What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

User avatar
rocky1980
Posts: 3303
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:24 am
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by rocky1980 » Thu May 15, 2014 11:26 am

Having to take a day of work to look after Baby Rocky while Mrs Rocky is at the hospital. Is not that fact that I had to take the but the fact everyone we asked to look after him for a few hours was "busy" , yet these same people expect me to drop everything day or night to go fix there shitty cheap computers. I think I will be "busy" next time they need some free IT support
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

User avatar
silvergunner
Posts: 1923
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm
Location: Stockton

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by silvergunner » Fri May 16, 2014 2:38 am

The madness that happens when picking my son up from nursery. You either wait in a small cloak room but if it's full just wait outside. Very rarely other dads there picking the kids up but when they are they are polite like myself asking if someone is in the queue. The woman, Jesus what moaning p1ss ants. Constant pushing in and not waiting sensibly and squeezing in that one room so tight no one can get out if they tried. But what really gets my goat is the constant moaning that the teachers are not let the kids out to the other mums and totally clock watching along with all the tutting etc... Saying "I have three other kids to pick up from infants". Well I tell you what love you should not have had sooooo many kids. The time is 15:00 and the kids don't come out till 15:15 that's the time, deal with it. It's always been that time so quit your jibba jabba. It's not like the school is going to let them walk off without you there. Bloody impatient people.

Things would go so much smoother if everyone did not pack the place up like a cage of battery hens.

Just like those idiots flying down the motorway then cutting across multiple lanes to take the turn off they need making everyone slam the brakes on slowing everyone down. If thy just used some common sense and got in the right lane slightly down the road things would be so much smoother.

User avatar
greenberet79
Posts: 3360
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by greenberet79 » Fri May 16, 2014 4:21 am

/\ That's women for you - can't wait in line, never hold doors open, never say thanks. I realise that post might get me in trouble!

Shouldn't complain about work as some people are struggling to find jobs, BUT... just being given more and more stuff to do, while still having to do the stuf I've always done. It's all very well taking on new stuff (sometimes good, in fact) but when are you expecting me to do all this?
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14969
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Fri May 16, 2014 6:03 am

silvergunner wrote:Just like those idiots flying down the motorway then cutting across multiple lanes to take the turn off they need making everyone slam the brakes on slowing everyone down. If thy just used some common sense and got in the right lane slightly down the road things would be so much smoother.
That annoys me too. If you're on the motorway, coming off at the next junction and the fast lane looks too clogged then just stay left and be in the right lane, even if it means driving a bit slower. I love the fast lane as much as others but there's no point in having to do 80-90 just to clear a load of lorries and slice back in front of them for the exit :roll: . I had to do just that once and felt like a right d*** afterwards.

Also, HGV's...was on the A5 bypass last night and a TNT artic was blasting down the right-hand lane before sharply cutting back into the left between two cars in a space that was only just long enough for the cab + trailer :roll: . And people wonder why parcels get damaged in transit?
greenberet79 wrote:Shouldn't complain about work as some people are struggling to find jobs, BUT... just being given more and more stuff to do, while still having to do the stuf I've always done. It's all very well taking on new stuff (sometimes good, in fact) but when are you expecting me to do all this?
I've had a few new roles myself this year but I nobody else has been utilised to replace me in the areas that I used to work so I still have to do my old jobs at the same time. Then they question why things aren't getting completed? Madness.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
DPrinny
Posts: 24744
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Super Mancyland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Fri May 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Those odd twinges in my knee

Started last Friday when I could barely walk
Arthritis runs in the family apparently,
Why did this have to start when im on a 13 week trial with the Uni?

User avatar
Sel Feena
Posts: 3518
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Sel Feena » Fri May 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Megamixer wrote:
greenberet79 wrote:Shouldn't complain about work as some people are struggling to find jobs, BUT... just being given more and more stuff to do, while still having to do the stuf I've always done. It's all very well taking on new stuff (sometimes good, in fact) but when are you expecting me to do all this?
I've had a few new roles myself this year but I nobody else has been utilised to replace me in the areas that I used to work so I still have to do my old jobs at the same time. Then they question why things aren't getting completed? Madness.
I know those feels. Our most experienced dev is leaving for pastures new, so our boss is having us take handover sessions that pretty much last the day, on top of our normal duties and any projects we have on. Has to be done I guess, but it's pretty horrible.
Image

User avatar
Kilb
Posts: 970
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am
Location: Man of Kent

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Kilb » Sat May 17, 2014 2:38 am

by DPrinny on Fri May 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Those odd twinges in my knee

Started last Friday when I could barely walk
Arthritis runs in the family apparently,
Why did this have to start when im on a 13 week trial with the Uni?
Be careful Mr DPrinny. The twinges in my right knee were caused by the early stages of an arthritic hip, and my knee compensating the weight distribution differently.

