When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

do_sucol

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by do_sucol » Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 pm

The bible ,specifically great bits of nonsense like the "golden rule"
HERE WE GO WITH
“Love your enemies.

“Even if they hate you, and do mean things to you, love them back. If someone pulls your hair, don’t pull theirs back. Do something nice for them instead. If someone takes something of yours, don’t get all mad and try to grab it back. Instead, let them have it, and be happy for them, just like you would be happy if they let you have something of theirs.

“That’s hard! But believe me, if everyone did this, it would change the world!

“Do for others just what you want them to do for you. If you really do that, you may just find that your enemy will become your friend.”
That jesus bloke sure was a spineless twit though ! Stuff like that just makes NO FECKIN SENSE and i'm supposed to believe that this gospel was from a sane person :lol: :lol:

I believe following that statement led to nice housing estates becoming estates from hell .By moving bad families into nice housing estates,those clever folk believed the scum would be influenced by the good tenants and become nice honest people !

Did it work ,of course it did :roll: :lol: :lol:
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.

Sega2006

Post by Sega2006 » Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 pm

My college royally screwing me over, I was told when I started I would be an apprentice and get a paid placement, they stuck me on one that was very wrong for me and I had to leave it, they claimed they would help me find a new one, then refused to let me apply to ones they have had through, now they have decided to alter their funding (after cutting the expenses assistance) so that those of us still without work are now no longer entitiled to paid work, thus leaving me broke with no fuel and torn clothes, I was better off and less stressed out on the dole :evil:
Watching you sleep since 1990

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Fri May 04, 2012 8:05 pm

do_sucol wrote: I believe following that statement led to nice housing estates becoming estates from hell .By moving bad families into nice housing estates,those clever folk believed the scum would be influenced by the good tenants and become nice honest people !
Jesus caused neighbours from hell.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Tax Credits.

The other half claimed tax credits for 6 months in 2010, 2011 he was told theyd be reduced because he was earning more than what they were giving him -even though the figure he gave was the true figure it was them that decided what credits to give-. 2011 he had the 6 months of reduced then the credits stopped as they then said he wasnt entitled to them - even though his circumstances hadnt changed- case closed.

Today the Postman chucks 2 letters through the door from tax office demanding 900 quid to be paid by june due to tax credit that he wasnt entitled too. ringing them on an0845 number to be asked how much he could pay now ? preferably 50%. Do these people not realise people claim tax credits as theyre on low income? ended up doing a payplan of 15 quid monthly for 5 years.

read an article waiting in doctors of woman with8 kids on over 25000 yr benefits who took her 16 yr old daughter to the doctors demanding to know why her daughter wasnt getting pregnant not through lack of trying.

Seems the hard workers are still shafted.

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 am

Speaking of shafted, the impact of ageing on my nether regions is grinding my gears today (or not).
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat May 05, 2012 7:14 am

Antiriad2097 wrote:Speaking of shafted, the impact of ageing on my nether regions is grinding my gears today (or not).
Are yours hanging down by your knees? Because on a hot day mine are a trip hazard! :lol:
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:35 am

having to cut the grass :(
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 am

My shoulder problems.
Fine for days now PAIN!
It had to be my left arm as well (left handed)

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sat May 05, 2012 1:20 pm

theantmeister wrote:All those idiots who voted for Labour last night. I can't believe people fall for their bullshit.

Anyone who tells you they have a solution to the problems of this country is blowing smoke up your ass.
32% turnout.....

theantmeister

Post by theantmeister » Sat May 05, 2012 2:45 pm

CIH wrote:
theantmeister wrote:All those idiots who voted for Labour last night. I can't believe people fall for their bullshit.

Anyone who tells you they have a solution to the problems of this country is blowing smoke up your ass.
32% turnout.....
Should have been 0%. Honestly, why bother? Just look at the bloody options!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat May 05, 2012 2:50 pm

CIH wrote:

32% turnout.....
Which leads onto something which grinds my gears.....people not accepting the fact that the ConDem coalition have fcked up the country just as badly, if not more so, than Labour did. And that whoevever's in power will keep blaming everything that goes wrong on the party that were in power before them, even though they've had months/years to make a difference.

