When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 am

dste wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 am
Reaction videos.

I would generally like to know what other people here think of them as I cannot stand them. The O/H for some reason put one on after the Doctor reveal and it was a lad/man from England being completely over the top. Dramatic gasps, swearing and silences, open mouthed and the like. The bit that made me really want to beat him was when he sat there going 'I need a minute, just give me a minute'.

Urgh.
Reaction videos are way over done, you can thank "The fine brothers" for making them into what they currently are,

then you see a Youtuber get annoyed and makes a rant video when the company making the trailer flags the reaction video for using there content claiming "ITS FAIR USE"
Its a shame Youtube dont have a word filter as im sick of them being in the "Suggested videos" feed
Its gone a long way since two girls one cup

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 am

A genuine reaction video, perhaps of someone filming their child when they receive an unexpected and amazing gift, can be a sweet/funny thing.

The ones you talk of, where adults have set themselves up for it, for a known 'event', are worthless trash like the people who make them. Screaming for attention, these people are just so 'me, me, me', it's somewhat disheartening that they think it's worth the effort. One of the worst bits of our current 'celebrity' culture.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Not had a holiday abroad for nigh on 8 or 9 years.

Last time i booked a holiday to gran canaria it was like 500 or 600 for both of us. Now its closer to 1000....okay i thought thats fine, hotel like 600 AI and flights 400.

Confirmation comes through. Hotel blah blah blah, airline is a budget airline...

half hour later an email from ryanair thanking us for the booking etc. Now little did I know that you now HAVE to do so much yourself before even getting to the airport including checking in cases etc.

We start the process through an app we have to download then realise the cheap flights we thought we paid for dont include luggage costs, so thats 40 quid going out and 60quid coming back - for EACH PERSON - luckily all our things are in one case but i feel sorry for those that pack heavy.

Then we have to pay if we want to sit together, it says "seats from" cheapest are £9, or take a risk on sitting apart. Charged each way so thats an extra 40 quid..plus no guarantee we will be the lucky 90 that takes hand luggage onboard.

Hotel transfers pay for both ways or one way, choose express to stop at a maximum of 4 other hotels before yours for 5£ extra

This is basically DLC for holidays isnt it.

Other half gets so annoyed at constant extra spending that he strops and rings to cancel it. Small print says, cancelling after forms sent via email and confirmation phonecall and we will get charged Half the price of the holiday to cancel...swallow it up and learn next time...

I struggled to understand what i had or hadnt paid for so any older generations must be slaughtered somewhere along the line especially things like printing things off from the app or checking in before you go to the airport and printing off boarding passes.

dste

Post by dste » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:50 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 pm
Not had a holiday abroad for nigh on 8 or 9 years.
And you are completely screwed out of your money if you have spelt your name wrong.

My slight annoyance at the moment is this:

Facebook selling groups.
10+ pages of games to look through.
All for sale, ask for prices.

NO.

If you are saying that then you quite blatantly know how much you want to sell stuff for so just list the prices you lazy bint. Fair enough if they said something like ask for prices as will do deals but when it's just ask for prices then no, I'll just scroll past and buy from someone else.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:01 pm

^Theres more annoying than that, people that do "Auction" posts with a minimum amount.
Then expect the winner to pay paypal fees

Those that want Ebay prices for stuff

Those pages that have a "Wait till moderator approval" or basically the mods get first dibs

Bargains are rare and its usually those that are on 24/7 that get them.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:33 pm

Getting crazy car repair quotes
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:24 am

DPrinny wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:01 pm
Those pages that have a "Wait till moderator approval" or basically the mods get first dibs
I find that annoying too on message boards, though it's a pretty good anti-spam measure, but can be a bit infuriating when whatever you have to say is important.
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
My Blog

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:31 am

Seeing my cousin post some sob story on Facebook about a friend of hers who can't afford to take his dog to the vets so he thinks it will die.

Only in the photo the guy is wearing brand new Nike trainers, designer jeans and t-shirt and is smoking a cigarette. No sympathy from me I'm afraid, we can see where your priorities lie.

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:41 am

The Laird wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:31 am
Seeing my cousin post some sob story on Facebook about a friend of hers who can't afford to take his dog to the vets so he thinks it will die.

Only in the photo the guy is wearing brand new Nike trainers, designer jeans and t-shirt and is smoking a cigarette. No sympathy from me I'm afraid, we can see where your priorities lie.
These kinds of things make me want to give the person a good kick up the rear. -.-
My Blog

dste

Post by dste » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:34 am

The Laird wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:31 am
Just unfollow them then you won't have to see any of that stuff.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:53 am

Having to pay extra at the post office to renew my driving licence because my passport is out of date !
Rocky

Image Image

dste

Post by dste » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:48 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:53 am
Having to pay extra at the post office to renew my driving licence because my passport is out of date !
Did mine recently. £21.50 at the Post Office, £14 online at the DVLA. :roll:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:42 am

Insulting offers at car boot sales. Haggle fine but do not insult me. I had a PS3 for sale this morning 10+ games 2 controllers all working great. I was asking £60 looking for £40. The two offers I had £16 then a £5. WTF £5, the guy was not happy I told him where to go
Rocky

Image Image

miqrojamie

Post by miqrojamie » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 am

That's just ridiculous. Though I think the problem is that people are skeptical at boot fairs because sometimes things don't work and people keep quiet about it, but that's no excuse in this case.

That said I like boot fairs sometimes you can pick up a few good PSone games on the cheap.
My Blog

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:41 am

He was the kind of guy that kept asking the price ! hoping I would drop it down also
Rocky

Image Image