R.I.P my dad

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

mohicankid

R.I.P my dad

Post by mohicankid » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:21 pm

i havn't spoken to my dad for over a year, i lost contact with most of my family a while ago through personal choice,with my dad being my only point of contact, then eventualy fell out of contact with him, no arguments or anything, i lost my phone, including his number, then moved house, so with him not having my number or adress, he had no way of getting in touch with me...and visa versa, i suppose i could have if i'd have wanted to, but it didn't seem that important!
whilst on the way to R3PLAY on friday morning, i received a 3rd person message that my dad had infact died on or around october 11th.
it came as a bit of a shock to be honest, i mean, well, its my dad! love him or not now, i did once! he was a single parent, and despite me not apreciating it at the time, he did the best he could, its not the fact that i'll never see him again that bothers me so much, but the fact that due to my own ignorance, not only did i not get a chance to say good bye, but i never got to see him off!
its kinda sad ,but this is my only outlett on this one, so for what its worth, goodbye dad, and i'm sorry for being such a sh!t.

thanks to r3play, i have been way too busy to actualy think about this untill now, i hope you don't mind me doing this here

thanks
M'K

oh, and if you havn't spoken to your parents in a while, for whatever reason....give them a call!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Fred83

Re: R.I.P my dad

Post by Fred83 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:34 pm

R.I.P. Im sorry for your troubles :(
Last edited by Fred83 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroRik

Post by RetroRik » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:46 pm

Feel for you Si.

I had the same situation 18 months ago when my dad died. He had moved 130 miles away when i was 14 ( 27 years ago ) and we hardly ever kept in touch with each other.

Shocked when he died but it didn't effect me as it should have. To many missing years between us.

Maybe time and distance numbs the pain but as you say, he was your dad at the end of the day.

Take care mate.

RIK

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:51 pm

That is rubbish news mate. Thoughts are with you at this time

RIP
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Sorry to hear that news mate :(

Not spoken to my dad for maybe 8 months now - he's been a complete tw@t since he left my mum..............................................

Maybe it's time I phoned him - its just a shame that something like this is what it takes to push me into doing it :(
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 pm

Sorry to hear what's happened, thoughts with you at this time. :(
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am

That is awful mate.My thoughts are with you.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

Cate

Post by Cate » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:35 am

Kilb wrote:I hope you feel guilty. He was your father, he sired you and you turned your back on him. Unless he did something to you which was completely unacceptable you should feel ashamed.
You will never have the chance to say to him so much. Think on that
Harsh!

Anyway, really sorry for your loss... x :(

ismellicecream

Post by ismellicecream » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:47 am

So sorry mate. No words can ease how you must be feeling right now, but time will.

Kilb you twat. :x

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:06 am

M.K, Mate, Truely sorry to hear of your loss.So nearly lost my father this year.Kinda brought home just how trival some of the things we used to disagree on are.Done a lot of bridge building since then.But loosing a loved one, without getting chance to say goodbye, does really twist in your gut.I never got the chance to say goodbye to my Gran before she passed away, something which haunts me to this day.Time does help you come to terms with things, may sound impossible in the here and now, But....Any way, My thoughts go out to you at this horrid time.

will2097

Post by will2097 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:24 am

Kilb wrote:I hope you feel guilty. He was your father, he sired you and you turned your back on him. Unless he did something to you which was completely unacceptable you should feel ashamed.
T*sser.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:53 am

Oh mate thats really really poor. You dont know the full story about what happened and the reasons. Seriously thats total crap which you've written. I really hope nothing happens to your family, but imagine if sadly it did and then some tw@t online writes crap like the above. Just think how you would feel.

Mohican - Sorry to hear about your news, think of the good times and the positives.

stvd

Post by stvd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:44 am

Terrible news.

Jesus, you've got to be kidding?
If ever there's an example of "if you haven't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all", this is it! :(

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:44 am

@ Mohicankid - Sorry for your loss, try and keep your chin up.

@ Klib - Irrespective of who, if someone you don't know was talking about the recent loss of a family member would you interject with that sort of comment in real life, face-to-face with the recently bereaved? Just wondered if you're a pr*ck in real life or just online.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:50 am

The Mask Seller wrote:@ Klib - Irrespective of who, if someone you don't know was talking about the recent loss of a family member would you interject with that sort of comment in real life, face-to-face with the recently bereaved? Just wondered if you're a pr*ck in real life or just online.
Totally agree, so easy to say crap like that on a forum. All over the weekend Mohicankid was manning a stall for 2 days straight to raise money for a cancer charity. Didnt see him much like previous shows as he was doing that non stop and raising a lot of money, I was wandering about chatting to people, he was doing that stand non stop. Hats off to him. Your dad would be proud fella.