What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Liamh1982

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Liamh1982 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:07 pm

I only buy if I have the money there and then, what with not having a bank card. Kind of restricting though as at least 90% of sellers only accept PayPal.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this thread...

People that don't leave feedback on ebay! I sell quite a few bits and might post around 5-7 packages a week but I always seem to only get 1 or 2 pieces of feedback out of it all :evil: . It's not about my score but more that I'd like to know that things are getting there safely. Overseas buyers seem to be the worst for this :evil: .

I know some people wait and leave a ton all in one go but the buyers I'm talking about never leave anything. I'm sure it's gradually getting worse because I used to get feedback for almost everything I sent out.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:40 pm

People with a few push chairs.
They walk side to side down the street and dont move

People with pushchairs that rush round corners

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Back to eBay - sellers who de-register while I'm still waiting for one of their items! Happened to me a week or so back, it's currently still an open case in the Resolution Centre.

Does anyone have a spare OutRun for the Game Gear - I want it one way or another!

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:35 am

Littering. People who just throw crap on the floor. A car drove past ours yesterday and some lad threw a load of paper out of his window and drove off. Modern people? They just don't give a sh*t.

Modern society. The country might be falling in on itself, but as long as people can watch X-Factor on their 70inch telly and read about Cheryl Cole on the front page of the newpaper then they don't care.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:30 am

Filthy horrible fucking gangsters. They walk around like they own the place, treat you like shit, and you're not allowed to tell them to go fuck themselves because then there'll be "repercussions".

Also the whole stigma about being a "grass" - if someone's doing illegal things, making the lives of yourself and hundreds of others miserable, why shouldn't I be able to go to the police without getting labelled as something?

Oh, and people who walk really slowly in the middle of the pavement, and then suddenly stop dead for no reason at all, making you almost fall over.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 am

One thing that's really been grinding my gears lately is Tory-bashing. It's just all a bit too lazy and unoriginal. Hating the Tories and making jokes about their voters one of the easiest jokes out there (alongside 'George Bush is stupid' and 'Americans are fat'). It's the sort of joke that Russell Howard would do. They're an easy target.

Hearing the tution fees and cuts protestors shouting 'Tory scum' also makes my blood boil. Do these idiots not know who actually introduced tuition fees or guided us into the recession?! The same party whose leader is joining them on these protests, that's who.

Another thing that winds me up is when people complain about something the BBC are doing by claiming "I'm paying for that!"; as if their £145 payment means that every single programme televised on all four BBC channels must be catered to their tastes. My mum said it yesterday in her complaint about the amount of Glastonbury coverage and how many staff they'd sent, forgetting that there are plenty of other people who would enjoy watching it, and that the amount of Eastenders she watches would alone make up for the £145 expense. She'd no doubt complain if the BBC scrapped the fee and showed adverts.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

dste

Post by dste » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 am

greenberet79 wrote:Littering. People who just throw crap on the floor. A car drove past ours yesterday and some lad threw a load of paper out of his window and drove off. Modern people? They just don't give a sh*t.
The thing that really pi**es me off with that is the fact that they carried the stuff with them so why the f**k can they not carry it back.

I live quite rurally and the nearest McDonalds is about a 20-25min drive yet for some reason there are McDonalds wrappers on the floor of the one high street that we have in the local village. So they can drive it 20-25mins to the high street but cannot carry it to a bin that is about 30secs away from where it has been dropped or drive it back to their house to put it in the bin.

Doesn't half do my head in.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 pm

People that stop and talk in a shop door way.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:51 pm

When people type,

* "Megadrive", not "Mega Drive"
* "Soul Calibre", not "Soul Calibur"
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:00 pm

che_don_john wrote:Another thing that winds me up is when people complain about something the BBC are doing by claiming "I'm paying for that!"; as if their £145 payment means that every single programme televised on all four BBC channels must be catered to their tastes. My mum said it yesterday in her complaint about the amount of Glastonbury coverage and how many staff they'd sent, forgetting that there are plenty of other people who would enjoy watching it, and that the amount of Eastenders she watches would alone make up for the £145 expense. She'd no doubt complain if the BBC scrapped the fee and showed adverts.
Same goes for Council Tax.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm

dste wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Littering. People who just throw crap on the floor. A car drove past ours yesterday and some lad threw a load of paper out of his window and drove off. Modern people? They just don't give a sh*t.
The thing that really pi**es me off with that is the fact that they carried the stuff with them so why the f**k can they not carry it back.

I live quite rurally and the nearest McDonalds is about a 20-25min drive yet for some reason there are McDonalds wrappers on the floor of the one high street that we have in the local village. So they can drive it 20-25mins to the high street but cannot carry it to a bin that is about 30secs away from where it has been dropped or drive it back to their house to put it in the bin.

Doesn't half do my head in.
Just the other week there was a fat chav with his mates walking in front of me. He finished his bottle of Oasis and just casually - in front of a whole park-load of people - stooped down and bowled it onto the grass before walking off. The park is full of bins too. Lazy b@stard.
DPrinny wrote:People that stop and talk in a shop door way.
Worse, people in supermarkets who bump into each other and block the whole aisle with their trollies while gas and catch up, giving anybody who tried to get past an irritable look :evil:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

James A

Post by James A » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 pm

Hot weather

Seems to bring the idiots out even more

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 am

Pippa f(cking Middleton. Actually, no, that's a bit harsh. The media coverage of Pippa Middleton. Specifically the Daily Mail. I mean, who cares what parties she's been to? Who cares what men she's dated?? Who cares that she's mates with Richard Branson's kids???

Although she is supposed to be a compete social-climbing superb(tch snob as well.

Aaaah, steam....released.....

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:23 am

greenberet79 wrote: *SNIP* the Daily Mail. *SNIP*
that is all.