What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Megamixer

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Megamixer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:34 am

RetroAerosmith wrote:My gripe today is Sky+ recording. although its probably the tv channel themselves...

Recorded the penultimate episode of Hatfields and Mcoys on channel 5...just as an important conversation starts, they say something like "the important thing is..." and the file ends saying end of programme...
I'm having flashbacks to VideoPlus here :lol: . I remember constantly getting the first five minutes or the tail end of a film cut off thanks to the tape player not recording it properly. In fairness it's down to the channel I suppose. The recorder will activate for the specified time frame but if something over-runs or the schedule is delayed for some reason then there's nothing that can be done about it.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

Rei00

Post by Rei00 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 am

I hate stupid facebook posts about how people lost their baby weight and can now fit in their pre preggers shorts.
Really, i dont need to know about that.

psj3809

Post by psj3809 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 am

Rei00 wrote:I hate stupid facebook posts about how people lost their baby weight and can now fit in their pre preggers shorts.
Really, i dont need to know about that.
Reason 234234 why Facebook can be a pain. Just delete them, they'll get the hint

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 am

People calling the WiiU a failure because it did not 100% sell out on launch day in the USA
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 am

People coming on the course for a job that starts at 0630 saying that they hate getting up early

Seriously?
rocky1980 wrote:People calling the WiiU a failure because it did not 100% sell out on launch day in the USA
Nintendos last console...............................

crusto

Post by crusto » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Working with family, and getting vilified for trying to keep a clear head when all around you can't do the same.

Eat your nans pants

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 am

So Manchester Gamestation finally becomes Game and about a billion times worse in the process.

"Sorry dude we had to cancel your pre-order of Lego LOTR as we had to make room for WiiU stock dude."

So why did you contact my wife yesterday to say you had a copy for us?"

"well you've not put down a deposit dude, so you've not lost anything dude."

Well aside from having to spend half my lunch time freezing my bits off going into town & about half an hour waiting in a queue as you lot tried to shovel a load of stuff to confused parents that they don't need & now I've got to work an hour later today to make up the time....I've suffered the indignity of being called "dude" four times.

Still, just found it online for a fiver cheaper, no wonder the high street is struggling.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

greenberet79

Post by greenberet79 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 am

Rei00 wrote:I hate stupid facebook.
Fixed!
"Very soon our luck will change, we'll do what we need to do to win matches, and we'll fly."

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:32 am

My natural instinct to help people.

Seriously I was in the building for the course as soon as it opens to help someone type his stuff on a application form,
This also included me practically writing full sections for him.
Still he said if he gets the job he will get me a big bottle of whiskey.

Negative Creep

Post by Negative Creep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Finding the car door locks had frozen solid, and having to get in via the boot

rupert

Post by rupert » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 pm

Dominic Monaghan's voice on Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan. I can't work out if its just his voice that annoys me or him in general, but I like the actual programme. It was the same problem with that Robson Green fishing programme :evil:

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 pm

the_hawk wrote:So Manchester Gamestation finally becomes Game and about a billion times worse in the process.

"Sorry dude we had to cancel your pre-order of Lego LOTR as we had to make room for WiiU stock dude."

So why did you contact my wife yesterday to say you had a copy for us?"

"well you've not put down a deposit dude, so you've not lost anything dude."

Well aside from having to spend half my lunch time freezing my bits off going into town & about half an hour waiting in a queue as you lot tried to shovel a load of stuff to confused parents that they don't need & now I've got to work an hour later today to make up the time....I've suffered the indignity of being called "dude" four times.

Still, just found it online for a fiver cheaper, no wonder the high street is struggling.
That's a bad do, what are Game playing at?

That excuse doesn't even make sense, they couldn't find space in the shop for one copy of Lego LOTR? They couldn't even keep it under the counter for you, or the staff room, or even the cupboard under the stairs? :?
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

TwoHeadedBoy

Post by TwoHeadedBoy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:19 pm

the_hawk wrote:So Manchester Gamestation finally becomes Game and about a billion times worse in the process.
Sorry, I find it really hard to picture you angry!
My comics blog (mostly lesser-known UK stuff from the 80s and 90s)
C=Style wrote:It's always refreshing and nice to see someone such as TwoHeadedBoy who is a SNES hating bastard at the best of times rate a SNES game so highly.

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Modern TVs not having power-off buttons. Really winds me up. I know the power consumption in standby mode per TV isn't high, but then if you count together all the TVs in the country that lack power-off buttons then that's a lot of wasted energy. Plus, some of us don't like having a bright red light in the corner of the room when we're trying to sleep, and some of us have to put our TVs in places where the mains plug is hard to reach.
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

Hitman_HalStep

Post by Hitman_HalStep » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:34 pm

^i thought my tv didn't turn off but i found that when in stand by if you hold the standby button for a couple of seconds (on the tv not the remote) it fully powers off,not saying it will work with yours but might be worth a try.
"i swear the thing is evolving before my eyes,if you see something this big with eight legs heading towards you let me know,i have to kill it before it develops language skills"