What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

JetSetWilly

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by JetSetWilly » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Tim Westwood. I hate that pr*ck with a vengance. Thinks he's 'a brother from da hood', and does those stupid hand signs like gormless moron. Buggest n0b I've ever had the misfortune of seeing on telly.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:02 pm

JetSetWilly wrote:Tim Westwood. I hate that pr*ck with a vengance. Thinks he's 'a brother from da hood', and does those stupid hand signs like gormless moron. Buggest n0b I've ever had the misfortune of seeing on telly.
Agreed - a 50-something bishop's son making like he's from Compton?

Stoopidy-oopidy-oopid! :lol:

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 pm

People that hate Thomas the tank engine

People that smoke in shop door ways

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:21 pm

DPrinny wrote:People that hate Thomas the tank engine
What's your take on those who "hate" Ivor the Engine? :shock: :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:22 pm

Liamh1982 wrote:
JetSetWilly wrote:Tim Westwood. I hate that pr*ck with a vengance. Thinks he's 'a brother from da hood', and does those stupid hand signs like gormless moron. Buggest n0b I've ever had the misfortune of seeing on telly.
Agreed - a 50-something bishop's son making like he's from Compton?

Stoopidy-oopidy-oopid! :lol:
West side!
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 am

Talk Talk...not the band, they were good. I'm talking about the phone/internet company. They f**kin sh*te

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Think it was already mentioned pages ago but dirty b@stards not washing their hands in public toilets. Was in the one at our local shopping centre the other day and as I was washing my hands, I could see people in the mirror behind me just walking out without bothering :evil: . Lazy, dirty gits.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:13 pm

You should learn to not p*ss all over your hands ;)
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

tekaotaku

Post by tekaotaku » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:27 am

Megamixer wrote:Think it was already mentioned pages ago but dirty b@stards not washing their hands in public toilets. Was in the one at our local shopping centre the other day and as I was washing my hands, I could see people in the mirror behind me just walking out without bothering :evil: . Lazy, dirty gits.
I second that....was washing my hands the other week at ASDA's, a bloke was in with his little boy, his boy comes out the cubicle, goes over to wash his hands, cant quite reach the basin then his dad pulls him away and just goes "come on that's alright, lets go find mummy"

Looks at me smiles and walks out! It wasn't the kids fault but that was (excuse this..) piss poor education for his little boy. I assume he would then just go walking round the store touching eveyrthing......mmmmm...nice!
Image - "still barking at the silver moon!"

Dominoid

Post by Dominoid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:05 am

The Angry Jock wrote:You should learn to not p*ss all over your hands ;)
I agree with this statement!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:08 am

The Angry Jock wrote:You should learn to not p*ss all over your hands ;)
Sounds like the kind of advice one might find in an alternative brand of fortune cookies! :lol:

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am

Filler episodes for any series. By definition thats all they really do, fill out a series without having any significant bearing on the story and its just a waste of my time and money.

Im a big Naruto fan and i was quite digusted to find that there are 5 Boxsets totalling 65 episodes of all filler between the official end of the first series and the beginning of the Shippuden series. In fact there are over 70 episodes since the filler begins halfway through box set 6.1. Im lucky to have read the Manga books before so i knew when the filler had begun and ensured i didnt waste around £60 on the filler boxsets but i feel bad for anyone that did continue to buy them without this knowledge, waiting for the series to pick up with the main story again. I just dont see the point in these side stories where Naruto meets all these other characters which will never be referenced ever again or be included in the future.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am

ShadowNeku wrote:Filler episodes for any series. By definition thats all they really do, fill out a series without having any significant bearing on the story and its just a waste of my time and money.
Why must something have a significant bearing on the story to warrant inclusion? If it's a heavily story-driven drama, that's fair enough, but for a light-hearted comedy that doesn't really have any story anyway?
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:47 am

DigitalDuck wrote:
ShadowNeku wrote:Filler episodes for any series. By definition thats all they really do, fill out a series without having any significant bearing on the story and its just a waste of my time and money.
Why must something have a significant bearing on the story to warrant inclusion? If it's a heavily story-driven drama, that's fair enough, but for a light-hearted comedy that doesn't really have any story anyway?
In that case i wouldnt mind so much. But yes when it comes to a heavily story driven drama i dont want to sit through "flashback" episodes that basically just re-tell what we already know or steer off the path for no good. Maybe when i said "any series" i should have changed it to "certain series"

In the case of Naruto, the filler is also of poor quality. The animation is noticably sloppier and re-uses parts again. Even in the non filler episodes they drag out certain scenes with CONTINUOUS flashbacks to older episodes which weve already been reminded of again and again. Just ticks me off sitting through an entire box set without much happening when the Manga had it all done in about 30 pages.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:14 am

The word "people" - as in, "come on people". Usually appears in films were a gung-ho military commander shouts at his soldiers. "Stay alert people."

Oh, f**k off.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."