What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

DPrinny

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Being told months ago that the job where you can go places

The only bloody place I can go is to a different building, no better job roles going at all

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:37 pm

retrosofer wrote:People who double dip the knife in the butter when spreading it on toast, its really annoying finding a ton of toast crumbs in the butter when going to make a sandwich, why cant people put enough butter on the knife in the first place.
What if it's more than one slice of toast :wink: that's a bloody big censored of butter that's needs taking off in one go

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:55 pm

necronom wrote:Idiotic trolls like THIS.
Thank you for making me nearly put my fist through my laptop! :lol: What an utter, utter tool.

JetSetWilly

Post by JetSetWilly » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Sel Feena wrote:
necronom wrote:Idiotic trolls like THIS.
Thank you for making me nearly put my fist through my laptop! :lol: What an utter, utter tool.
Captain Tw@t has reported for duty at The Telegraph, I see. So, in writing utter trash like that, he's basically calling every program writer, game maker, Bill Gates (or whoever wrote Windows), Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and anyone else who makes programs, weirdos. Well, anyone who write for The Telegraph is a fecking weirdo. That has actually ground my gears :x :x
JSW's Guff Emporium! <- My bit of t'internet.
IronMaidenRule wrote:I want to be a mighty warrior that can give people Vajjazles with a swing of his mighty sword, and also replenish health with communal Merkins!....I would like to be called....Norman!

flatapex

Post by flatapex » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:48 pm

the idiot in the music shop I was in yesterday in Dublin:

she was walking round with a small child and pointed at a velvet underground album and said ''thats a funny one it has a banana on the front''

LISTEN YOU IGNORAMUS, THAT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST ALBUMS EVER MADE, ITS COVER WAS DESIGNED BY ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ARTISTS OF THE MODERN AGE, ITS NOT FUNNY BECAUSE IT HAS A F****NG BANANA ON IT :evil:

NOW GO HOME AND TEACH YOUR KID WHAT REAL MUSIC IS BEFORE I CALL SOCIAL SERVICES

and breath andy :lol:

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm surprised someone wrote for the Telegraph about something other than cricket!

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:29 pm

Cricket.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:48 am

Drivers who swerve all over the road avoiding every crack in the road they can :evil: your car was designed to take a few bumps. Big lot holes I understand but come off it people your car ain't like a circus clowns car and fall apart from just looking at it. Seems to be more 4x4 drivers doing this in my area to :?: what idiots

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:54 pm

silvergunner wrote:Drivers who swerve all over the road avoiding every crack in the road they can :evil: your car was designed to take a few bumps. Big lot holes I understand but come off it people your car ain't like a circus clowns car and fall apart from just looking at it. Seems to be more 4x4 drivers doing this in my area to :?: what idiots
I'll have to admit that I'm guilty of this sometimes but only if the road is completely clear and it isn't dangerous to the flow of traffic/pedestrians. The previous car I had ended up with a cracked coil spring from potholes/speed bumps so I try not to encourage it to happen again. Plus, driving over sunken drains with a hard sports suspension isn't very much fun! People doing it in 4x4's though is inexcusable as they were meant for tough terrain...a few potholes aren't going to rival off-road conditions :roll:

What I hate is slowing down for big speed bumps and yet the people behind don't seem to acknowledge and keep barreling towards the back of my car. If they want to fly over bumps then they can but I'm not going to smash over them at speed and cause damage to my car just so they can do 30 in a 20 zone :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Megamixer wrote:
silvergunner wrote:Drivers who swerve all over the road avoiding every crack in the road they can :evil: your car was designed to take a few bumps. Big lot holes I understand but come off it people your car ain't like a circus clowns car and fall apart from just looking at it. Seems to be more 4x4 drivers doing this in my area to :?: what idiots
I'll have to admit that I'm guilty of this sometimes but only if the road is completely clear and it isn't dangerous to the flow of traffic/pedestrians. The previous car I had ended up with a cracked coil spring from potholes/speed bumps so I try not to encourage it to happen again. Plus, driving over sunken drains with a hard sports suspension isn't very much fun! People doing it in 4x4's though is inexcusable as they were meant for tough terrain...a few potholes aren't going to rival off-road conditions :roll:

What I hate is slowing down for big speed bumps and yet the people behind don't seem to acknowledge and keep barreling towards the back of my car. If they want to fly over bumps then they can but I'm not going to smash over them at speed and cause damage to my car just so they can do 30 in a 20 zone :roll:
Cracked coils happen eventually. But have to agree about the speed bumps and others not slowing. Gets my goat that one. Always tends to be taxi drivers round here. Even had one beep the hell at me in a mini bus as I was waiting at a junction and he decided he wanted to cut across the front of my car even though there was enough room for a truck :evil: f'ing taxi drivers :evil:

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Take it from me, coil springs don't break from hitting bumps.. they're designed to well basically spring.. hitting potholes etc has more chance of knocking ball joints out, bending suspension arms, track rods, if a spring breaks it has just come to the end of it's life..

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:10 pm

A few days ago I sortof asked one of the girls I work with if she fancied going to the cinema to see the apparently excellent Gravity sometime. She declined and said it wasn't really her type of thing so I left it at that. Today one of the other guys mentioned the film to her, so right in front of me she immediately says she'd love to go with him and is free tomorrow

Sel Feena

Post by Sel Feena » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Hate people like that, why can't they just be honest and say they're not interested? Save a lot of time all round! On a related note, I can't stand it when people try to start gossipping with me. If you're going to talk about other people behind their back to me, it's a fairly sure thing that you're going to talk about me to others. Jog on.

commanderkaiser

Post by commanderkaiser » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah I tend to avoid people who gossip like that. Whenever people I know do though I tend to just listen and take as little part in the conversation as I possibly can usually just by nodding and saying yeah every now and then.

What is grinding my gears at the moment though is I've ordered something from Japan on ebay. Had been about a week or so and still no dispatch so I messaged the seller, apparently it has been sent out the day before the message but they haven't marked it on ebay. Now it's just a waiting game to see if it has actually been sent or not. I have had sellers not mark it as sent before and I've received the item fine so I'm not too worried.

koopa42

Post by koopa42 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 pm

I have a PHD is gossip. I worked in an all female (apart from me) environment for 3 years...... it's an eye opener make no mistake, brutal stuff, properly brutal, women be crazy :?
Last edited by koopa42 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.