Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by rocky1980 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm

What grinds my gears, my 'trade in' experance in CEX today :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue May 09, 2017 12:19 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 6:51 pm
What grinds my gears, my 'trade in' experance in CEX today :(
Ironically, I've just been in there today. What was your problem with CEX? Was it that you didn't get the amount of money that you were expecting from the trade-in?

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Good ole facebook ! Please bring back the funny videos or stupid pictures of peoples plates at a restaurant. I think i actually miss those as it just seems to be people liking (mostly Labour) political stuff at the mo. I wont change my mind by you liking 5 labour pictures a day !

If you want to make a change hand out leaflets or join rallies. Liking 50 political pictures/posts a day wont change peoples views !

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

New boss in work
"You guys are now on shorter breaks"
"You will just have to cope with staff shortages" (only a third of staff are in work)

Staff moral is low as theres no incentive to cover other peoples work and no "Thanks for doing that" for doing so just "Why have you stopped"

Also
People that try to make a event all about them and there ego and throw wobblers when things on there end go tits up, then go on Facebook afterwards to call the event "Rubbish" and censored off everybody else
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 pm

psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 1:00 pm
Good ole facebook ! Please bring back the funny videos or stupid pictures of peoples plates at a restaurant. I think i actually miss those as it just seems to be people liking (mostly Labour) political stuff at the mo. I wont change my mind by you liking 5 labour pictures a day !

If you want to make a change hand out leaflets or join rallies. Liking 50 political pictures/posts a day wont change peoples views !
yep, this.

Also my parents are being cringeworthy as hell on facebook, I have done everything short of block them and still they think its funny to make remarks about how we should be having kids, in front of as large an audience as possible.

its not funny, they just look like idiots and make me look the same.

markopoloman

Post by markopoloman » Tue May 09, 2017 10:15 pm

flatapex wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 pm
psj3809 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 1:00 pm

yep, this.

Also my parents are being cringeworthy as hell on facebook, I have done everything short of block them and still they think its funny to make remarks about how we should be having kids, in front of as large an audience as possible.

You should have kids. (just kidding)...

I fully agree about the amount of crappy annoying vote Labour rubbish all over facebook and plonkers liking post after post. What it does do is show who is a Labour supporter on my FB friends list! Some of them are blatantly obvious - others are like WTF! :lol:
OFF TOPIC DISCUSSIONS - http://retrocanteen.boards.net/

dste

Post by dste » Tue May 09, 2017 10:28 pm

flatapex wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 9:17 pm

If you have not already just stick them on unfollow, that's what I do with people when I don't really want to see stuf from them. Saves all the hassle of unfriending them and once a month I just like a couple of posts.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed May 10, 2017 5:02 am

Scummy work colleagues. Those that are so jealous of others success. I was promoted a couple of years back yet there is always that one person that thinks they deserve it or just want a title to be important.

Well this one person whose brother is a little but more successful than him in life decided to apply for a role he has zero experience in. Then because the odds of him getting the role were zero, decides to put in a grievance that im intolerable to work with. Long story short is i get zero chance to defend my name, they are moving him to the role he applied for to keep the peace wherby he will take the same perks and wages i do with zero experience.
I worked hard for my role, he is just some clown that has just come off 16weeks sick with anxiety ffs, and garnered a title he hasnt earnt. I hope the guys he will be working with see through him and treat him the way he deserves.

I just hope karma is around the corner and it bites him right in the asss.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 am

sorry tried to find edit at short notice and couldnt, linking it to facebook, he also updated his job role to team leader. why do people do this? Look school mates, i achieved something, by stepping on someone else.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:13 pm

i achieved something, by stepping on someone else.
I that not the way we are all supposed to act now :!: Screw over everyone else just to claim up the geeky pole a little further :!:
Rocky

Image Image

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Ebay it it really hard to understand the following
Any questions please ask before bidding
Rocky

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Speaking of

All the bootleg Dreamcast games on Ebay

Trying to get some more for events as what I have is limited and using copies dont look to professional
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 pm

Crap like this, they make almost 100 million nuisance calls and only get fined 400k what a joke.
Rocky

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu May 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Having a kickball game start at the local stadium at 12:30, usely its not till gone 3
They do realise this will make it annoying for people in the area to do Saturday morning things with all them drunken lowts wandering on the roads?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 11, 2017 10:04 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2017 5:13 pm
i achieved something, by stepping on someone else.
I that not the way we are all supposed to act now :!:
Unfortunately...

The harder you work and the better job you do of something, the more you will just get taken the p*ss out of and used/abused. It's more often the utter c***s, corrupt types and those willing to throw other people under a bus that will get places. Most higher-ups I have had to work for show these types of traits and all the lazy f***s who do the bare minimum at work are the ones who get away with murder while those doing the job properly are immediately pulled up as soon as they open their mouth to speak to a colleague or look like they aren't carrying everybody else as per usual.

A little bit of a bitter rant there. I do apologise...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.