What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

greenberet79

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by greenberet79 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

delbert_trout wrote:It's getting bloody expensive on the NHS as well. The price of a check-up's about three times as much now as it was three or four years ago, and back then I'd also get a scale-and-polish done as part of the check-up. Now every time I go in he keeps on at me that I should book up for the hygienist, who'll basically now just do that seperately at £45 a pop (so they can bugger off).
Certainly not a bad profession to be in.
Ha, one of my wisdom teeth is hurting today (happens occasionally). And yep, for a check up (when i could get one - usually takes a phonecall a month in advance) it costs £30. The hygienist is the same. Getting any actual work done (God forbid) costs a small fortune.

My old dentist went private and charges a absolute fortune - like, a monthly fee even if you don't go and then charges for any work.

If I could have my time again I'd train to be a dentist.
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm

Buying a game from a shop in town, only to find that they've put the wrong version of the game in the box and I then have to spend another £3.60 in bus fares to take it back and get it replaced.

Bought Dead Space 2 Limited Edition on the PS3 from Grainger Games today (it's their 'Deal Of The Week') only to find that they've only given me a Standard edtion disc in the case (so the full game of Dead Space Extraction isn't on there, only the demo). Tossers. :evil: :evil:
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:24 am

Small % of the human race at the moment-Harsh, but true.

When your having to explain your reasons for doing a certain action, (which was beyond your control) and even when you did it, you clearly stated why it was done the way it was, Some sock Puppet jumps on yer case and...ahhhhhh to bollox with it. :lol:

It's just not important, is it? Not in grand scheme of things.times a wasting......

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:56 am

Being told i have all the right qualities and talents for a Job but not the experience!
so you'd rather take on someone who did the job somewhere else for 2 years but got sacked for being censored?
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Workplaces giving you a discipline for having sick time off yet coming in with a genuine doctor's note. I've seen several people at my place have genuine sickness/injury and they get disciplined for it :roll: . So it's your fault if somebody sneezes a virus all over you? It's your fault if you accidentally twist you leg awkwardly and have to have time off? Has the whole world gone insane?
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

necronom

Post by necronom » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 pm

I've just downloaded the Back to the Future demo for the PS3, and it came to the title screen (up to this point I was looking forward to it, as I'm a fan of the film), then I saw three flags at the bottom of the screen to choose the language...

A French flag, a German flag, and

An American flag :evil:

I almost quit and deleted it without trying it, and I still haven't played it. Regardless of how good it it, I won't be buying it now.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Megamixer wrote:Workplaces giving you a discipline for having sick time off yet coming in with a genuine doctor's note. I've seen several people at my place have genuine sickness/injury and they get disciplined for it :roll: . So it's your fault if somebody sneezes a virus all over you? It's your fault if you accidentally twist you leg awkwardly and have to have time off? Has the whole world gone insane?
Nope, the company I work for is like that. Ours works on a three colour system. First instance of absence is green, second is amber, next is red, and an investigation into why you were ill. F*ck me, shine a light in my eyes, and play Good Cop, Bad Cop, why don't you. You want evidence? It's at the bottom of my toilet/I'm still wearing the cast/bandage/support. They then say 'oh, you can shift swap, or take it as holiday'. Yeah, as if someone is going to give up their day off to cover. No one in my place does that. People really need to think these things through, as they don't seem to work fairly.
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

necronom wrote:I've just downloaded the Back to the Future demo for the PS3, and it came to the title screen (up to this point I was looking forward to it, as I'm a fan of the film), then I saw three flags at the bottom of the screen to choose the language...

I almost quit and deleted it without trying it, and I still haven't played it. Regardless of how good it it, I won't be buying it now.
I bought a DVD the other day and the only English language option was Australian :? . Weird. Perhaps it was the cheapest way of releasing it? Or perhaps they couldn't be arsed sorting it out properly? Who knows.
JetSetWilly wrote:
Megamixer wrote:Workplaces giving you a discipline for having sick time off yet coming in with a genuine doctor's note. I've seen several people at my place have genuine sickness/injury and they get disciplined for it :roll: . So it's your fault if somebody sneezes a virus all over you? It's your fault if you accidentally twist you leg awkwardly and have to have time off? Has the whole world gone insane?
Nope, the company I work for is like that. Ours works on a three colour system. First instance of absence is green, second is amber, next is red, and an investigation into why you were ill. F*ck me, shine a light in my eyes, and play Good Cop, Bad Cop, why don't you. You want evidence? It's at the bottom of my toilet/I'm still wearing the cast/bandage/support. They then say 'oh, you can shift swap, or take it as holiday'. Yeah, as if someone is going to give up their day off to cover. No one in my place does that. People really need to think these things through, as they don't seem to work fairly.
Then all the tossers who clearly fake illness and have loads of time seem to keep getting 'final' warnings yet never the sack. Something really isn't right with companies these days.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

FatTrucker

Post by FatTrucker » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:32 pm

necronom wrote:I've just downloaded the Back to the Future demo for the PS3, and it came to the title screen (up to this point I was looking forward to it, as I'm a fan of the film), then I saw three flags at the bottom of the screen to choose the language...

Maybe the language is American, they spell and pronounce a lot of stuff differently to us in Blighty.
Darran@Retro Gamer wrote:I've played all the Bratz games and Barbia Horse Adventures, due to having two girls and they are not rubbish in the slightest.
Feel free to add me on XBL.

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:20 pm

FatTrucker wrote:

Maybe the language is American, they spell and pronounce a lot of stuff differently to us in Blighty.
About an hour later I had a go (it was terrible), but I can't remember seeing any spelling mistakes, so it's as I thought - they are trying to claim our language as their own.

Even if it did have American spelling mistakes, it should still be localised for the rest of the English speaking world, and have the mistakes corrected.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:55 pm

The demo really didnt mate me want that game anyway, seemed a very straight forward failproof point and click to me, dunno if it gets better anywhere along the line but i always think a demo should show something epic to make you want it, and a demo with just one half arsed "puzzle" didn't really get me going, pity really as i was looking forward to it
Visit www.youtube.com/replayretro . why? well erm, cos it would be awfully friendly of you to take a look i guess, you don't have to though, nobody will make you *sob sob*

martin_lovick

Post by martin_lovick » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 pm

people delaying payment through ebay!

youve bid on the item and won it so why not pay for it?

I usually finish all listings on a friday and do the post office on saturday when im off work

its so inconvenient having to mess around during the week
Have you played Atari Today?

ebay stuff for sale http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/martin_lovick/m.html

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

^ yeah i agree, i always pay there and then as im normally watching the end of the auction anyway (unless i'm asleep in which case i'll pay first thing when i wake up)
the only exception to this would be when im waiting for payday in which case i contact the seller before bidding to see if they're ok with waiting untill a set date to complete the transaction

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:59 pm

martin_lovick wrote:people delaying payment through ebay!

youve bid on the item and won it so why not pay for it?

I usually finish all listings on a friday and do the post office on saturday when im off work

its so inconvenient having to mess around during the week
You want immediate payment? Use Buy It Now ... or list your items to end earlier in the week.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

ReplayRetro

Post by ReplayRetro » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:04 pm

actually you could also add the "immediate payment required" option to your listings