What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:49 am

My mum talking about her will and her after death arrangements.

Know shes planing a head and all, but on a Saturday morning?

MICE!!!
Really tempted to get a cat to get rid of them, I must look up costs on such a thing and possablie problems with it and the parrot

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:18 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
he hasnt been round on his own since, my stag do is in a couple of months, that should be a laugh

Mate, I can tell you now that he is 100% not going. She will not allow it, he might give you some other BS reason however that will be the real one.
I spoke with my mate today, even though it is over with his other half he is not moving out. He thinks it will be better for the kids if he stays. So that will never work in the long run and will end in a massive mess

I agree totally mate and she will twist it as well, I was ill at the time that he had his (really big anxiety attacks, sickness, panic attacks on my way to work etc) but even though she knows I have had the same, it will all be about how lousy a friend I am.
If thats what will happen then thats fine, my medication ends in just over 6 weeks, I can go back on alcohol just in time for play Blackpool (not planned that way but handy) if he or anyone else doesn't come on the date I arrange they don't come, I wont give anyone the sort of hard time he gave me.
Its sad when you know you have lost a friend though no fault of your own.

MICE!!!
Really tempted to get a cat to get rid of them, I must look up costs on such a thing and possablie problems with it and the parrot
Get the cheap two for a £1 traps from B&Q put some choc on them, works great.
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:29 pm

rocky1980 wrote: Its sad when you know you have lost a friend though no fault of your own.
it is, i'm just waiting for him to be made to turn against our other mate, it will be at that point i think something might have to be said

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:36 pm

dste wrote:
flatapex wrote:They are very close to being cut, the worst part is my aunty not returning my dad's phone calls, thats no way to treat a sibling
You should meet my family, that's classed as being nice. :lol:
i'm starting to think thats true for some of mine too

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Family, time and time again they expect/demand that I drop everything and help them fix their computers, cookers, washing machines, etc all for free I might add.
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:38 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
MICE!!!
Get the cheap two for a £1 traps from B&Q put some choc on them, works great.
they are smart buggers, all traps they avoid

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Last time we had a mouse in the house, the cat caught it where the traps failed.

It did take him a couple of days mind, since he was the one who took it in and dropped it alive in our bedroom in the first place.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:11 pm

Megamixer wrote:Impatient drivers. When you're driving down a 20mph road and taking high speed bumps carefully, do you really need some ass in a van almost touching your back bumper while they zig zag side-to-side before flooring it around the outside, flying over speed bumps? FFS, learn how not to be a d**k - please :roll:
This by the Leisure centre its 20 MPH with speed bumps.. You always get some little hunchback in a modded car with a cap balanced on there head or some white van driving Chav going full speed over these about 50 - 60 mph and you can see the cars sparking followed by the bang.. Some of them do pull over as it looks like there suspension had it..

Yesterday had some first class censored in a BMV driver who kept slamming on the breaks and not using they're indicator.. When the lane became two and he did another emergency stop me and a few cars just overtook him on the other side and forced them to as he wanted to park and his face just went purple with rage!

People who don't indicate are the road equivalent of trolls it likes you have to make a effort not to indicate as to me its drummed into me indicate when turning etc.
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Last time we had a mouse in the house, the cat caught it where the traps failed.

It did take him a couple of days mind, since he was the one who took it in and dropped it alive in our bedroom in the first place.
Looking into costs of getting a cat before getting one, probabiliy start from a kitten so it can get used to the parrot and the parrot will get used to it, they wont be in the same room as each other while im not there

dste

Post by dste » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:38 pm

I wonder how long this thread would be without all the car stuff. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 am

DPrinny wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Last time we had a mouse in the house, the cat caught it where the traps failed.

Looking into costs of getting a cat before getting one, probabiliy start from a kitten so it can get used to the parrot and the parrot will get used to it, they wont be in the same room as each other while im not there
Day to day costs are just a quid or so per day. Its the random vet bills of 30 to 300 pounds when they're sick or injured that is tricky.

Check with your local Cats Protection League for a rehomed one first.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:46 am

DPrinny wrote:

I would try mice traps first. I wouldnt get a cat just for the mice, if you want a cat generally for a pet like most people then yeah perhaps get one but just thinking of getting one suddenly because you've got a few mice isnt good. Someone went to our local animal sanctuary and wanted a big german shepherd just to use it as a guard dog so they were refused.

The second the cat needs vets bills then you may be screwed and it wouldnt be fair on the cat to then send it back to another animal sanctuary.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:22 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Day to day costs are just a quid or so per day. Its the random vet bills of 30 to 300 pounds when they're sick or injured that is tricky.

Check with your local Cats Protection League for a rehomed one first.

I ended up paying nearly a grand when mine decided to kamikaze out the window, and that was without any broken bones. I love him to pieces but have accepted the next illness or injury can only mean a one way trip to the vets.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 am

Worth getting pet insurance, used to be quite high but now some of the supermarkets are doing it its much cheaper.

Regardless of what happens to my dog i wouldnt do a 'one way trip' to the vets if a major accident happened !

firebreather

Post by firebreather » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 am

Ours is just the same brings field mice in from miles away still alive and healthy then loses them, however this is still preferable to live pigeons and the dead rat that was still attached to mouse trap!, How he managed to get it over the fence i really dont know.