R.I.P my dad

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Mire Mare

Re: R.I.P my dad

Post by Mire Mare » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Hey MK, really sorry to read your post. It'll be a tough time no doubt. Thoughts are with you.

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Even though I don't know you personally, my thoughts are with you at this tricky time....

From what I have read on this forum - he would have been very very proud.......

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:02 pm

Dude, sorry about hear about that. As someone who has met you, swapped some banter, and had a top laugh with you, my thoughts are with you. And don't listen to kilb. He should be ashamed for posting something like that. But, as FT said, this isn't a battleground thread, but a remembrance thread.
Chin up, son. It'll get better over time. And you know we're all here for ya buddy.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Ah man! Only just read this thread.... :(

You're obviously a strong person Simon, i'm sure you'll cope with this in your own way. My condolences to you and all your family mate.

take care....

trev.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Roo

Post by Roo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Sorry to hear about this. You're in our thoughts. :(

Sir Hilary Bray

Post by Sir Hilary Bray » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm so sorry mate :(

I don't know what else to say, you know myself and the rest of the members on here are always
about, if you ever want to chat.

Keep tough buddy.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Losing a parent is always tough, even if you didn't get along. I didn't really get on with my old man for the last 3 years before he croaked and it's only really now (11 years later) that I kinda wish we were on better terms...getting older does funny things to your way of thinking.

As with most things though, it get easier :)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Red_Hot_Sax_Man

Post by Red_Hot_Sax_Man » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:08 pm

I signed up to this forum several months ago - I occasionally check on the forum, but don't tend to contribute as I am very busy with other forums/social networks promoting Britannia Wrestling Promotions that MK (Si) and I started back in 2008 together. Si is my best friend and a much loved member of my little family. He has a wonderful heart and will bend over backwards to help out anybody who is in need of help ... no questions asked, nothing expected in return.

I heard about his father on Friday morning when he called into my home on the way to Blackpool ... and I didn't know exactly what to say to him. I was able to speak to him after he finished packing away his stall on Sunday via phone and we had a heart to heart. Si sent me the link to this thread for me to read, and I was deeply touched by the support, love and comforting words that so many of his friends have made on here ... I know Si better than most and know that he will be so, so thankful to know he has so many kind hearted friends out there.

Si and I have a very important wrestling show this weekend in Denbigh, North Wales and we are going to spend Saturday night at his place following the show sharing a big ass bottle of vodka celebrating two things ... 1) (hopefully) another successful BWP wrestling show and 2) his fathers life. I'll personally make sure that he keeps his chin up, his smile on his face and his glass full to the brim!

My thoughts, my families thoughts and all of our love is with you right now Si - you have been there for us when we have been down in the past - this isn't me/us repaying the favor, it's us being your friend.

I also want to mention that if I ever come across Kilb, the mouthy little fucker who hides behind his monitor, then I will relay all of Simon's friends' messages from this thread in the form of a BWP sized arse kicking! Insensitive little censored.
Last edited by Red_Hot_Sax_Man on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss my friend. My dad and I are more like best mates or brothers rather than father and son, I know that when the time comes I am going to be absolutely devastated and can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Although I was unable to attend R3Play (would love to have been there), from what I've seen on this thread I admire you no end and you sound like one top bloke of whom your dad would have been extremely proud. RIP.
Best wishes mate
Stu.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

Dave300

Post by Dave300 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:35 pm

So sorry to hear about your loss. RIP your dad.

sscott

Post by sscott » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:42 pm

Sorry to hear this Simon.

Hopefully that negative poster won't return.

Chinnico

Post by Chinnico » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

SirClive wrote:Simon, you are one of the most amazing people I know and the effort and energy that you put into this weekend *after* hearing such bad news is astounding (but not surprising).
Dear Simon,
I can only quote SirClive's words. I would never ever imagined what burden you were carrying. I admidred the dedication and strenght with which you run all the charity raffle over the weekend; but now, knowing that you did all this in such a state, I want to extend this admiration from what you showed to be able to do to what you proved to be able to be.
My most sincere condolences

Lorenzo

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:26 pm

MK, I can't really add to anything that's already been said. You have my condolences at what must be a terrible time.

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:36 pm

You did a fantastic job as usual throughout the weekend considering this Simon which is to your eternal credit - our thoughts with you at this sad time.
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 pm

Sad news MK, my condolences :(