What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

rocky1980

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 pm

What about people who can't be arsed to flush public or work's toilets? I guess it's bloody difficult to reach forwards and pull a lever :roll:
That happens at my work all the time, I woulds really like to know whats going on in there head. JUST PUSH THE FUSH

People using mobile phones while driving, and its not just making calls I see people daily sending text messages, or Facebook.
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Hearing the phrase "On Ebay" from somebody working in CashConverters,
Yeah SF2t on SNES is worth £20 loose, same with a loose Zelda on Gameboy

Also
The stupid slapper that nearly ran me over today.
If you have dogs (well rats) in your car, dont let them be climbing all over your steering wheel, dash board.
Hope you crash into a wall

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Someone at work today had a spray attachment on their behind, poo all round the sides of the bowl! How do you do that?
Least it's in the bowl. Took my 4 year old son to the beach the other day and he needed the toilet so I dashed him to the only one near by. On the cubicle walls some smack rat I'm guessing decided it would be fun to wipe poo all over the walls :evil: my god it was awful.

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:48 pm

silvergunner wrote:
Antiriad2097 wrote:Someone at work today had a spray attachment on their behind, poo all round the sides of the bowl! How do you do that?
Least it's in the bowl. Took my 4 year old son to the beach the other day and he needed the toilet so I dashed him to the only one near by. On the cubicle walls some smack rat I'm guessing decided it would be fun to wipe poo all over the walls :evil: my god it was awful.
Mmmmmm - how lovely. On the subject of public toilets - a lot of the times they are quite badly maintained. What's with the missing door locks on the the toilet cubicles?

I once saw a vagrant use the urinal then wash and dry his hands - then get this - he decided to puke on the floor. WTF?

Kilb

Post by Kilb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:37 am

I once saw a vagrant use the urinal then wash and dry his hands - then get this - he decided to puke on the floor. WTF?

That's not a very nice Vagrant Story

crusto

Post by crusto » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Kilb wrote:

This guy was obviously a Vandal at Heart.

Eat your nans pants

retrosofer

Post by retrosofer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:44 pm

crusto wrote:
Kilb wrote:

This guy was obviously a Vandal at Heart.
Maybe he had too much at the Wild Arms

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Needing time to slow down when at work so I can get all my jobs done but also wanting it to speed up so that I go home. Gah.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

necronom

Post by necronom » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:20 pm

The news. STILL blaming games for everything bad that happens in the world :evil: They just had a report on the tragic story of the teacher being murdered at school. They then said they couldn't name him, but here is his facebook page, then mentioned he listened to rock bands and played computer games, as though that's the problem. It was annoying and also funny at the same time, as they showed the picture on his site of Crash Bandicoot, that horrific murder slasher 18 certificate game :lol:

Why not mention that he goes to a Catholic school and may have been corrupted by the bible, with all the murder and killing in it? That's worse than Crash Bandicoot, though obviously not the cause either. I'd blame the parents, but mainly him, since he decided to repeatedly stab her.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:11 pm

this^^
omg pressing buttons on a controller and red stuff comes out!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!111

and also people blaming metal bands and saying "it wreck the brain"

like really

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... rebrainier

and also people thinking metal bands are dumb, they are genuine people who mostly went from rags to riches (motorhead being one example - "worst band ever" to no.1 in 6 years) metal is actually quite hard to play.

just my 2 cents ;)

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:56 pm

He must of been one incredibly angry kid to do what he did. It's real sad to think that a kid needed to stab someone. Never mind that it was a teacher who has nothing but his best interest at heart. Before I even heard who it was I stupidly presumed it must of been a male teacher who had been killed not a old woman. Just had images of a male teacher telling him off and making him explode to do what he did.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:13 am

necronom wrote:The news. STILL blaming games for everything bad that happens in the world :evil: They just had a report on the tragic story of the teacher being murdered at school. They then said they couldn't name him, but here is his facebook page, then mentioned he listened to rock bands and played computer games, as though that's the problem. It was annoying and also funny at the same time, as they showed the picture on his site of Crash Bandicoot, that horrific murder slasher 18 certificate game :lol:

Why not mention that he goes to a Catholic school and may have been corrupted by the bible, with all the murder and killing in it? That's worse than Crash Bandicoot, though obviously not the cause either. I'd blame the parents, but mainly him, since he decided to repeatedly stab her.
Well blaming the parents without knowing any real evidence about this is just as over the top as blaming computer games/rock music.

As Chris Rock said what happened to just plain ole 'being crazy' ! Who knows what to blame though, i'm sure scientists have been trying to find out for years, hormones, was it his upbringing, Tom and Jerry cartoons ? Reading about this kid he was one of these 'loner' type ones at school who the other kids thought was odd (heard the same thing about past child killers at school), he played violent computer games so i'm sure we'll get a month of hearing how evil GTA/Dark Souls is etc.

Very very sad situation though

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:17 am

It's why I don't even watch the news anymore. All sensationalist, exaggerated and reported in a way that either sells papers or generates fear.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 pm

It's why I don't even watch the news anymore. All sensationalist, exaggerated and reported in a way that either sells papers or generates fear.

Yep that sums up the "news"
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm

The selfishness/childishness of drug dealers - as in, they see it as acceptable to burn down the salon that a rival's mum has worked her arse off to keep going, whilst also endangering the lives of the other people who live in the building, and rendering a disabled woman's flat unsafe to live in, plus destroying a lot of stock in the charity shop next door.
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.