What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

samhain81

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by samhain81 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:11 am

Megamixer wrote:
silvergunner wrote:People who don't drive the speed limit. Don't get me wrong I drive to the speed limit 99% of the time but it bugs me for example when you have someone driving at 30mph down a 50mph stretch of road holding everyone up. Then all of a sudden that speed limit for the road comes down to say 30mph but the fecker is more than happy to break the speed limit and do 40mph+ :evil: talk about annoying.
I really hate it when you're doing 30mph in a speed camera zone for example and cars behind come zooming right up behind then follow really closely. Yeah, I'm sure you were only doing 30 when you were rapidly catching me up :roll:

Also, cars that overtake you on 30mph roads as if you're going too slow :roll:
For anyone thats up my car's ass, I have one thing to say to them and its stuck on the back of my car. The amount of tailgaters have decreased tenfold :D

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:07 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A few years after I upload it they decide that im not allowed to have it on there

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:29 pm

TV, we now have the best part of a 1000 channels and there is nothing to watch :( it really is sad that I spend more on youtube now. I would love to cancel the sky but the Mrs will not have it.
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:20 pm

People at the pool that dont wait till another person is at least half way ahead to start swimming.
Yeah im swimming 50+ lengths so ill go as slow as I want if you don't like it go to another lane
Its not like the pool is full

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Finally upgrading to Windows 7 and a bran dnew PC, but being unable to get rid of the weird effect where text thickness varies across the page. Tried updated the drivers, turning off text smoothing and messing around with true type, but just can't get it right.

Also buying a £45 shaver and finding it's complete crap

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Are you using a standard monitor?

If so, try adjusting the phasing and dot clock or use the auto adjust if it has one.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:42 am

DPrinny wrote:Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
A few years after I upload it they decide that im not allowed to have it on there

It seems theyre having the annual crackdown....woke up to 12 emails saying that due to copyright these have been removed. Theyve been up for like 2 years and have thousands of comments.

Its my second warning and my channel will soon be shut down....I know i dont own the copyright but where else can you view stuff thats never going to be released anytime soon....even Iain said in this months mag he was off to watch some pole position on youtube....there isnt an official pole position upload so Iain would have been sorely dissapointed if someone hadnt uploaded one

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:21 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote:I know i dont own the copyright but where else can you view stuff thats never going to be released anytime soon....even Iain said in this months mag he was off to watch some pole position on youtube....there isnt an official pole position upload so Iain would have been sorely dissapointed if someone hadnt uploaded one
Pole Position is available on DVD, I found it in a charity shop.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:45 pm

RetroAerosmith wrote: It seems theyre having the annual crackdown....woke up to 12 emails saying that due to copyright these have been removed. Theyve been up for like 2 years and have thousands of comments.

Its my second warning and my channel will soon be shut down....I know i dont own the copyright but where else can you view stuff thats never going to be released anytime soon....even Iain said in this months mag he was off to watch some pole position on youtube....there isnt an official pole position upload so Iain would have been sorely dissapointed if someone hadnt uploaded one
It is annoying when its only a snippet of something. if its the full thing its understandable

Most annoying was my "Is my parrot possessed" video where they muted the audio, the audio made the video what it was
They wont even let me upload anything over ten minutes or live stream

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:02 pm

^^^ Thought you mentioned (a while back) that you used Blip TV instead of Youtube? Hard to see why so many people bother with YT anymore - hard to see the point when almost anything can be banned due to copyright.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 pm

That remided me
http://blip.tv/MikeMotion/youtube-rage-4194429

Blip.tv is better, but fewer people use it and it dont work on all devices.

Thing is with Youtube Nintendo started to be dicks about things and telling people what to do in there videos.
At least Video games Awesome had a laugh about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_uYuA08 ... tEqyzk5TUE

It feels like videos should be more professional on there

Not stuff like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvYIrel8TcU

necronom

Post by necronom » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

Negative Creep wrote:Finally upgrading to Windows 7 and a brand new PC, but being unable to get rid of the weird effect where text thickness varies across the page. Tried updated the drivers, turning off text smoothing and messing around with true type, but just can't get it right.
It sounds like you don't have the resolution set to the native monitor resolution. Also, as mentioned above, press the auto-adjust afterwards if it's still not quite right.
The Retro Gaming League _ -= My YouTube Videos =-
The eighties aren't over. I'll say when the eighties are over. The eighties are never over! You don't just turn off the eighties! - Jack Howitzer, GTA V

Balders

Post by Balders » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 pm

People who don't indicate when changing lanes have been censored me loads lately.

Also, my neighbour who seems to think that every time he sneezes he's in the running for an oscar for most explosive sneeze.

silvergunner

Post by silvergunner » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Balders wrote:People who don't indicate when changing lanes have been censored me loads lately.

Also, my neighbour who seems to think that every time he sneezes he's in the running for an oscar for most explosive sneeze.
It's the feckers who change lane then indicate that have me tearing my hair out

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:01 am

People who are too lazy to take shopping trolleys back to the bay holding area. Just got back from Tesco watched a hefty twosome fill their boot and leave the trolley roll away, they got in the car giggling and drove off, i felt like running to their trolley and putting it in front of the car before they could leave.