DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:16 am

The introvert side of my brain
I wanted to go Arcade club, but it says "Id soon get bored"

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:52 am

Reaching the point of worry that makes me wonder if I have issues with people in general. I worry about finding work and having to deal with them. I also worry about not finding work . I'm worn out from overthinking and worrying about everything , but scared that I might not be well.

It's grinding my gears that I hit 40 and suddenly feel quite lonely , despite a loving partner and family around me. Worried I'm too picky with how I let people treat me and whether my standards or expectations are too high and I should just let my hair and guard down a bit.

I know this isn't the place but had to say it somewhere , just to get it off my chest.
Probably just feeling sorry for myself.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:55 am

shiftytigger wrote:Reaching the point of worry that makes me wonder if I have issues with people in general. I worry about finding work and having to deal with them. I also worry about not finding work . I'm worn out from overthinking and worrying about everything , but scared that I might not be well.

It's grinding my gears that I hit 40 and suddenly feel quite lonely , despite a loving partner and family around me. Worried I'm too picky with how I let people treat me and whether my standards or expectations are too high and I should just let my hair and guard down a bit.

I know this isn't the place but had to say it somewhere , just to get it off my chest.
Well it's Off Topic so I should think you can say what you like, mate. Bollox to anybody who suggests otherwise!

I certainly understand where you are coming from. My own head has been completely messed up for the majority of 2016.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:18 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Reaching the point of worry that makes me wonder if I have issues with people in general. I worry about finding work and having to deal with them. I also worry about not finding work . I'm worn out from overthinking and worrying about everything , but scared that I might not be well.

I kinda of get how you feel.

I have a wife and child but not a huge circle of friends. I don't suffer fools and would rather not waste my time hanging out with people I don't really get on with.

Life is short as it is without wasting it away. If you have a health active lifestyle with plenty going on then great. If you sit in a chair all day doing nothing then certainly something needs to change. Not knowing you personally and only going by what you post I would say you are not of the later suggestion.

I certainly miss the freedom I had as a single guy from time to time as i did not have to plan a thing, I just went and did it. Also spare cash (what is that?) was readily available before family life, leaving me less stress about finances. But that's just a part of life for most people I would say and the real major gripe I have which I was I was lucky enough to not have.

Especially as the wife now wants a second child.

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:20 pm

I had a great job and enjoyed cycling frequently until I had a bad accident which impacted my confidence and when I returned to work I found out my contract wasn't to be extended and my job had been changed , wage dropped by a substantial amount and I would have to apply against one of my colleagues who was a shoe in for the 'new' job as it was based around her position not mine.

I'm angry at losing my job but it was only fixed term and it made me realise how full of crap the bosses really were. Sadly jobs like that don't come round very often and I've finally had to sign on after trying to remain self sufficient for last 2 months.

It was while filling out the application for JSA that I started to realise I'm not ready for a people facing job , my injury is nowhere near healed which limits my movement which could limit my availability for work.
Then I got to realising I've painted myself into a corner of my own doing.

I'm getting stir crazy at home which I'm sure my other half Would agree and I can't take my time out on the bike as I'm also scared of falling off on a slippery surface .

I think I'm worried that all of a sudden I feel vulnerable because I let myself become vulnerable.

Sorry to derail the whole thing like this , I don't normally speak so publicly about stuff like this. Don't mean to look so attention seeking , it's not my intention.

The Beans

Post by The Beans » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:20 pm

It's "shoo-in" not "shoe in". The phrase has sod all to do with shoes.

God, stuff like this annoys me but not as much as my mum does when she insists on referring to Bon Jovi as "Jon Bovi" and not as much as people who pronounce the word depot as "deep-oh".
If it's slower than me, dumber than me and it tastes good ... tough titty.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:46 pm

DPrinny wrote:The introvert side of my brain
i'll come and meet up with you if you want?

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:48 pm

^ It's 'addicting' for me. No, you mean addictive.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Sel Feena wrote:^ It's 'addicting' for me. No, you mean addictive.

Don't even get me started.

Just when did people start saying something is addicting, instead of addictive. it sounds wrong, and it sound so stupid.

Oh nad idiots who sat " into bolivian " its Oblivion, as in smashed in to oblivion. I blame it on Mike tyson when he once said " fade into bolivian. Now fare enough some people may be using it ironically vut I get the impression that a lot of people think its actually the correct phrase,
Last edited by RodimusPrime on Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:29 pm

RodimusPrime wrote:
Just when did people start saying something is addicting, instead of addictive. it sounds wrong, and it sound so stupid.
But technically, it is a correct usage. I looked it up as it annoys me too.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:
RodimusPrime wrote:
But technically, it is a correct usage. I looked it up as it annoys me too.
I know its technically correct, but it sounds wrong and I just don;t know why, how, why or when it took over from using the word addictivr.

RodimusPrime

Post by RodimusPrime » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:35 pm

Oh and people who say " oh, you train UFC "

No I censored do not, I train in MMA. UFC is an organisation.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:53 am

flatapex wrote:
DPrinny wrote:The introvert side of my brain
i'll come and meet up with you if you want?
Nar its weird for me to go to a place with games and not be involved in some way

shiftytigger

Post by shiftytigger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Memes with the phrase '....be like' .

That and watching people in interview or on TV in general who use the word like in between almost every other word.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:29 pm

shiftytigger wrote:Memes with the phrase '....be like' .

That and watching people in interview or on TV in general who use the word like in between almost every other word.
Be like honey