What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:36 pm

stvd wrote:
psj3809 wrote:But again I wouldn't get a cat. You work, you live in a flat with no cat flap so the poor thing will be locked in all day or locked out all day.
But keeping a bird indoors is fine!
Actuality there is some people that keep indoors cats, my aunt used to keep hers in doors (no talking about pussys as I want to avoid Mrs Slocome type jokes)
Birds are different, as long as they have room to fly abut they are ok, but they are different sized ones, mines a medium sized one, if it was a macaw id have problems.

They can be trained to free fly, but its not wise unless you have had them since birth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD4w_5-LRpw
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 pm

damm traffic almost 2 hours to get home today :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:40 pm

My gears has been ground a few times today. I will elaborate....

1. My man flu - quite possibly the worst strain experienced in my near 37 years of existence. I can't effing breathe man, and it aches, it all aches! :twisted:

2. Red tape at work, won't bore with the details, just happened to waste 4 hours of graft and effort because of it.

3. Yet more road related gear grinding. Today it was a nip swerve clogger that bugged me. One of these times I am just gonna keep going rather than slam on the anchors to accommodate someone else's stupidity.

Eat your nans pants

TheDude18

Post by TheDude18 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:12 pm

My right leg.

Had problems with my knee for years, but acting like a typical man (i.e. Stupid)I would just shrug it off and carry on. A few days later and I was back to normal. After yet another rugby comeback, the pain returned. But this time it wouldn't go, it just got slowly worse. Long story short, lots of trips to the docs, painkillers (Which made me feel worse) Scans, x-rays and so on it turns out I have a tumour on my femur bone.
I'm now waiting for a biopsy and then an operation which will take place in Birmingham. And while that sounds very serious and could well be, We are very positive on the outcome an sure that everything will be dandy. No need to panic yet. Currently wearing a leg cast which makes me look like Robocop's fatter, shorter brother. But bar that we are all good. The pain can be excruciating at times but it the waiting that really hurting..................

necronom

Post by necronom » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 pm

:(

I hope it all works out well for you.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Not being able to find Smart price mothers day cards

Theres some on Ebay.

They cost more than a proper card and for the purposes of a joke (the cheap card always has the words "Now ask for the proper one" inside) I dont want to pay that
*The Nights of gaming * My inane prattle * Youtube page* new reviews Wednesday and Saturday

SoupDragon

Post by SoupDragon » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:59 pm

Im playing MGS Ground Zeroes. Kiefer Sutherland as Snake? Young MGS players won't understand but how can I put it? Imagine Dirty Harry being remade with Justin Bieber. It feels like that.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:37 am

People that worry about things long before they have to.

New pound coin coming out? - hey what about my pound token ive got on my keys for the shopping trolley? thats useless now then?? and all those machines that will have to be changed..

Ive just bought a new phone charger and now theyre saying there is going to be a law that one charger fits all??

"Im never setting foot on a plane after that one they cant find...." -
me :"you going away this year then?" -
them -"nope cant afford it"

Im trying to do that go without sugar diet but finding stuff without sugar is beyond im just drinking diet coke and eating grapes...

me - you do know there is masses of sugar in both - the grapes defo, anything ending in ose or has syrup after it on a food label will be sugar and diet stuff has sweeteners.
them - oh i dont think i eat foods ending it ose.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Having nothing to do in work

Same old football conversations in work
Its like the "Endless 8", only far more tedious

Its either that or the Polish talking very loudly in there own tongue
Or the smokers
RetroAerosmith wrote: Ive just bought a new phone charger and now theyre saying there is going to be a law that one charger fits all??

Im trying to do that go without sugar diet but finding stuff without sugar is beyond im just drinking diet coke and eating grapes...
Almost all phones have a Micro USB slot, apart from Apples things, they have to be awkward

Im on sweetener and dont really drink fizzy drinks unless i need to give my brain a kick start (Energy drinks have no effect)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:23 pm

How do you talk with someone else's tongue?
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:49 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:How do you talk with someone else's tongue?
With a knife and staples

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:14 am

Moaning last night that i never have time to watch the backlog of stuff on my sky + box...im talking stuff since before christmas...

power cut this morning, came on then electric went off again in a minute...hour later came on then off again...its on now.
went to watch something on sky and the HDrive has an error...googling this "diskless mode" error seems that the initial option is to format the hdrive...

Hdrive formatted, all my saved stuff gone...not sure if i should take it as a sign of a life wasting or not.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:33 pm

ebay being an overpriced rip-off. Was looking at those Namco PS1 arcade sticks yesterday and I know they are good as well as sought after so I wasn't expecting them to be mega cheap but people want £90 for them on BIN prices!

Also, people with crap descriptions where items have blurred photos and they can't be bothered to expand on 'sold as seen'...well, it's a bit difficult to see anything with shite images...

I dunno...seems that anything I've been after lately has either been overpriced or too badly described to take a risk on. Guess that's just the way it is.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 pm

Megamixer wrote:ebay being an overpriced rip-off. Was looking at those Namco PS1 arcade sticks yesterday and I know they are good as well as sought after so I wasn't expecting them to be mega cheap but people want £90 for them on BIN prices!
That's just one eejit with an optimistic BIN. He has a 'best offer' option on it, so try offering him something more sensible. Looking at the listings for completed items, they seem to have been selling for about half that price. Overseas prices are nearer £25, so you might want to look at those, though shipping costs might make that no better than one of the better local buys.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

rednoggy

Post by rednoggy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:37 pm

People who beg for overtime and then moan through their whole shift.