When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

Megamixer

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:26 pm

1. Hypocrites.
2. The 'Go Compare' TV ad.
3. The 'We Buy Any Car.com' ad.
4. Compare the market/meerkat bullsh1t ad.
5. Gaming elitists and collectors who love putting people's collections down or pointing out they're wrong.
6. People forcing opinions on you as fact.
7. TV 'experts' on the likes of GMTV/This Morning (get a real job!).
8. The way ITV constantly shows The Mummy/The Mummy Returns.
9. Petty, thieving customers at work who nick the stupidest things.
10. The majority of the laws in the country that give the criminals the most rights.
11. The fact that people feel the need to sue for anything and everything.
12. Kids who are about 10 and swagger around as if they're well 'ard innit.
13. Incompetent leaders/management.
14. The general greed for money and getting stuff for nothing that the UK seems obsessed with.

So not much then :lol:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Gangstas. In the UK.

Women who cover up perfectly good bajoobies.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Gangstas. In the UK.

Women who cover up perfectly good bajoobies.
Or breast reduction surgery.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:36 pm

mohicankid wrote:its not the meds that make you fat, its the fact that they artificialy icrease your appetite as part of the side effects and you subsequently give in, that makes you fat! ;)
you find that when your appetite is increased you tend to snack more and most easy snacks are carbohydrate based! so...no carbs after 4 pm! stick to that one simple rule and obviously exercise, and you wont stack the extra weight on!

but you won't do it!
they never do!
;)
The pedant in me will say certain meds Amytriptalene for example will make you fat irrespective as they completely slow down your metabolism to the point where you would have to subsist on a starvation diet to not put on weight.

Plus excercise isnt always an option for those in chronic pain ( you will have to trust me on this un :wink: )
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:38 pm

sscott wrote: People who tell me they should bring physical punishment back into schools (that generation is retired/dead) we have moved on.

Dont wanna wee on your chips, but the Cane was still valid when I was at school up until 1987 ish and afaik some religious schools had dispensation to use it well into the 1990's

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:41 pm

Ralph Milne's Left Foot wrote:
sscott wrote: People who tell me they should bring physical punishment back into schools (that generation is retired/dead) we have moved on.

Dont wanna wee on your chips, but the Cane was still valid when I was at school up until 1987 ish and afaik some religious schools had dispensation to use it well into the 1990's

Indeed. I got it in 1987 myself.

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:44 pm

necronom wrote:Lots of things, but at the minute the most annoying thing is not winning an eBay auction for a BBC Model B :(
Was it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0471134621

Don't worry, it was never worth that...
gleeple doople zwak-zwak snafn olg mmnnnnip

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 pm

ahh....didn't know that.

So, when they call i just tell them to delete my number from their database and never call me again, then?

I can do that :D
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:51 pm

The Master wrote:
necronom wrote:Lots of things, but at the minute the most annoying thing is not winning an eBay auction for a BBC Model B :(
Was it this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0471134621

Don't worry, it was never worth that...
Yes. That exact one. I'd planned to drive up there to pick it up with the two disk drives. I though that saving the postage would give me a good shot at winning it.

