Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Application forms

In saying that this question is new to me
sscott wrote:
DPrinny wrote:Never being able to find a black pen that works
.. and yet I bet you put that non-working black pen straight back in the drawer for next time.
I bought a jar of black pens once, they all went missing

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:33 am

People at work and their attitudes to games and gamers

samhain81

Post by samhain81 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:34 am

Video games with a premise of either evil monsters, mutants, dinosaurs, zombies, or paranormal entities to fight....and the main enemies in the game are.....human soldiers

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:43 am

samhain81 wrote:Video games with a premise of either evil monsters, mutants, dinosaurs, zombies, or paranormal entities to fight....and the main enemies in the game are.....human soldiers
:?

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:47 am

samhain81 wrote:Video games with a premise of either evil monsters, mutants, dinosaurs, zombies, or paranormal entities to fight....and the main enemies in the game are.....human soldiers
People that say "You play games? You should get a life" should hear the response
"Well you try going out and fighting dragons and taking gun shots, its not easy"

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:45 am

DPrinny wrote:
People that say "You play games? You should get a life" should hear the response
"Well you try going out and fighting dragons and taking gun shots, its not easy"
I got someone asking me why someone they saw in game was buying a big pile of games- I neither know nor care.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:16 am

flatapex wrote: I got someone asking me why someone they saw in game was buying a big pile of games- I neither know nor care.
they want to play them?

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Lack of sleep
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:11 pm

Some people in general. Just really gets my goat when people walking in front of you, walk slower than you, then stop, point at a random shop, then start walking just as slow as before, and while you're trying to walk around them, they manage to still get in your way by blocking where you want to go. Also, people in mobility scooters. I get why people need them (cant walk, have arthritis, etc), but why aim straight towards me at full pelt, then swerve at the last minute, and give me an evil look? Im sorry its not Death Race 2-f**kin-000 and that id be worth 65 points, but don't aim for me and scare the censored out of me by swerving at the last minute!
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:53 pm

Clog drivers.

If you are going to insist on going 15-20 mph under the speed limit in the outside lane then can you at least do me a big favour and **** off?

Twerps

Eat your nans pants

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:46 am

JetSetWilly wrote:Some people in general. Just really gets my goat when people walking in front of you, walk slower than you, then stop, point at a random shop, then start walking just as slow as before, and while you're trying to walk around them, they manage to still get in your way by blocking where you want to go.
Ha ha thats happened to me quite a lot. They just stop suddenly, i then pass them and walk right in front of them and stop instantly to get revenge. If they mutter something i say 'yeah f**** annoying isnt it'. I mean seriously just use common sense

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:51 pm

psj3809 wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Some people in general. Just really gets my goat when people walking in front of you, walk slower than you, then stop, point at a random shop, then start walking just as slow as before, and while you're trying to walk around them, they manage to still get in your way by blocking where you want to go.
Ha ha thats happened to me quite a lot. They just stop suddenly, i then pass them and walk right in front of them and stop instantly to get revenge. If they mutter something i say 'yeah f**** annoying isnt it'. I mean seriously just use common sense
These 'people' are commonly known as mall cloggers.

Eat your nans pants

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:14 pm

Coming onto a dual carriageway with a short slip road, building up speed and yet somebody in the left lane persists in matching your speed while being in your over-the-shoulder blind spot. I know they don't have to move over and it's my responsibility to check over my shoulder but seriously, either fall back to let me on, speed up or move to the right-hand lane. It only adds to insult when said driver continues on a slow 50mph and doesn't even need to get off at the next upcoming junction so why be so irritating and not let other drivers on?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:28 pm

My room being used as a dumping ground for other people's crap.

I've got plenty of my own crap, thanks very much without you barging in with your broken patio chairs, piles of five-year-old bank statements and towels full of holes.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:50 pm

Megamixer wrote:Coming onto a dual carriageway with a short slip road, building up speed and yet somebody in the left lane persists in matching your speed while being in your over-the-shoulder blind spot. I know they don't have to move over and it's my responsibility to check over my shoulder but seriously, either fall back to let me on, speed up or move to the right-hand lane. It only adds to insult when said driver continues on a slow 50mph and doesn't even need to get off at the next upcoming junction so why be so irritating and not let other drivers on?
They don't move because they are blissfully unaware of any wrong doing. My friend, you have encountered a clogger. There are sooo many of them on the roads.

Eat your nans pants