What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

commanderkaiser

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by commanderkaiser » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:General error. I am starting to think of this place as the General Error forum.
It's quite telling when I google Retro Gamer forum my second result is Retro Gamer Forum down. Seems every time I try and come on here there is some kind of error. Not good for this place really how can new members be expected to join and contribute if most of the time the forum is down, if this was my first time posting here and it happened a few more times I don't think I'd ever of bothered to get involved.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:50 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:If you don't like them, why invite them? I cut loads of family from my wedding. I don't feel remotely bad about it.

General error. I am starting to think of this place as the General Error forum.
i've been debating whether i should for months, i feel bad because at the end of the day we are still family and there arent that many of us (dad has 2 sisters, each had 2 children etc), what has annoyed me is that my auntie wont return my dads phonecalls, if she was anyone else i would say 'thats your brother ffs, get off your backside and start treating him like family'

if it gets to within about 4 weeks of the rsvp date and we havent been able to contact them i think i will be perfectly justified in saying 'f**k it, off the list they go'

that would be £170 saved already.

oh and the other thing that annoys me is my mate's wife, their baby is due 2 weeks before the wedding, if the kid comes early they wont be turning up and if she hasnt had it she'll be making it all about her. shame because my mate was a top bloke until she came along and cut his gonads off

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:45 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:If you don't like them, why invite them? I cut loads of family from my wedding. I don't feel remotely bad about it.

General error. I am starting to think of this place as the General Error forum.
Yeah i'm getting ready to jump ship. If the techys cant be bothered to fix the forum (as its embarassing when it goes down as much as... (i better not say !) then sod it.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Impatient drivers. When you're driving down a 20mph road and taking high speed bumps carefully, do you really need some ass in a van almost touching your back bumper while they zig zag side-to-side before flooring it around the outside, flying over speed bumps? FFS, learn how not to be a d**k - please :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm

top bloke until she came along and cut his gonads off
Mate wait till after the kid is born you will never see your mate at all
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:16 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
that happened as soon as i got with my missus, his wife is notoriously jealous and generally unpleasant about women unless they are her friends, they have been together about 6 years and still i'm his friend rather than a friend of the couple

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:23 pm

rocky1980 wrote:

that happened as soon as i got with my missus, his wife is notoriously jealous and generally unpleasant about women unless they are her friends, they have been together about 6 years and still i'm his friend rather than a friend of the couple
I have a mate who's other half kept trying to cut him off from all his friends, she thought that they only friend he needed was her. It has all just ended she blames him for not wanting to be with her 24/7 365 with no social life or hobbies yet it was ok for her to go out every other night going to her fitness classes etc.
Rocky

Image Image

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
rocky1980 wrote:

I have a mate who's other half kept trying to cut him off from all his friends, she thought that they only friend he needed was her. It has all just ended she blames him for not wanting to be with her 24/7 365 with no social life or hobbies yet it was ok for her to go out every other night going to her fitness classes etc.
she is a total pain, he came round to help me once and she decided that she wanted picking up from somewhere, his answer was 'i'm round at andy's helping him with something', and her reply was a screeched 'what are you doing there? come and pick me up right NOW'

he hasnt been round on his own since, my stag do is in a couple of months, that should be a laugh

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:16 pm

The conversations about football in work
Its the same s**t every break time

they dont watch Rugby or any other sport
It nearly broke out into a fight the other day, seriously, its only a game

crusto

Post by crusto » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 am

Mugby

Eat your nans pants

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 pm

he hasnt been round on his own since, my stag do is in a couple of months, that should be a laugh
Mate, I can tell you now that he is 100% not going. She will not allow it, he might give you some other BS reason however that will be the real one.
I spoke with my mate today, even though it is over with his other half he is not moving out. He thinks it will be better for the kids if he stays. So that will never work in the long run and will end in a massive mess
Rocky

Image Image

dste

Post by dste » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:56 pm

flatapex wrote:My cousins. if they don't pull their fingers out they can whistle
Would have already been cut if it was me. Life is too short too be messed around, especially on your wedding day.
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:00 pm

rocky1980 wrote:
Mate, I can tell you now that he is 100% not going. She will not allow it, he might give you some other BS reason however that will be the real one.
I spoke with my mate today, even though it is over with his other half he is not moving out. He thinks it will be better for the kids if he stays. So that will never work in the long run and will end in a massive mess
I agree totally mate and she will twist it as well, I was ill at the time that he had his (really big anxiety attacks, sickness, panic attacks on my way to work etc) but even though she knows I have had the same, it will all be about how lousy a friend I am.
If thats what will happen then thats fine, my medication ends in just over 6 weeks, I can go back on alcohol just in time for play Blackpool (not planned that way but handy) if he or anyone else doesn't come on the date I arrange they don't come, I wont give anyone the sort of hard time he gave me.

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:04 pm

dste wrote:
flatapex wrote:My cousins. if they don't pull their fingers out they can whistle
Would have already been cut if it was me. Life is too short too be messed around, especially on your wedding day.
They are very close to being cut, the worst part is my aunty not returning my dad's phone calls, thats no way to treat a sibling

dste

Post by dste » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:46 am

flatapex wrote:They are very close to being cut, the worst part is my aunty not returning my dad's phone calls, thats no way to treat a sibling
You should meet my family, that's classed as being nice. :lol:
Game Over Yeah - My Blog
Game Over Yeah - Facebook
Megamixer wrote:I never find it relaxing! Trying to hold onto my rings and not get hit by things is stressful!