When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Antiriad2097

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:05 pm

Are you my wife?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:22 am

How'd you guess?

Eat your nans pants

32Bitter

Post by 32Bitter » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:48 am

Warm weather + weekend = Odd jobs. I can already hear lawns being mowed and drills!
Don't think!....Feel!.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:25 am

32Bitter wrote:Warm weather + weekend = Odd jobs. I can already hear lawns being mowed and drills!
I can already hear the music blasting out of my humble little speakers............

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:50 pm

crusto wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Coming onto a dual carriageway with a short slip road, building up speed and yet somebody in the left lane persists in matching your speed while being in your over-the-shoulder blind spot. I know they don't have to move over and it's my responsibility to check over my shoulder but seriously, either fall back to let me on, speed up or move to the right-hand lane. It only adds to insult when said driver continues on a slow 50mph and doesn't even need to get off at the next upcoming junction so why be so irritating and not let other drivers on?
They don't move because they are blissfully unaware of any wrong doing. My friend, you have encountered a clogger. There are sooo many of them on the roads.
The roads certainly account for most of this thread...

A few more:

- Some idiot today parked at the side of the road...at the junction of a roundabout :roll:

- Another idiot on the industrial estate thrashing the crap out of a Seat Leon and taking a corner so fast that it looked like he was going to tip the car. These people think they are petrol heads but they do all this speeding on the estate where the roads are full of huge holes/craters. Would serve them right if their suspension or something broke as they were going along.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Android games that list one of there highlights as "retro style" or "8 bit" graphics.

Yes I can tell from the bloody screen shots

Ones that have to be paid for that dont have a demo

dste

Post by dste » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Cutting Soreen, drives me mad.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:54 am

32Bitter wrote:Warm weather + weekend = Odd jobs. I can already hear lawns being mowed and drills!
Yes i mowed my lawn, though the groudn is still saturated after 6 months of non stop rain. Parts of the garden are mud hell. Now i need to buy a load of grass seed.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 am

The old man who lives behind me who refuses to cut down or at least trim the four MASSIVE trees he has at the back of his garden. They block my light, affect my grass (some of it's bone dry and dying) and are pushing my fences down at the back.

Why are some old people so stubborn?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:22 am

Nervous brakers.
You drive along behind them (at a safe distance) and the brake lights come on at any sign of oncoming traffic/ tight spaces to navigate.
And those who brake at the last second. You can slow down by changing down gears, don't you know...

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:59 am

dste wrote:Cutting Soreen, drives me mad.
Are you my nan?

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Kilb wrote:Nervous brakers.
You drive along behind them (at a safe distance) and the brake lights come on at any sign of oncoming traffic/ tight spaces to navigate.
And those who brake at the last second. You can slow down by changing down gears, don't you know...
Very annoying. Was stuck behind somebody today who was doing 20 in a 30 zone and still touching their brakes for speed cameras :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:14 pm

The news that they are turning the snug, the room that hosted many computer clubs among other things into a stair case.
Its not like the Lass was a big pub, its not like it dont already have a stair case going upstiars.

Its like they really dont give a toss

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:38 pm

My cousins. They are loads richer than us and ignorant as hell, their mum (my aunty) is my dad's older sister. We have phoned them a few times over the last few months to get their addresses, partners and kids names for the wedding, do they get back to us? Yeah if only. Sending the invites out in a few weeks and if they don't pull their fingers out they can whistle

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 pm

If you don't like them, why invite them? I cut loads of family from my wedding. I don't feel remotely bad about it.

General error. I am starting to think of this place as the General Error forum.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.