ***

As mentioned above, I sent a PM to Mohicankid to apologize for my rash comments directed towards him at his most emotional time.

He graciously accepted my apology and suggested that I also address the fellow members of this forum and apologize to them.

My words were harsh and unacceptable towards Simon in his time of mourning and I am sorry that fellow members found them to be disturbing.
I accept that sometimes I can go too far with my comments (RE: Charity Begins At Home and Tattoos threads come to mind) and in future I will stop and think before I put my comments down, especially when of a sensitive nature is called for.

I know forgiveness should not be given to me, just acknowledgement of my apology.

Thank you for reading this

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 am

Good on ya fella.

Lets save any arguments for the famous 'C64/Speccy/Amstrad, which was best' thread ? ;)

SirClive

Post by SirClive » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 am

Good on you for being big enough to apologise Kilb. I don't think anyone will hold a grudge. If Simon is happy to accept it then we all should.