What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

dste

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by dste » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 am

Hotmail.

Don't know if anyone else has it done to their account but this Focused/Other seperate inboxes are damn annoying. Why the hell would anyone want two inboxes? One is bad enough.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

ianpmarks

Post by ianpmarks » Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 am

dste wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 am
Hotmail.

Don't know if anyone else has it done to their account but this Focused/Other seperate inboxes are damn annoying. Why the hell would anyone want two inboxes? One is bad enough.
Agree 100%. Hated it. You can turn it off in settings... which I'm sure most sane people will do.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:25 am

Not to mention that it made it lag like an absolute pig in Firefox.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO CLICK THE DELETE CONFIRMATION SEVEN TIMES!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am

ianpmarks wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 8:05 am
dste wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 am
Hotmail.

Agree 100%. Hated it. You can turn it off in settings... which I'm sure most sane people will do.
I haven't done that yet as I haven't logged in for a while (my hotmail is usually full of spam and ebay notifications anyway). Agree that it's annoying though - very bad idea.

Worse is the fact that selecting loads of emails then marking them as "read" now unchecks them all...so I have to check them all AGAIN to delete them if I don't want my deleted box showing 100's of unread emails. It didn't used to do this and gave them a bit of a blasting for it in the comments section of a survey email related to the new 'focused' inbox...not that they will even read it, mind.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Another vote for the Hotmail inbox split. Navigating the hotmail account is tedious enough as it is with the amount of junk and spam that appears on a daily basis, but now with this 'focus' option.......it's become incredibly annoying. I'm now off to look at the settings........ :oops:

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:54 pm

I am with everyone with the Hotmail thing, its not helping just show me all my emails
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

dste

Post by dste » Tue May 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Now changed the settings to go back to one inbox.

I mean honestly, who thought it would be a great idea to implement.
Megamixer wrote:
Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am
Worse is the fact that selecting loads of emails then marking them as "read" now unchecks them all...
Unless I'm missing it there is something similar when wanting to delete emails by name and you cannot just tick the whole lot. Like if I want to delete all emails from Retro Gamer I can only select say the first fifteen of twenty and not the whole lot.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 17, 2017 7:33 am

My phone all of a sudden deciding it wants to reset to factory settings
Also not being able to set up a phone without internet
Having to re-add all my music

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 am

My big Android tablet deciding it wants to randomly reboot every few minutes, then not restarting most times. Tried a factory reset, it still does it. Left it this morning in an eternal boot attempt.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 17, 2017 9:02 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 8:46 am
My big Android tablet deciding it wants to randomly reboot every few minutes, then not restarting most times. Tried a factory reset, it still does it. Left it this morning in an eternal boot attempt.
If its a few months old it might be making you want to buy a new one
Happend with my Windows one, just started to run really slow and crash a lot till it crashed at a wall

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:02 am

Its a few years old now, but since all its used for are browsing filth and watching movies, it was more than adequate. Oh well, Mrs Ant doesn't much like the one she bought a couple of weeks ago, so I guess I'll buy that off her so she can look at a new iPad.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 pm

My phone has a problem where it will decide to completely wipe the contents of the MicroSD card every time the battery dies. This is an improvement however on its status before I updated the OS, where it would enter an endless cycle of trying to reboot but not doing so until I had removed both the battery and the card, then only putting the battery back in.

This wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it's one of those phones that runs an entirely stock version of Android, therefore allowing the installation of apps directly onto external memory. The Google Play store must be wondering why this idiot is having to re-download 30-odd gigs of apps every fortnight.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed May 17, 2017 1:11 pm

That Hotmail business sounds terrible, thankful it seems that doesn't bleed through to iPhone, can't remember last time I logged into my hotmail on a PC.

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed May 17, 2017 2:18 pm

The Hotmail thing is a pain in the hoop.

Sure you can change the settings, but why make such an obviously crappy setting the default.

Even more annoying is when you do a B followed by a ) in Word now it defaults to a fukkin smiley face with sunglasses. Something I have NEVER and WILL NEVER EVER need in work, unlike a B followed by a ) which i need many many times in work due to typing people's National Insurance number.

Sure you can change the settings, but why make such an obviously crappy setting the default.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Wed May 17, 2017 4:48 pm

9 times out of 10 it feels like when MS are trying to be helpful they're actually being incredibly irritating!