What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

silvergunner

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by silvergunner » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Looking at this site on my iPhone as a sodding video banner keeps popping open every page I open :evil: its doing my nut closing it down repeatedly

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:42 am

The hot water isn't working and the cat has just thrown up on the floor. Great start to the year.

rupert

Post by rupert » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:50 am

tachi wrote:People who use the bus lane to skip traffic queues and hop ahead of others on the entrance ramp to a carpark.
I find myself wishing them all the ills of the world.

There is a road in Salford (near Oasis aquarium if you are from the area) coming out of Manchester which is slightly wider than usual but still one lane that later splits into two for straight on and clearly marked turning right only at a crossroads with one set of lights (no filter arrow). Its quite a busy road between about 16:00 and 18:00 and I use it for my route home sometimes. The amount of times is ridiculous that cars speed past all the queue into the right turn only lane and then continue straight on, thus pushing in and forcing the correct drivers to in some cases slam on! It happens nearly every time there is a queue.

You can tell this isn't innocent motorists that don't know the area because it is nearly always an Audi, BMW or Taxi. I try my best to obstruct their progression if I'm going through the lights at the time of it happening and have had furious censored heads screaming at me on a couple of occasions when it is actually them in the wrong.

I am guilty of wishing for their death many times, it sounds harsh but at the time of the event it feels like a fitting punishment :oops: :evil:

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 am

silvergunner wrote:Looking at this site on my iPhone as a sodding video banner keeps popping open every page I open :evil: its doing my nut closing it down repeatedly
Thanks!! I thought it was just mine.

Im sick of seeing it, really is annoying. Its like being taken to a youtube link without asking....numerous times.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:20 am

^Make sure you mention it in this thread...

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=39511

More people moaning about it they might do something to change it. Never did this before, only with the recent imagine banner ad

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am

Placed an order with Amazon on Saturday evening, item in stock, dispatched within 24 hours, 3-5 days delivery etc. Confirmation of order email received, stating dispatch date of 31st Dec 2012 with delivery estimate between 3rd & 5th Jan 2013.

As of this afternoon, the item has still not been dispatched. I was going to leave it a little longer, until I received an email from Amazon recommending me to purchase the same item I have already ordered! I decided to cancel the order and try elsewhere, bah :)

Andy L

Post by Andy L » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 am

T-Mobile's endless marketing texts. Have texted STOP to two different numbers and phoned up twice to get them stopped but they still keep coming! Spam of any kind infuriates me, enough for me to leave when my contract runs out even though reception/speeds etc have been very good...

pratty

Post by pratty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:18 pm

Andy L wrote:T-Mobile's endless marketing texts. Have texted STOP to two different numbers and phoned up twice to get them stopped but they still keep coming! Spam of any kind infuriates me, enough for me to leave when my contract runs out even though reception/speeds etc have been very good...
Surely that's harrassment then if you've already told them twice, tell them you'll go to both Ofcom and the police.

Currently grinding my gears: I returned a DVD (sent to me in error) back to the company it came from and am waiting for my postage to be refunded as promised. I sent it recorded delivery as they themselves recommended, according to Royal Mail's tracking it was delivered (and signed for) on the 21st of December, I emailed the company today and they told me they still haven't recieved the item. :?

Postal issue is sorted, the company in question just told me wrong.

However I've just had two annoying calls this afternoon from somebody called "Salon Tenchical Support" telling me I had trouble with my compouter and Windows. :roll: Have these scammers no shame?

On the second call I said I didn't even have a computer, I think next time I'll tell them I work for Microsoft and see how they react to that.
Last edited by pratty on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 am

People that see an elderly person with her arm in a sling trying to carry some bags,

Seriously out of the 20 (most of them weren't carrying anything) or so people at the train station I was the only one that helped her?
If she was getting off at the same station id of helped her to get a taxi as well.

Youtube,
After nearly three years after I have uploaded a video they deicide to block it. (Was my DrWho/Power rangers one)
is not like other people haven't done the same. add on o hat all here messing me about in the past
http://blip.tv/MikeMotion/youtube-rage-4194429

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 am

When stuff just doesn't work. I currently have three things in a state of repair:

- SNES with a dead cart slot (no amount of alcohol cleaning or P1200 paper will revive it)
- Phat PS2 that scratches discs
- Printer that refuses to print black ink for some reason.

Basically, loads of broken tech that is piling up in the repair corner! I do like to save things rather than give up and bin them though so the repairs continue...
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Over priced buy it now's on evil bay. Just because you think a game is worth ££££ does not make it so
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

crusto

Post by crusto » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Apple and BT

I want tech support as my iOS devices are refusing to sync over wifi even though they've been enabled.

Apple tried to charge me £25 for advice for my iPod touch.
And then they tried to charge me £69.99 for advice on my ipad. Guess what my response was?

I then tried BT to see if is a router firewall issue. After spending an age trying to understand each others "accents" I have to endure some insane waffle about how my ipad doesn't have sufficient memory to sync ith my iTunes account (Ipad=64gb iTunes=16gb) once the guy realises I know he's bullshitting he tells me it will cost me £13.99 for a techie to resolve the issue.

Gears very successfully ground.

Eat your nans pants

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:04 pm

The enjoyable experience that is the combination of Sky tech support, BT Open Reach, a faulty phone cable and Christmas/ New Year.
For the last 2 months I have had the privilege of paying an absolute fortune for, what is optimistically termed "intermittent service".
I've cracked a tooth over this one.

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:11 pm

rupert wrote:
tachi wrote:People who use the bus lane to skip traffic queues and hop ahead of others on the entrance ramp to a carpark.
I find myself wishing them all the ills of the world.

There is a road in Salford (near Oasis aquarium if you are from the area) coming out of Manchester which is slightly wider than usual but still one lane that later splits into two for straight on and clearly marked turning right only at a crossroads with one set of lights (no filter arrow). Its quite a busy road between about 16:00 and 18:00 and I use it for my route home sometimes. The amount of times is ridiculous that cars speed past all the queue into the right turn only lane and then continue straight on, thus pushing in and forcing the correct drivers to in some cases slam on! It happens nearly every time there is a queue.

You can tell this isn't innocent motorists that don't know the area because it is nearly always an Audi, BMW or Taxi. I try my best to obstruct their progression if I'm going through the lights at the time of it happening and have had furious censored heads screaming at me on a couple of occasions when it is actually them in the wrong.

I am guilty of wishing for their death many times, it sounds harsh but at the time of the event it feels like a fitting punishment :oops: :evil:
Happened again on my way home, 2 Audi's flew past all the traffic to the front of the turn right only lane. However I managed to move over and block them both as soon as the lights changed then I procedded to drive at about 20 mph until my turn off :)

I need to get a life :D

alistair_thomas

Post by alistair_thomas » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Upgraded my phone contract with o2 yesterday, and whilst doing so (online) there was no mention about my current contract being affected until the new sim card arrives. However, it turns out they've cut off my data connection, without warning. Checked the delivery estimate of the new sim and it says the standard 3-5 days, so it won't arrive until mid next week. Grrr!