What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:49 am

psj3809 wrote:
stvd wrote:The London marathon being on tv.
Really ? I don't watch it but the race gets loads of money for charity. Plus it's on TV only once a year. Sunday morning TV isn't exactly ruined
Sunday morning TV is s**te anyway
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:42 am

dste wrote:Children's toy packaging.

Christ. Daughter received an Elsa doll and a Barbie doll over the weekend and there were a massive pain in the arse to get out of the boxes. First of all I had to hack through the plastic with scissors and then there were eight of those blooming plastic tie things to cut. Wouldn't have been so bad if they were not so tight that you struggle to get the scissors through and two of them were in their heads so I had to avoid cutting their hair off.

Grrrrr.
Helps to stop a huge amount of people trying to return toys when little Johnny decides he does not want his toy anymore. Once that thing is open there is no trying to disguise it's unused.

dste

Post by dste » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

silvergunner wrote:Helps to stop a huge amount of people trying to return toys when little Johnny decides he does not want his toy anymore. Once that thing is open there is no trying to disguise it's unused.
I suppose. I didn't think about that through all the rage. :D

To be fair though they could get away with two or three tags, one round the neck, one round the waist and maybe one round the legs. That sentence now sounds a bit odd after typing it... :shock: :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:10 am

dste wrote:
silvergunner wrote:Helps to stop a huge amount of people trying to return toys when little Johnny decides he does not want his toy anymore. Once that thing is open there is no trying to disguise it's unused.
I suppose. I didn't think about that through all the rage. :D

To be fair though they could get away with two or three tags, one round the neck, one round the waist and maybe one round the legs. That sentence now sounds a bit odd after typing it... :shock: :lol:

Images of someone tied up did enter my mind :lol:

Do agree though they could get away with less tags etc... Christmas was a nightmare with all the toys my son got. Spent most of the sodding day cutting everything out.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 am

dste wrote:To be fair though they could get away with two or three tags, one round the neck, one round the waist and maybe one round the legs. That sentence now sounds a bit odd after typing it... :shock: :lol:
Fifty Shades of Frozen?

:shock:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:56 pm

The amount of vegan propaganda s**te thats appeared round Manchester

I have no problems with vegans, people can eat what they want, but when they are shoving there beliefs upon others its no worse than Isis or Nazis
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:01 pm

DPrinny wrote:The amount of vegan propaganda s**te thats appeared round Manchester

I have no problems with vegans, people can eat what they want, but when they are shoving there beliefs upon others its no worse than Isis or Nazis
Yep, the grafitti all over the pavements on market street, which they are doing while people are walking on those same pavements is insane.

The bus adverts are really annoying too, people should do something that big because they truly believe it deep down, not because someone pays the bus company a few quid, or some hippy vandalises the city centre

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Have you tried vegan food?
I mean the stuff that is made just for them?

Its bloody expensive and not very filling, even I cant have JUST a salad, it has to have meat with it
Ive worked with one quite often and he preaches the benefits of it all, yet hes always snacking on nibbles

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Wait in for new sofa
2 hours later call the delivery bloke up
"Sorry there has been a mix up and we can only deliver tomorrow morning"
So the start of my first week off in years off thats not involving work or illness and im having to stay in

My life would be so much easier if I didn't have to deal with other peoples c**k ups

The only good type of them is something that people on here would not want me to talk about

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 pm

Pulling a 20 hour shift to get a job moved on, getting less than 4 hours sleep, then waiting ALL DAY to get confirmation of the details for my flight home. I could have caught a couple more hours sleep if I'd known I had to wait until evening.

To top it all, when I did get the info, I had a whole 45 minutes to get ready to go. And they booked my taxi for teatime, so I had 5 minutes to eat.

I really hope this is recognised when the pay increase blocks stop.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Having a day of nothing where I had to do things and was bloody ill

Boilers being a d**k and giving out no hot water, housing says "Its not an emergency""We can book someone to look at it middle of the month"
Backup Harddrive quitting for no reason
Flipping out in the Cheap MDF rubbish and throwing a few plates
Genrailiy being fed up with everything

The moods back..........

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Tue May 02, 2017 2:47 pm

Chavs. I know I've mentioned this before - but it seems like every town centre in the UK has them. I think in Scotland they're called "Neddies". Anyway, went down to Walthamstow CEX, and there's about four of them(in their usual uniform of the tracksuit bottoms barely covering their backsides, wife beater vests and baseball caps) shouting and swearing at the staff in there(I think they'd been asked to leave). Guess what? One of the had a can of lager in his hands.

I think we need someone like Deadpool to appear and crack jokes and swear at them, before getting out his swords and impaling them with them.

I think some sort of mass cull of these low life scum could help the UK out a lot.

I thought it looked Darwin's waiting room outside the CEX. I think he maybe have been wrong on the theory of evolution - or it could be some sort of sub species of human - homo chavius?

What do you guys think?

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:07 pm

Katzkatz wrote:Chavs.

I think some sort of mass cull of these low life scum could help the UK out a lot.
So NOW you want to do that, after they voted Brexit on mass in the EU referendum! :P
DPrinny wrote:The amount of vegan propaganda s**te thats appeared round Manchester

Errr...i'm pretty confident its no worse that ISIS or the Nazis either! :lol:

pratty

Post by pratty » Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Sephiroth81 wrote:
Katzkatz wrote:Chavs.

So NOW you want to do that, after they voted Brexit on mass in the EU referendum! :P
As if chavs vote. :lol:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Sephiroth81

Post by Sephiroth81 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm

pratty wrote:
As if chavs vote. :lol:
Probably not typically, but the thought of tossing out the "foreigners" may have inspired them this time round! :P