What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

QuantumCrayons

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by QuantumCrayons » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 am

Combo-Breaker wrote:When someone ques up with their mate (usually teenage girls from my experience) and buy NOTHING or have NOTHING to buy, they just que up with them for no reason at all.
I hate people having friends :(

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I hate it when people in a queue actually have shopping to buy, instead of them all just hanging about waiting for a friend and thus speeding me through to the checkout extra fast.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

nakamura

Post by nakamura » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 pm

SexyWayne wrote: if she told me she has feelings I don't think I'd be secure enough to give her what she wanted,:
I would have told you to man up if not for that statement. You are doing the right thing if you don't yet feel you can sustain a relationship.
http://judged-by-gabranth.blogspot.co.uk/
Antiriad2097 wrote:I have a general rule of thumb that if Nakamura likes something, it's not for me ;)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Isn't that contradictory? Sounds a bit girly to me ;)
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:57 pm

censored Christmas just censored off already... I really hate this time of year :evil:

JazzFunk

Post by JazzFunk » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:23 pm

Quit smoking seven weeks back. Went out with my mate on Thursday night and took a 10-pack of Sterling Smooth along. Stopped straight after smoking said 10.

Tonight, getting so cig-ravenous, I'm considering sticking a bit of Nicorette gum into my old, dust-gathering bong and lighting that bugger! :twisted:

Combo-Breaker

Post by Combo-Breaker » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:57 pm

When people say the word "like" a million plus times in a sentence.

"I went to the shop to get some beers like, and the shop was sold out of beer! I couldn't believe it like."

GGGGRRRR!

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Dear people unfamiliar with smartphones:
1. When I say, "It's touchscreen," I'm not merely stating an interesting fact about the phone, I'm warning you that the instant you press your fingers on the glowy bit, it's going to do stuff.
2. When you're driving and something unexpected happens, you wouldn't slam down the accelerator and head straight for oncoming traffic. So when you're pressing buttons and something unexpected happens, DON'T PRESS MORE BUTTONS. The phone is not sentient, and will only do something if you give it the command.
3. I do not know the ins and outs of every single phone that has ever existed. Just because I figured out how to make phone calls within 15 seconds of looking at your phone does not mean I know how to get your contacts from your old phone into this phone without you putting them all in again (or switching SIM cards, but if I told you why you can't do that on a different network it'd confuse you even more).
4. Just like with computers, if you can't find something you're looking for, try looking for a word that's related to it. If you want to find your camera, look for "camera", "pictures", or "media" and you'll probably find it. If in doubt, head for applications. This is literally how I do it, and it's not hard.
5. If it helps, the voice recognition software is a foreigner. It'll only understand you if you speak slowly and clearly.

Dear people who buy my parents smartphones for Christmas, knowing full well that they're going to ask me about everything:
1. Don't.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:37 pm

Combo-Breaker wrote:When people say the word "like" a million plus times in a sentence.

"I went to the shop to get some beers like, and the shop was sold out of beer! I couldn't believe it like."

GGGGRRRR!
You would hate Stourbridge then, every other word round there is like :lol:

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:08 pm

SexyWayne wrote:
Combo-Breaker wrote:When people say the word "like" a million plus times in a sentence.

GGGGRRRR!
You would hate Stourbridge then, every other word round there is like :lol:
Even the shop staff do it in Stourbridge. nothing more aggravating than going into one and the guy behind the counter saying "What would you like, like?" :lol:
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 am

Petty bureaucracy getting in the way of customer service grinds my gears.

I ordered a book from a book seller on amazon as a present for someone for Christmas. But they send me the wrong one, instead of offering a refund they tell me to keep the wrong book and choose another from their stock up to the £3.03 value of my original order.

There's nothing I want but I do see a book for 97p which would do for a friend. However as I'm losing value by choosing a cheaper book, and would have to post it to my friend myself I ask them to post it directly to my friend instead. To which they reply no, saying "We are not able to do this, we send out over 10,000 orders per day and the orders are packaged with the address information for the original orders automatically."

So it's basically to much trouble for them to actually hand write an address on a single parcel. :roll:

I've asked if I accept the cheaper book then will I at least receive a partial refund of the difference, but I'm expecting a "no" on that one aswell. I suppose I'm expected to find a book I actually do want worth exactly £3.03 if I'm actually to receive the full value I've paid for.

Yeah it's not a lot of money and I got to keep the wrong book too but that's not the point, anyway I think they only wanted me to keep it so they wouldn't have to pay me the cost of sending it back to them.

All they had to do is post the replacement book directly to my friend instead and I'd have been satisfied, but no, that would be too helpful. :x
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:46 am

Parents swearing at their young kids.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:19 pm

pratty wrote: I ordered a book from a book seller on amazon as a present for someone for Christmas. But they send me the wrong one, instead of offering a refund they tell me to keep the wrong book and choose another from their stock up to the £3.03 value of my original order.
Demand a refund. The Internet Selling rules dictate they should give you 7 (maybe 14?) days to return any purchase, plus they need to pay the postage themselves as it was the incorrect order.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Kids swearing at their parents.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:27 pm

People in general, even the ones who seem oblivious to the queue forming behind them, because they are too BLOODY SLOW, or doing the Idiotic Shuffle. Or the ones who take up the whole aisle, with just them two and their trolley. Why? The aisle is big enough for two people to walk either way, so why should Pillock Man and Idiot Woman take the whole aisle? Why, God, WHY????????
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!