JackAss....WTF?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Sepp Salerno

JackAss....WTF?

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Jack ass has never been my cup of tea, but it had it’s time, and people used to seem to like it. As with anything that one dimensional though, even the people who like it, get enough and eventually get bored of the joke, or just grow out of it – natural really.

So can someone explain to me why the f**k there is A) a new Jack Ass film and B) Why is it in 3d? Like, why?

Who would put up the money to make this? Not to sound like a fool or anything, but Jack Ass isn’t particularly ‘Now’ is it? It’s not really all that current. I remember people liking it, and watching it when I lived in london about 8 years ago, but since then I've not even heard anyone mention it.
Have I just been asleep or something?

Does anyone know why this has happened?
Is it the result of an online petition?
Facebook campaign?

I can’t wait to see ‘The Bay City Rollers Live - 3D Extravaganza’ when it hits national cinemas later this month! Those guys are soooooo now.

Jeremiah Jones

Re: JackAss....WTF?

Post by Jeremiah Jones » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:23 am

It had a few funny parts, but wasn't as good as the second movie. Hard to tell why it's 3D. The Jackass guys claim they're doing 3D better than anyone before, but it still came off gimmicky.

ChipTune

Post by ChipTune » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:25 am

My mate invited me to go watch this yesterday .. It costs £11 .. ELEVEN POUNDS!!!! WTF?

I wouldnt pay £11 to see Avatar let alone these stupid c*nts self-harming and giggling like the retards they are

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:03 am

Yeah I got bored of that stuff pretty quick (like after ten minutes) but in 3D? :shock: Each to their own I guess.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:44 am

I like watching the films, the first Jackass film was pretty good. You get some totally stupid stunts and then some quite good ones. But its one of those films you'll only ever watch once and wont buy it on dvd. Seen it all before now (Prefer Dirty Sanchez as they were more OTT) but i'll wait for it to come on dvd and rent it

Elgin_McQueen

Post by Elgin_McQueen » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 am

Cause they're cheap to make, and will make a huge profit, even in 3D.
TMR wrote: And you wonder why you're being labelled as elitist... you couldn't be any more elite if you were a wireframe.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm

The Dudeson's get my vote over this bunch. They border on the clinically insane.....funny though :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I found this funny, when I was at school. :|

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Elgin_McQueen wrote:Cause they're cheap to make, and will make a huge profit, even in 3D.
Do you know what, that's totally it. DV Camera, a bunch of d*cks hurting themselves, and a retro fit 3D job. Even if six people go and watch it, there's a profit.

Still though, Jackass isnt very current. It's not like there were people crying out for this to be made. Maybe there was.

Hot off the press, and in the 'now' by popular demand - Bo'Selector 3D coming soon y'all!

felgekarp

Post by felgekarp » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm not fussed about seeing it in 3d but I'll see it at some point, I like the Jackass stuff, have a few of the dvds and the first 2 movies.
Splink!

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Was it the second one that had the fart helmet? That had me in tears.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Its a damn sight more entertaining than the endless stream of rom com films.....

Or even vampire films.....

I wouldnt pay to watch it, but I do enjoy watching the show late night on whichever channel they are on.....

The films were quite good I thought, but if we had a league table of quality films, they wouldnt necessarily hit the top half of the table would they....

BennyTheGreek

Post by BennyTheGreek » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Its a damn sight more entertaining than the endless stream of rom com films.....

Or even vampire films.....

I wouldnt pay to watch it, but I do enjoy watching the show late night on whichever channel they are on.....

The films were quite good I thought, but if we had a league table of quality films, they wouldnt necessarily hit the top half of the table would they....

rtrgrl78

Post by rtrgrl78 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 pm

I went on Friday, really enjoyed it though some cringe worthy moments. I think you really had to be a fan to get it, have been really interested in the cast and the whole Jackass creation since it left the T.V. I even own the Jackass game for the PS 2 - shame on me I know. Love and fancy Johnny Knoxville he's a bit of a ropey actor but was brilliant in 'The Ringer' and 'Walking Tall'. But, I like some of the guys who are really funny; Dave England is really funny in this film and Preston Lacey too. I think you could say am definitley a fan.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Some of the simplest ideas were the funniest. Eg when they were in a hotel corridor, had a sign up on the wall in small writing, they told them it was written by some fans who wanted to meet them, so Steve-O would have a look and look at it closely as it was so small, then of course behind the wall came a huge great boxing glove which smacks him in the face.

Also liked the one where Johnny Knoxville is dressed up as an old man with shorts on with a testicle hanging out (Its one of those you have to see it), very amusing.