What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Rayne » Sat May 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Orrr you know, we could build a nice big wall along the border and give Scotland it's independence...let us get on with it...

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat May 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Rayne wrote:Orrr you know, we could build a nice big wall along the border and give Scotland it's independence...let us get on with it...
+1
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat May 05, 2012 4:51 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Rayne wrote:Orrr you know, we could build a nice big wall along the border and give Scotland it's independence...let us get on with it...
+1
Did you ever watch the movie Doomsday? The plot is essentially that :lol: they block off Scotland and in the process turn us into cannibal goth punks/knights of the medieval times.

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat May 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Rayne wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:
+1
Did you ever watch the movie Doomsday? The plot is essentially that :lol: they block off Scotland and in the process turn us into cannibal goth punks/knights of the medieval times.
Not seen that movie but I like the sound of it already! If George Galloway makes a cameo appearance and gets eaten by a cannibal then I'm sold on it! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat May 05, 2012 5:08 pm

...says the guy who's hightailing it over to Canada...

I'm all for independence, just not Alex Salmonds vision. All that guy is interested in is being the hero who finally freed us from the oppressors, f*cking moron.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat May 05, 2012 5:08 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Rayne wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote: +1
Not seen that movie but I like the sound of it already! If George Galloway makes a cameo appearance and gets eaten by a cannibal then I'm sold on it! :lol:
The funniest thing is (if I remember rightly) the movie got funding from Tour Scotland (or a similar branch) on the basis that they filmed there to promote Scotland.

...Well they certainly filmed in Scotland :lol: :lol: not quite the promotion they'd hoped for though

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Sat May 05, 2012 5:11 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:

I'm all for independence, just not Alex Salmonds vision. All that guy is interested in is being the hero who finally freed us from the oppressors, f*cking moron.
Touche :lol:

Tbh I count myself lucky SNP stand as a choice - whatever anyone thinks of independence they can't deny that the SNP have governed with little-to-no scandal. They've done a brill job. If I was in England and had a choice of Dumb, Dumber or Labour then I really wouldn't bother to vote at all..

course I understand politics are more volatile than religion, each to their own and all that

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Sat May 05, 2012 7:19 pm

I think that the fact that the SNP still gained in the council elections in their second year, whereas the Tories and LibDems lost a lot in a similar time in their governments, shows how much the Scottish people generally enjoy the SNP government.

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun May 06, 2012 5:18 am

The Angry Jock wrote:

I love how he wants to keep whatever North Sea reserves there are left but dump the RBS debt on England. Though i read that in The Sun so that's probably bollocks anyway....

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun May 06, 2012 6:40 am

CIH wrote:I love how he wants to keep whatever North Sea reserves there are left but dump the RBS debt on England. Though i read that in The Sun so that's probably bollocks anyway....
I thought banking regulation in Scotland was currently run out of london, and that the tax take also went to the HMRC, which is subsequently spent by Westminster? ;)

I think the idea is that Scotland gets a percentage of the national debt, which roughly works out about 10%, seems fair to me. Alex Salmond has this crazy idea that we can pay this off and have money in the bank using the oil however that'll take decades if it can even happen at all. Westminster should've done what Norway did and put the money in the bank (or under the mattress), not rely it for running the country, it is a finite revenue source after all.

What annoys me about Salmonds proposals is that (from what I understand) he wants to end the union with England then run straight over to Brussels and sign up for the Euro ... complete f*cking madness. His personal vendetta against the English also put me right off him, as I said he wants to go down in the history books for finally defeating the oppressors.

On paper there is no real reason why Scotland couldn't be independent.
Rayne wrote:Tbh I count myself lucky SNP stand as a choice - whatever anyone thinks of independence they can't deny that the SNP have governed with little-to-no scandal. They've done a brill job.
SNP is only the real sensible choice up here, the Tories are virtually non-existant and Labour are unelectable (although a close second).

Some of the things they do are quite bold and radical, such as scrapping of prescription charges. It's an experiment just now, in the hope it will bring down the NHS budget as people are waiting for problems to get worse, if it works out we'd probably see it rolled out across the UK. First to ban smoking...great policy. 100% renewables (by 2020?) we need to make our mark on that sort of thing. It's a shame Salmond's in charge though :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

pratty

Post by pratty » Sun May 06, 2012 7:44 am

Shaving, I have quite curly facial hair so I suffer from ingrown hairs very badly. As a result I can't shave against the grain and my neck (where the hair grows in all directions) is a spotty stubbly mess. :evil:
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Sun May 06, 2012 7:32 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:
CIH wrote:I love how he wants to keep whatever North Sea reserves there are left but dump the RBS debt on England. Though i read that in The Sun so that's probably bollocks anyway....
I thought banking regulation in Scotland was currently run out of london, and that the tax take also went to the HMRC, which is subsequently spent by Westminster? ;)

I think the idea is that Scotland gets a percentage of the national debt, which roughly works out about 10%, seems fair to me

:
Completely baffling to see someone say such a stupid bloody statement like that!

Putting the repayments of a debt onto people who never created it ,seems fair to you ? When you have the ability to create your own currency,you don't need to borrow from no one,or make the people slog their guts out and coerce them to pay part of their wages to some highway man .Common sense really ,but there's a few who, sadly, can't use such inherent behaviour ,as it's been weeded out of us from childhood.

Seeing as you also don't mind paying other people's debts , I've got a few bills you can pay off for me,where do i send them ,C.O the sun/sport or daily mail ?
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

crusto

Post by crusto » Sun May 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Ebay

Eat your nans pants

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun May 06, 2012 8:58 pm

do_sucol wrote:Putting the repayments of a debt onto people who never created it ,seems fair to you ? When you have the ability to create your own currency,you don't need to borrow from no one,or make the people slog their guts out and coerce them to pay part of their wages to some highway man .Common sense really ,but there's a few who, sadly, can't use such inherent behaviour ,as it's been weeded out of us from childhood.
Hold on, are you seriously suggesting the Treasury just print out a few trillion £££'s to pay off all the debt?

Out of interest who is responsible for the National Debt?
do_sucol wrote:Seeing as you also don't mind paying other people's debts , I've got a few bills you can pay off for me,where do i send them ,C.O the sun/sport or daily mail ?
:lol: way to shred your credibility.
Retropassion reborn

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 pm

do_sucol wrote:Completely baffling to see someone say such a stupid bloody statement like that!

Putting the repayments of a debt onto people who never created it ,seems fair to you ?
I was just thinking, if ordinary Joe on the street shouldn't be paying back the debt of "others" would you say that millionaires should pay much less tax...since they don't use any more services than anyone else? Why pay for something they don't use?

Infact, why should anyone pay tax, maybe they should implement a PAYG system?
Retropassion reborn