Anyway, here is my updated "Things I hate.txt" file :D

Microsoft, and everything they do, make, have made, stand for, and think of.
Intel.
ASUS - they don't honour their pretend 3 year warranty, so I'd stay away from them if I were you.
Adverts on TV (my mute button is my friend).
Spiders.
Spam (e-mails, not spiced ham).
Shopping (unless it's for things that use electricity, or books).
Mobile phones (though a few years ago my parents bought me one. At least I have some nice C64 ringtones on it - Delta, Thing on a Spring & Comic Bakery).
Most ringtones, but especially the default Nokia one.
DRM (if I buy a CD, I want to be able to listen to it wherever I want. I have to download an illegal copy to do that).
Not being able to skip things on DVDs (It's almost worth getting a copy of a film so I don't have to watch the crap I can't skip before getting to the menu screen of some discs).
Getting up at 07:20 to go to work.
Traffic Wardens.
The people who ruin the traffic by making some roads only for busses and others one-way - It causes lots of congestion. Can't you see that?!!!
Rush hour (the traffic situation, not the film or song).
The word "gotten" (worryingly, I've seen a few English people use it).
People calling a liquid (i.e. Petrol) "Gas".
People calling Autumn, "Fall".
People saying "off of", instead of "off".
Actually, Americans spelling everything wrong, and corrupting OUR language.
Some TV channels not showing some programs in episode order (WHY? It makes no sense to do this! Luckily, this seems to be much better these days.)
On-screen graphics over TV shows (end credits corrupted, channel logos, adverts during shows etc).
Mushrooms.
Mario (the Nintendo idiot).
The word "Sci-Fi". It's called Science Fiction or SF, if you must. Sci-Fi sounds derogatory.
Differences with extras on DVDs in different regions.
Being called a "Resource" at work. I take it as an insult. I'm not a resource I'm a person!!
Michael Schumacher.
People typing "Alot" instead of "A lot"
People who don't make any effort to type properly on the internet (punctuation exists for a reason).
People calling things by another name, when there's been a well established name for it for decades (e.g. People who watch birds are called Bird Watchers, The personnel Department is called just that, Teesside Airport is in Teesside not Durham, IT is called IT, not ITC (or is it ICT, or possibly TCI. TIC?)
Writable CDs and DVDs that don't work a year after writing to them.
Thieves.
People who write viruses/Malware.
Smoking.
Tracksuits.
Soap operas.
Save games being copy protected.
The way that Microsoft has created a bleak and desolate future in the computing world.
The '80s ending.
The crap music that gets played on stations like radio 1.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 pm

People who get easily annoyed :)

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:54 pm

People who look at the floor rather than where there going (normally tend to be 50ish)
People who stand in a lift laughing to themselves, and act like they've never been in a lift
People who expect everyone else to think for them
The dickhead text speaking Chav Numpty who gave the running commentary in the cinema when I was trying to watch 'The last Exorcism' and about how they pooed themselves as they where so scared!!
Pigeon chested beer gutted walking Chavs going topless
The Chavs constipated walk acting they can't put there shoulders back as there muscles are so big
Scumbag boy racers who refuse to grow up and act there age, and somehow inexplicably die before the age of 30, and the lefties who say things like "I don't know them but they must have been a great kid"
Chav Girl who almost succeeded in tripping me up in the bank
Videogameboy thinks he the del trotter of the Retro Gaming World but in reality is a gigantic censored
People who just try to show there aliegence to other people on forum when a argument breaks out
The horror channel and everything it stands for
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:57 pm

nokgod wrote:ahh....didn't know that.

So, when they call i just tell them to delete my number from their database and never call me again, then?

I can do that :D
Theoretically Yes thats how it works but you have to request it specifically and make sure that your request is registered.

If it doesnt happen and you have done the above there are iirc remits of the DPA you can use to get it sorted because they are mishandling your data following a specific action request.

Make sure they are not subsiduaries of other companies or will only be that specific company and also request that your details are not passed on to other companies by them.

Data lists are targetted lists of names and addresses spread by companies with glorious names such as consodata who will gather information from that useful 3rd party box that everyone doesnt tick and sell them on to who ever requires them Couple of thousand names and addresses and phone numbers was about 30k quite recently.. Offset that with potential clients etc its worth it.

delve around the net and there is lots on this kicking about. Its quite easy to sort, but only if you know how as it were

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 pm

Shinobi wrote:People who look at the floor rather than where there going (normally tend to be 50ish)
People who stand in a lift laughing to themselves, and act like they've never been in a lift
People who expect everyone else to think for them
The dickhead text speaking Chav Numpty who gave the running commentary in the cinema when I was trying to watch 'The last Exorcism' and about how they pooed themselves as they where so scared!!
Pigeon chested beer gutted walking Chavs going topless
The Chavs constipated walk acting they can't put there shoulders back as there muscles are so big
Scumbag boy racers who refuse to grow up and act there age, and somehow inexplicably die before the age of 30, and the lefties who say things like "I don't know them but they must have been a great kid"
Chav Girl who almost succeeded in tripping me up in the bank
Videogameboy thinks he the del trotter of the Retro Gaming World but in reality is a gigantic censored
Everybody on the New York Times forum
I was expecting a certain Klown to make an appearance in your list Shinobi :lol:

Actually, a huge list of annoyances might be an interesting idea for a blog post...just to see how long I can make it :)

The Master

Post by The Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:00 pm

There's not much that bothers me that much, to be honest... at least not enough to be worthy of note.

Although "abort on data transfer" does my FUCKING head in, I have to say :evil:

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm

People who dont like football.
People who vote for the BNP.
Mild curry.
Emo.
Dustin Diamond.
Warm pop.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81