What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:56 pm

No
Family guy is not on iplayer for legal reasons.
You cant watch it when its on as well

Bub&Bob

Post by Bub&Bob » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Helensification wrote:I also missed the new episode but luckily noticed it is repeated this Saturday, so have set it to record and let's hope they stick to the schedule this time.
What grinds my gears is that when I set my V+ box to record Family Guy on BBC3 it often starts recording towards the end of the previous episode and ends recording around 5-10 mins before the actual programme ends - doesn't do this on any other channel I record from :evil:
The dry fart for Barry MacDermot and all the cancer patients in the Glamorgan testicle ward

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:11 pm

The arrogance and total lack of accountability of some NHS staff. My wife has seriously injured her neck and requires a major operation, I've had 3 days of incompetence, buck-passing and outright lies from the staff tasked with her care. To say I'm f*cking furious would be an enormous understatement, I've been documenting every single f*ck up and when this is all over I am going to war on these c*nts.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

RMLF

Post by RMLF » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 am

DPrinny wrote:No
Family guy is not on iplayer for legal reasons.
You cant watch it when its on as well
Fair enough, but its not like it isnt widely available elsewhere you can even view it online or at least D/L in a myriad of places

That was my point

I know its chuffing annoying when things over run and I was waiting for it myself, but I was less pee'd about it because I remembered what happened with the GAGA thing so it was not completely unexpected. So went with watching the football untill it did come on. Not exactly end of the world scenario?
The Artist Formerly Known as Ralph Milne's Left Foot :P

Wheres Gus Ceasar when you need him?... Pah!

Ralph's Trade/Sale Thread http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=22769

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 am

i think they are right to do that - maybe they should think a bit more about what gets shown when, with regards to "live events" that might overrun. doesn't matter if it's football, music concert, royal wedding - anything that's "live" would be worse if they cut it off when it was part way through.

lanky316

Post by lanky316 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:55 am

thingonaspring wrote:i think they are right to do that - maybe they should think a bit more about what gets shown when, with regards to "live events" that might overrun. doesn't matter if it's football, music concert, royal wedding - anything that's "live" would be worse if they cut it off when it was part way through.
Bam, plus the fact that red button service is rubbish on Freeview is dire I'd be more than a little annoyed when watching something live they switched it off for a pre-recorded show. I appreciate sometimes when you want to watch something and it's messed around it's frustrating. It annoys me too when something I want to watch is moved or cancelled but live should take it over pre-recorded any time. Take the other day for example, BBC showing parliamentary thingy with Newscorp,then return to regularly scheduled Eggheads repeat! Nice of them to hand the viewers to Sky News anyway.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:19 pm

greenberet79 wrote:He should have killed Sting, done us all a favour!
Yep, especially after Mr. Sumner gave us the album using the lute! That album should have been called : "Crimes Against Music!" :lol:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Chris Moyles.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Mask Seller

Post by The Mask Seller » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:Chris Moyles.
When my wife has used my car and I get into it to go to work, turn the stereo on and for that split second before I can change it over to CD I invariably hear that c*ck's voice as as she's tuned it to Radio One, that split second makes me want to punch my car radio.
"Only the guilty have anything to fear. And the innocent, if we're having a slow day."

Sepp Salerno

Post by Sepp Salerno » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 am

The Mask Seller wrote:
When my wife has used my car and I get into it to go to work, turn the stereo on and for that split second before I can change it over to CD I invariably hear that c*ck's voice as as she's tuned it to Radio One, that split second makes me want to punch my car radio.
I hate him.

I'm using the word hate in truest context. He’s such a soulless, talent less, and utterly repugnant incubus.
But what’s more horrific and terrifying is millions of people listen to him. Millions :shock:

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:41 am

There was an issue of the Radio Times a few weeks back with Chris Evans and some woman on the front. My dad actually stuck insulation tape on his copy to cover up Evans' face, "so that I don't have to look at that f*cking smarmy, sanctimonious c*nt every time I want to see what's on". :lol:

(EDIT: Whoops, it was actually Chris Moyles you were talking about...!) :lol: :oops:
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 am

Your point still stands.

Can I throw in Kelvin MacKenzie, preferably into a burning pile of manure?

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 am

Ohhh now your talking-Was channel hopping last night (toss between watching Jaws or Top Gun..Top Gun won :lol: ) and just how many trailers for this morons TV show? Fecking far too many.

Bad enough he gets air time, but lordy don't go stroking his ego anymore by giving him TV space.

Just what is his supposed talent?

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:52 pm

My knees. Ever since I hit 30 I think they've been steadily dissolving!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Glad to hear I'm not the only one here who detests Chris Moyles! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac