What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
Treguard
Posts: 2392
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:13 am

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Treguard » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:47 am

Buying a new graphics card only to discover there are no Windows 10 64 bit drivers available for it and my system has no idea what to do with it.

User avatar
Sega2006
Posts: 6322
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Stevenage

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Sega2006 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm

EBay watchers, hate the will they won't they feeling from it.
Watching you sleep since 1990

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 am

The Metro news papers tech section
Written by idiots for idiots

Also
Image

I seriously doubt he had that Mega Drive growing up and that he played THAT Alex Kidd on it

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by stayAwhile » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:15 am

DPrinny wrote:The Metro news papers tech section
Written by idiots for idiots

Also
Image

I seriously doubt he had that Mega Drive growing up and that he played THAT Alex Kidd on it
Next week he talks about halo 3 on the ps2
This guy are sick

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by stvd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:49 pm

Folk describing Rogue One as "more of a war film than a Star Wars film".
Image

User avatar
stvd
Posts: 5137
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by stvd » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:50 pm

DPrinny wrote:I seriously doubt he had that Mega Drive growing up and that he played THAT Alex Kidd on it
Who is it?
Image

stayAwhile
Posts: 1880
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by stayAwhile » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 am

stvd wrote:Folk describing Rogue One as "more of a war film than a Star Wars film".
my reply would yeah it's a star wars spin off film
This guy are sick

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 25007
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:18 am

stayAwhile wrote:
stvd wrote:Folk describing Rogue One as "more of a war film than a Star Wars film".
my reply would yeah it's a star wars spin off film
B-But muh space samurai battling with lazer swords

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by silvergunner » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Wife lost £90 today.

Was in Asda and she dropped an envelope with £100 in it. She noticed pretty quick and went to the till to see if she was lucky and someone nice had handed it in. They asked what was on the envelope and confirmed it had been after being told Merry Christmas Karen was on the front.

Joy soon turned to sadness when she found out the scum bag had took £90 and left £10 in it :evil:

She feels worse for the fact they left a bit and not took it all :( feels like even more of a kick in the teeth for her.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by dste » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 am

That is really crap, why even bother handing in the envelope? May as well just take all of it and be done with it. A**hole.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
thingonaspring
Posts: 1890
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am

maybe the person handing it in didn't take any of it...

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by dste » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:33 am

True. I apologise for making the assumption without all of the facts. :)
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 15004
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:55 am

silvergunner wrote:Wife lost £90 today.

Was in Asda and she dropped an envelope with £100 in it. She noticed pretty quick and went to the till to see if she was lucky and someone nice had handed it in. They asked what was on the envelope and confirmed it had been after being told Merry Christmas Karen was on the front.

Joy soon turned to sadness when she found out the scum bag had took £90 and left £10 in it :evil:

She feels worse for the fact they left a bit and not took it all :( feels like even more of a kick in the teeth for her.
Sounds to me like whoever accepted it stole £90 then left £10 in there to make it look like that was all that had been in there i.e. so nobody aimed any suspicion their way...or something like that.

Whoever took it was scum though. Nobody has any class about them anymore.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by silvergunner » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm

Yep very sad state of affairs :(

It's over and done with now and nothing sadly can be done. Her parents even put jokingly on the envelope "from Santa" so it was clearly a present. Scumbags are scumbags though and don't care.

User avatar
dste
Posts: 7099
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by dste » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm

My headphones breaking.

Normally if stuff like that breaks I tend to shrug my shoulders and buy another but I've had these for a while now and they are damn near perfect headphones for me. Sit comfortably in the ear, good sound and a good length.

Grrrrrr.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests