What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 19, 2014 4:13 pm

Shinobi wrote:[Same here normally 5 chavs in a car wearing puffa jacket and the car is shaking because the music is so loud and this is a hot summer day.. Or 40 something Chav's riding Tiny barbie and Power Ranger bikes.. Remind me of the Simpsons episode with the tall man driving a really small car with his legs sticking out of the window.. And 'Nelson' points and laughs at him in which he replies "Do you find something Humorous about somebody driving a car"?

Yesterday some chav had stopped his car in the road shouting "Oh Baz, fooking safe as fook u knows what i'm saying" Whoever 'Baz' was decided to ignore him, cue a a mixture of obscene and utter moronic gibberish "Oh oh Baz u f'ing sweaty I f'ing swear I'd f'ing spark you like out like! Baz I'd f'ing stick my old boy in your mouth" I could still hear this from halfway down the street... Walking back from town passing wetherdooms I heard "Baz said I was f'ing scum and that I ought to get a job and stop smoking the draw because I'd never amount to anything in my worthless life"
Walking to work this morning (car still lying dead at the side of the road :roll: ), I happily noticed that all of these fools had disappeared now that Monday morning had arrived and more 'normal' people were on the roads going to work.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon May 19, 2014 4:57 pm

That whole thing in the news about a convicted murderer escaping while on a day release...I'm sorry but why the f*** do murderers get a day release in the first place? This country really is useless.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue May 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Megamixer wrote:That whole thing in the news about a convicted murderer escaping while on a day release...I'm sorry but why the f*** do murderers get a day release in the first place? This country really is useless.
Exactly why does these psychos get such perks that are clearly wrong. Must happen A fair bit this escaping lark as it's the latest thing the news is addicted to reporting. Give it another week or so and it will be something else and you will never hear about someone on the run again. It's not like it has never happen other than these last few days. Bet it's quite a high amount on a yearly basis that do a runner.

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed May 21, 2014 2:35 pm

Shinobi wrote:
crusto wrote:
How did chavs happen? It's like they sprang up over night. I see them everywhere but don't know any.
Well on your Naughty Apple said you said Chav's where created when they buy £80 of Random crap on Bejewelled or something or was that your kid? Or maybe the Stork brings them in a blanket when there little chavs!

Mods to save the thread derailment he's now on ignore.. Second person to make my ignore list along with Detective dip censored or Pixil or whatever his name was . Good day to you.......
Well that's gone right over my head :roll: . For the record mods, being as I'm now on his ignore list I have PM'd shinobi to ask what I've actually done to offend him. I'm not sure how agreeing with what somebody says makes you end up being insulted. And what IS making my blood seriously boil is my innocent 7 year old boy being insulted. That I simply cannot have.

Eat your nans pants

sscott

Post by sscott » Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 pm

Megamixer wrote:That whole thing in the news about a convicted murderer escaping while on a day release...I'm sorry but why the f*** do murderers get a day release in the first place? This country really is useless.
Was talking to my best friend who is a clinical psychologist and deals with these very people, who was very neutral in the subject other than to say the stats for offending is incredibly low and open prisons are not actually 'open', for many it's a part of rehabilitation (however unpalatable), however for someone serving multiple life sentences it is certainly hard to explain!

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed May 21, 2014 5:14 pm

-Setting up the new telly with cables all over the place (plugs and connections for the actual TV, the MultiMega, PS2, 360, Xbox, 3DO, Saturn, VHS and a lamp), while a cat's in the room, attacking anything and everything that moves.

-Finally getting it all done, only to find that the "specially made" replacement remote control from Amazon will change the channels, but not alter the volume or input settings.

Growl and so on.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed May 21, 2014 5:17 pm

People doing things like this
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/05/cheeky ... ee-mouths/

Im glad that in this day and age that being different means not having to have piercings or tattoos

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Wed May 21, 2014 6:21 pm

DPrinny wrote:People doing things like this

Im glad that in this day and age that being different means not having to have piercings or tattoos
How did he think of that? I've seen some weird self mutilation stuff before, but that is just odd.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Wed May 21, 2014 7:22 pm

r0jaws wrote:
DPrinny wrote:People doing things like this

How did he think of that? I've seen some weird self mutilation stuff before, but that is just odd.
Saw that earlier. It's his choice but boy do i think it's just wrong. The amount of people who regret even getting ears stretched and getting plastic surgery to fix them is extremely high.

