Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

Antiriad2097

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:13 am

:roll:

Ewoks scamming people on match.com :(
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:35 am

psj3809 wrote:I think everyones gone PC mad. They may be lonely/'vulnerable' but surely you can say stupid as well. Excuses for everything nowadays.

I mean when you hear some of the money handed over surely these people must have a screw loose. Dont think we should feel sorry for people like this, its just utter stupidity. I know they start off slowly, make them fall for them and then come out with some small lies and then get bigger and bigger.

Again i think at some point you do have to say 'dont be stupid' !Leaving your phone at a bar is one thing, taking out about 125k to give to a complete stranger on the internet is something else. When i make a mistake i know i've been stupid

At 'least' these women thought they were falling for someone, the ones who are greedy and give money to a stranger thinking they'll get a share of 28 million dollars are greedy and stupid !

Saying that reading this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29115193

The woman was greedy and stupid - "Winchester Crown Court heard the fictional "James Richards" told women using match.com he needed money to release a £100m inheritance in India."

Sorry no sympathy !
I wish I had that sort of money to give away

then I wouldnt

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:28 am

U2 !

I thought they were anti huge corporates etc ? I actually watched a chunk of that Apple event last night, some of it wasnt bad but it was embarassing hearing all the claps/whoops/cheers from the super geeks.

But U2 coming on at the end doing a crappy new song. Then doing a poorly rehearshed 'how can we get this album out to millions ?' little speech was cringeworthy. After their last album didnt do too well surprise surprise now theyre doing a huge event with Apple to get their album out there and tons of publicity etc.

U2 in their prime were great but its been a while now.

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:55 am

i read something that said that the new U2 album has been automatically pushed to itunes accounts for free?

if they have, and i find thats sitting in my itunes without me wanting it or asking for it, they can f**k right off, and i'm never using itunes again. :evil:

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:00 am

Well its free on the itunes store but you obviously have to download it if you want it. I dont get why youre so angry, its not like Apple will instantly put this album on your iphone ! Its just on the app store ready for people to click 'download for free' thats all. So its like its 'purchased' as its free but nothings downloaded or put on itunes/your iphone

Again their cheesey 'so how do i get the album out there to millions of people ?' rehearsed speech was just embarassing. The other band members were stood there with a funny look on their face like 'yeah yeah i know what youre thinking, this is embarassing......'

thingonaspring

Post by thingonaspring » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:12 am

the thing i read was that it had been pushed and automatically downloaded for you, like an update to something or other.
if that's not the case, then no, i won't have anything to be angry about - i'm not an angry person :D

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:34 am

thingonaspring wrote:the thing i read was that it had been pushed and automatically downloaded for you, like an update to something or other.
if that's not the case, then no, i won't have anything to be angry about - i'm not an angry person :D
I'm with you if it was somehow automatically downloaded, that would be bad bad bad. I think it'll show in your 'purchases' as its free which in a way is a bit annoying but like i say at least its not downloaded

Wasnt impressed by their new song last night either

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:27 am

U2 and Apple have a long relationship, there was a U2 themed iPod a few years back.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 pm

Ebay sellers, so I buy a game that in the picture still had the poster in the box. The game turns up today missing, the poster. Yet another ebay cased opened :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

^related
that ebay seller that does not show a picture of what hes selling, just one showing a model with the words "Buy it now, this item is in stock"

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:38 pm

that ebay seller that does not show a picture of what hes selling, just one showing a model with the words "Buy it now, this item is in stock"
That is a big red flag for me.

The ebay seller in my issue is being a tool :( . However I am now having an issue with Amazon, well a 3rd party seller. The sort is item broken, the seller is not interested in helping. I file an " A - Z" does not help at all, I then try and raise a complaint with Amazon however that did not help. So now I have fired emails off to the press office and the CEO. The item was cheap, however that is no longer the point the seller is a registered business therefore has legal obligations!!!. Looking forward to reading my inbox :)
Rocky

Image Image

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:55 pm

thingonaspring wrote:the thing i read was that it had been pushed and automatically downloaded for you, like an update to something or other.

the album is automatically purchased and put in your download list. You have to manually start it or you can just choose to delete it... nothing to get unhinged about in all honesty. I am aware that their ex manager Paul McGuiness was sniffing about for some royalty payments as some of the songs have been knocking about in the bands rehearsal list for a few years and it has been suggested that this is also helped the band to decide to give away the album for free... that and whatever payment they recieve from Apple for doing so.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

knightintosh

Post by knightintosh » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 am

An iTunes update appeared on my system and it automatically downloaded the album to my purchased list, then about an hour later it was amongst my albums automatically. It's free, yet people are complaining! I've never bought anything by U2 so I gave it a go and I enjoyed it so I'll be keeping it. But if you don't like it, just delete it. No big deal. Like if you get a Christmas present you don't like, you accept it, try it, if you don't like it you sell it or pass it on - you don't rant and censored to the person who gave it to you.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 am

DPrinny wrote:^related
It's the same with books: cartoon renditions of books with the title typed on the front instead of a real photo. When buying books, I want to see the condition and know if there is any damage but a lot of sellers use these dummy images and just put something vague like "good condition". 'Good' doesn't mean the same to everybody. It's understandable if they are a business and have far too much stock to be photographing every item and dissecting the exact condition of each thing but I just steer clear.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:30 am

"good condition". 'Good' doesn't mean the same to everybody.
Or worse "good condition, for age" - what the hell does that mean !!!!
Rocky

Image Image