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7586
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Shinobi » Sat May 17, 2014 4:44 pm

The hot weather and how every really skinny chavvy scrutters has to stamp they're feet and swing there shoulders in a really over the top way whilst walking like Mr Soft of the trebor mints adverts(You Tube it).. I think its supposed to be a solid walk but they look like they had 24 lemons shoved up there backside either that or there constipated..

Also people who drive there car around the street just for the sake of it.. The amount of muppets who drive hunched over the wheel then drive straight back down but with the seat right back and for some reason always lean to the side when there drive!!
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
Rayne
Posts: 6610
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm
Location: Scotland!

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Rayne » Sat May 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Finally sitting down to play Batman Arkham Origins, cracking the case....and finding Arkham City inside :evil: . It seems game store employees in Canada are just as inept as those in the UK
Image

User avatar
rocky1980
Posts: 3303
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:24 am
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by rocky1980 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 am

The fact it is already Sunday afternoon, where to the weekends go :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

User avatar
Megamixer
Posts: 14969
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:18 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Sun May 18, 2014 1:11 pm

rocky1980 wrote:The fact it is already Sunday afternoon, where to the weekends go :(
No idea but since the weekend is my two most stressful days at work then I'm not complaining :wink:
Shinobi wrote:The hot weather and how every really skinny chavvy scrutters has to stamp they're feet and swing there shoulders in a really over the top way whilst walking like Mr Soft of the trebor mints adverts(You Tube it).. I think its supposed to be a solid walk but they look like they had 24 lemons shoved up there backside either that or there constipated..

Also people who drive there car around the street just for the sake of it.. The amount of muppets who drive hunched over the wheel then drive straight back down but with the seat right back and for some reason always lean to the side when there drive!!
Walking back from work in the heat over the last two days, I noticed that every fifth car was some sort of completely slammed hatchback with black wheels, thunderous exhaust noise and 5 chavs squashed inside :roll: . The heat must bring out the nutcases as most cars are full of idiots shouting random sh*t out of the open windows. Also a bit fed up of most passing cars/cyclists absolutely reeking of dope :|
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

User avatar
TwoHeadedBoy
Posts: 9028
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:55 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Sun May 18, 2014 3:55 pm

Megamixer wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:The fact it is already Sunday afternoon, where to the weekends go :(
No idea but since the weekend is my two most stressful days at work then I'm not complaining :wink:
Monday's my day off, so Sunday is my Friday :D
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

paul1976
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by paul1976 » Sun May 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Walking over a pedestrian crossing on the green man, walk for those in the us, and realising that halfway over a young girl in her Nissan micra isn't going to stop whilst looking at her mobile phone. I stopped and sure enough she went about her way, straight over the crossing and still reading her text or whatever she was doing.
I literally looked about to check I wasn't in the twilight zone and people were shaking their head! :?

User avatar
Shinobi
Posts: 7586
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 am
Location: The Pride Lands

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Shinobi » Sun May 18, 2014 6:39 pm

:p
Last edited by Shinobi on Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Crush the Old Order and CREATE A NEW SOCIETY!"

User avatar
crusto
Posts: 5586
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by crusto » Sun May 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Shinobi wrote:


Same here normally 5 chavs in a car wearing puffa jacket and the car is shaking because the music is so loud and this is a hot summer day.. Or 40 something Chav's riding Tiny barbie and Power Ranger bikes.. Remind me of the Simpsons episode with the tall man driving a really small car with his legs sticking out of the window.. And 'Nelson' points and laughs at him in which he replies "Do you find something Humorous about somebody driving a car"?

Yesterday some chav had stopped his car in the road shouting "Oh Baz, fooking safe as fook u knows what i'm saying" Whoever 'Baz' was decided to ignore him, cue a a mixture of obscene and utter moronic gibberish "Oh oh Baz u f'ing sweaty I f'ing swear I'd f'ing spark you like out like! Baz I'd f'ing stick my old boy in your mouth" I could still hear this from halfway down the street... Walking back from town passing wetherdooms I heard "Baz said I was f'ing scum and that I ought to get a job and stop smoking the draw because I'd never amount to anything in my worthless life"

Town is normally dead weathers hot full of chavs


How did chavs happen? It's like they sprang up over night. I see them everywhere but don't know any.
Image

Eat your nans pants

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests