What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 am

Only traps that work are the glue ones, and it seems a very crewel way to go, they may be vermin but I cant seem to bring my self to kill them.

Been hoping that the parrot might start to hunt them, she likes eating meat
Check with your local Cats Protection League for a rehomed one first.
I was going to do that, but id need a young one so I can get it used to the parrot
psj3809 wrote:Worth getting pet insurance, used to be quite high but now some of the supermarkets are doing it its much cheaper.

Regardless of what happens to my dog i wouldnt do a 'one way trip' to the vets if a major accident happened !
Been looking at getting it for the parrot

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Impatient drivers. When you're driving down a 20mph road and taking high speed bumps carefully, do you really need some ass in a van almost touching your back bumper while they zig zag side-to-side before flooring it around the outside, flying over speed bumps? FFS, learn how not to be a d**k - please :roll:
This by the Leisure centre its 20 MPH with speed bumps.. You always get some little hunchback in a modded car with a cap balanced on there head or some white van driving Chav going full speed over these about 50 - 60 mph and you can see the cars sparking followed by the bang.. Some of them do pull over as it looks like there suspension had it..
Tell me about it. When I had that lunatic behind me, it was like being in a touring cars race with people behind weaving about and trying to get past!
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 am

Latest Morrisons advert. So here we have Ant and Dec going on about every little bit of savings helps etc. So we have multi millionaires telling me to save a quid here or there with our shopping at Morrisons ? Why dont these ad makers use 'normal' people to tell us about savings rather than multi millionaires who probably never go into these supermarkets in person or bother buying 'Morrisons own' brand to save money. Ridiculous.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 am

The way ANYTHING is up for stealing now. Last year we had the Victorian paving slabs from the entry at the back of the shop stolen, this week someone stole our MOP BUCKET, presumably for scrap. An old rusty mop bucket, someone just walked in, looked at it, then walked out with it.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:10 am

Yep its crazy. Where we used to live, the local church had all their old paving slabs dug up one evening and taken away. I remember hearing about a road in Liverpool where they dug up and nicked the cobbles ?!?

Like you say stealing a mop bucket ! Just ridiculous now

Lost Dragon

Post by Lost Dragon » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 am

psj3809 wrote:Yep its crazy. Where we used to live, the local church had all their old paving slabs dug up one evening and taken away. I remember hearing about a road in Liverpool where they dug up and nicked the cobbles ?!?

People at work are stealing the padlocks from the 'Lock Out And Tag' boards (lock off machinery that's unsafe/being repaired) to take home and put on thier sheds etc to stop other people stealing their goods....yeah, certain twisted logic there for starters.

Be a theif to stop being a victim of a theif...

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:37 am

psj3809 wrote:Latest Morrisons advert. So here we have Ant and Dec going on about every little bit of savings helps etc. So we have multi millionaires telling me to save a quid here or there with our shopping at Morrisons ? Why dont these ad makers use 'normal' people to tell us about savings rather than multi millionaires who probably never go into these supermarkets in person or bother buying 'Morrisons own' brand to save money. Ridiculous.
To save money don't shop at morrisons as it's sodding expensive. Even morrisons have had to admit they are losing money hand over fist and need to cut prices lol

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:48 am

silvergunner wrote:
psj3809 wrote:Latest Morrisons advert. So here we have Ant and Dec going on about every little bit of savings helps etc. So we have multi millionaires telling me to save a quid here or there with our shopping at Morrisons ? Why dont these ad makers use 'normal' people to tell us about savings rather than multi millionaires who probably never go into these supermarkets in person or bother buying 'Morrisons own' brand to save money. Ridiculous.
To save money don't shop at morrisons as it's sodding expensive. Even morrisons have had to admit they are losing money hand over fist and need to cut prices lol
Not as expensive as Tesco

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:13 am

psj3809 wrote:Yep its crazy. Where we used to live, the local church had all their old paving slabs dug up one evening and taken away. I remember hearing about a road in Liverpool where they dug up and nicked the cobbles ?!?

I've got cousins in London, and a couple of years ago a whole playground was stolen from near them - roundabout, swings, slide, everything!
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:26 am

^read in the MEN that some Henry Hoovers where stolen from some luxury apparments in Manchester

Three punchlines to this spring to mind

the first
Anything with wheels on

The second
That must really suck

the third
Cheapskates, you would think they would have dysons

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:08 am

silvergunner wrote:To save money don't shop at morrisons as it's sodding expensive. Even morrisons have had to admit they are losing money hand over fist and need to cut prices lol
Yeah i couldnt believe those figures they announced the other week, they made 750 mill or so just two years ago, now theyre projected to be about 350 mill. Huge drop.

Tescos used to be cheap but that now seems expensive

dste

Post by dste » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Ignorant people on buses with bags.

For example from today. Got on bus to work and they had Metros to read, went to pick one up but the person sitting next to the tray decided that their bag had to have it's own seat in the tray. Made them move it.

Another one is people who put their bag(s) on the window seat and then sit on the outside, especially annoying when bus is filling up.

To**ers.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:35 pm

[quote="DPrinny"]Only traps that work are the glue ones, and it seems a very crewel way to go, they may be vermin but I cant seem to bring my self to kill them./quote]

You can get humane mice traps. I've caught a few like that and then let them out in a field. The traps work well. Just basically top over once the mouse enters and shuts the door on the trap. I agree the glue ones are horrible

But again I wouldn't get a cat. You work, you live in a flat with no cat flap so the poor thing will be locked in all day or locked out all day. Plus they're not cheap with the food and vet bills.

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:28 am

psj3809 wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Only traps that work are the glue ones, and it seems a very crewel way to go, they may be vermin but I cant seem to bring my self to kill them./quote]

You can get humane mice traps. I've caught a few like that and then let them out in a field. The traps work well. Just basically top over once the mouse enters and shuts the door on the trap. I agree the glue ones are horrible

But again I wouldn't get a cat. You work, you live in a flat with no cat flap so the poor thing will be locked in all day or locked out all day. Plus they're not cheap with the food and vet bills.
Unless you get an older cat - I've took in one that's been living rough for four years (he was mine before he ran off), he's old now and can just about climb onto the bed so doesn't mind being indoors all day - but he's still got his wits about him (got the claw marks to prove it!) so they COULD catch a mouse, possibly.

Or you could even borrow a cat off someone? Rent-a-killer?

stvd

Post by stvd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:37 am

psj3809 wrote:But again I wouldn't get a cat. You work, you live in a flat with no cat flap so the poor thing will be locked in all day or locked out all day.
But keeping a bird indoors is fine!