It's unlikely that he is ever going to turn round and decide he's made a mistake. You never know he may get sick of drooling on his lap like an old pensioner.

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Thu May 22, 2014 4:41 am

'What grinds my gears? What grinds my gears?' I'll tell you what grinds my gears...

Just purchased Wolfenstein from my local Tesco (other supermarkets are available), and was annoyed at two experiences...

(1) The disc/manual/cover are separate from the case and have to be sent from their storeroom. I like my new games to be wrapped up neat as I enjoy the experience of opening a new game. (Yes, I am weird)

(2) The so called instruction manual is a folded sheet of (A5?) paper with as bold as brass letter on the header saying, 'Visit our website for full manual'.
I paid £35 for a full game and it's experience thank you. I don't want to download what should come with the actual physical game...

Oh, I miss the days of videogame boxes with all the extras held within.

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Thu May 22, 2014 6:26 am

Aye, that seriously twists my nipples too. How much more expensive is it going to be to add a goddamn manual in? They just end up coming off as cheap. Especially irritating when you buy a LE/CE and it happens!

aztecca

Post by aztecca » Thu May 22, 2014 8:23 am

Kilb wrote:'What grinds my gears? What grinds my gears?' I'll tell you what grinds my gears...

Just purchased Wolfenstein from my local Tesco (other supermarkets are available), and was annoyed at two experiences...

(1) The disc/manual/cover are separate from the case and have to be sent from their storeroom. I like my new games to be wrapped up neat as I enjoy the experience of opening a new game. (Yes, I am weird)

(2) The so called instruction manual is a folded sheet of (A5?) paper with as bold as brass letter on the header saying, 'Visit our website for full manual'.
I paid £35 for a full game and it's experience thank you. I don't want to download what should come with the actual physical game...

Oh, I miss the days of videogame boxes with all the extras held within.
I hate that two when there isnt a manual but having thought about it again i have owned thousands of games and i cant recall ever reading through an i struction book.
SH1T HAPPENS :wink:

gman72

Post by gman72 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:25 am

crusto wrote:
How did chavs happen? It's like they sprang up over night. I see them everywhere but don't know any.
Collectively they are called The Young.
Thats not entirely fair as not all young people are like this by a long shot, but I think Chavs are a society made phenomenon built initially from poor discipline in schools - resulting in the They-Cant-Touch-Me mindset.
Following this is the phenomenon of kids having kids.
The first generation of Chavs that got pumped out of the education system with no sense of discipline nor any particular moral platform have all now had kids at a stupidly young age and have passed their inflated sense of self importance, lack of discipline and the-system-owes-me-something-for-nothing attitude onto their children... and so the cycle continues... these people have no real idea how to function in civilised society and thus create their set of rules on what is right and wrong.
We are to blame.
“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.” —Allen Ginsberg, WD

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:11 am

aztecca wrote:I hate that two when there isnt a manual but having thought about it again i have owned thousands of games and i cant recall ever reading through an i struction book.
Its funny when i was buying Speccy games i loved the instruction manual. Then when i moved onto PC games or Playstation II i never read the instruction manual. I think that is more the case nowadays, if everyone moaned about 'wheres my instruction manual ?' i'm sure they would have one, but i think (in my view) the majority dont care.

As for new games have to be wrapped ? Come on fella ! You must be a nightmare at Xmas if a present comes without wrapping ;)

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu May 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Drivers who feel the need to zoom right to the rear end of your car, back off, zoom back up, back off, wash rinse repeat. It really isn't the hardest task in the world to maintain a steady speed and gap.

Also, Audi drivers...I know this doesn't apply to all Audi drivers (so if there are good ones out there then don't take this to heart!) but why will an Audi driver always be right up your arse trying to do 40 in a 30 zone?
psj3809 wrote:As for new games have to be wrapped ? Come on fella ! You must be a nightmare at Xmas if a present comes without wrapping ;)
This isn't really an uncommon sentiment...if you buy new then you expect it to be sealed. Having a case covered in scuffs etc. isn't really 'new' is it? Admittedly, I'm not overly bothered about these instances as long as the disc and packaging are both sound but I can see why some people absolutely hate it. It really can't be hard to have dummy display cases on the shelf and just keep the real copies sealed in the back or something.