What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am

When people dont do their job right
Interview today, in order to have access to the place I needed to fill in a health questionnaire.
They are supposed to send it on the day,
Wait till its just before time to head out, still not here
head out anyway
"We sent it to you this morning"
Check email account, nope
Sod it head home.
Phone call asking why I didnt show up for the interview
After a few minutes they recheck, turns out they sent it to the wrong email
Rebooked for tomorrow
This is two days that ive had to put other things aside thanks to some numpty that dont check things.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Well today was very "Urgh"
Yesterday, get a phonecall from a place that I applied for (Decent pay, local) to get me in for an interview.
They where doing them today (Wednesday), very short notice, said I couldn't make it, but im free any other day
Unfortunately today was the ONLY DAY this week I had to stay at home as someone was coming to fix my washing machine (its loud), they gave a vague time of "From 9am till 7pm" when I booked it two weeks ago after finind out I still have the extended warranty
Queue me waiting in, get a text about 2 saying he's due about 3-5, if id of had this info a day before I could of worked round it.
Email this morning "Unfortunately, after careful consideration we have decided not to take your application any further."

Bloke turns up to fix the machine, about 4, is only in the flat for about five minutes "I cant fix this, they will be in touch about what happens next"

Also my events calendar for the year is now empty, more have been cancelled.

Urgh

Im also wondering if its worth me bothering to look for work right now as if we go into another lockdown just as I start a new job I might end up out of work again
3 different jobs in a year? My Cv is gonna be a mess

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:28 pm

I've still yet to figure mine out, pre injury I had up to 4 running at the same time and now I'm pushing a 2 year gap so my CV will look amazing when something finally gets fixed.

The washing machine story I know well too and the cause of it, basically despite appearences machines may have one name on them but can have any assortment of bits in them depending on where they were made, Candy/Hoover are brilliant for this which is why it's rarely an in and out fix, normally it's look at it and order a part because they cant do so in advance.
Got so bad with us we stopped getting breakdown cover on them and just replace or repair them ourselves, the Cheap and Cheerful Bekos acctually have lasted longer than more upmarket branded ones, second only to a Candy my Parents got in 86 and mustve been about 15 when it was scrapped as stopped making parts.
Watching you sleep since 1990

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:17 am

The only on going thing on mine is "Freelance events crew", over ten years of it.
Other things in the meantime.

Message from them "We have to order the parts in"
Mines a cheap-o one (Proline?), only things ive replaced in the few years ive had it are the plastic runners on the inside

Arnie

Post by Arnie » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:11 am

Modern day paint. You do all the prep work to get a nice clean surface and the stuff still doesn't go on without streaks. If you had the time and money you could do a googleplex of coats and it still wouldn't look right. And once its dry you can knock it off with a mere breath.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:35 am

Facebooks new layout.
So much emptyness and so much wasted space