Whoever gets voted in feeds us the exact same BS, just presented in a slightly different way.
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat May 05, 2012 3:01 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:... the fact that the ConDem coalition have fcked up the country just as badly, if not more so, than Labour did.
:shock:

Thanks for providing the best laugh I've had in ages! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat May 05, 2012 3:25 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:Which leads onto something which grinds my gears.....people not accepting the fact that the ConDem coalition have fcked up the country just as badly, if not more so, than Labour did. And that whoevever's in power will keep blaming everything that goes wrong on the party that were in power before them, even though they've had months/years to make a difference.
To be fair to the Condems the way Labour left the country was a complete f*cking shambles, compounded by the subsequent eurozone crisis they could've done a lot worse...infact they could've done what Labour proposed, then we'd be shoulder to shoulder with Greece ;)

The fact it's a coalition Government make everything even harder as every little thing need to be negotiated, the Lib Dems get a hard time because of their policies weren't implimented - they're the minority party, if you want their policies vote them a clear victory - at least we're getting a raise in the tax allowance but there's no song and dance about it on the scale of the evil and vindictive pasty tax that will destroy this great country :roll: :lol:

What annoys me is that people are focusing on the wrong things - pasty tax...who really cares, it should all be subject to VAT anyway, pensioner tax...that isn't even a tax but an adjustment of the tax limit to bring them in line with everyone else (fairness), doesn't even affect poor pensioners. I don't understand how people think that as soon as the tories got in things should change instantly (they've not even been in 2 years FFS), changes take time, the bigger the problem the longer it takes...I honestly believe that it could take 10 - 15 years to climb out of this, we should be welcoming responsible austerity and not just placing even greater burdens on our children, which I find sickening.

At least now Labour are at least conceding we need austerity, finally they have something resembling a plan, even if it is just copying the Tories.
ToxieDogg wrote:Whoever gets voted in feeds us the exact same BS, just presented in a slightly different way.
Completely agree with you. Problem with this country though is that people say this but all they want is more benefits / tax relief / unlimited healthcare / education / policemen / etc etc ... all paid for by the top 30% of the population ... theres something wrong there, we need someone with a spine to say enough is enough and to focus on the most imporant things ... but everyone wants everyone else to feel the pain. Sad times!

Ultimately what need to happen is a complete overhaul of the tax system - combine NI and Income Tax, have one single tax rate for all incomes above a certain level (say £18K), scrapping of many benefits & caps on the remaining, lowering of corporation taxes - we NEED to LOWER taxes to grow.

We need to stop engaging in wars for at least the time being, we need to get our ship in order...we also should have one single force, not three.

We need to overhaul the criminal justice system, prison should be hard and time should be served.

I've also been recently thinking we should also pull out of the EC, that'll save us a heap of money and give us back control of our laws & our borders.

The list of stuff we need to do is endless, I've just scrapped the tip of the iceberg :lol:

Finally - Ed Miliband is a completely unfit to run a bath let alone a country (I'm not a Tory for the record).
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

che_don_john

Post by che_don_john » Sat May 05, 2012 3:40 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:have one single tax rate for all incomes above a certain level (say £18K)
25% of our income tax comes from this country's richest 1%. If we lower that tax rate from 50% (which I assume is what you mean, as opposed to dramatically raising the tax paid by those earning closer to £18K) then we'd lose a huge chunk of revenue.
we NEED to LOWER taxes to grow.
....but then this:
We need to overhaul the criminal justice system, prison should be hard and time should be served.
It would be very hard to achieve this with lowered taxation!

However, totally agree with:
combine NI and Income Tax
They're pretty much one and the same, anyway.
I've also been recently thinking we should also pull out of the EC
For years Hong Kong benefited from being close to China without being part of it; no reason why same couldn't apply to us with the EU.
Finally - Ed Miliband is a completely unfit to run a bath let alone a country (I'm not a Tory for the record).
Even for a politician he's shamefully opportunistic and partisan. He made a Faustian pact to get the leadership and soon the unions will be coming to collect!
CheDonJohn's Sale/Trade/Wanted/Giveaway thread

PSN ID, XBL Gamertag and Steam: CheDonJohn
Playfire profile

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Sat May 05, 2012 3:49 pm

che_don_john wrote:
The Angry Jock wrote:have one single tax rate for all incomes above a certain level (say £18K)
25% of our income tax comes from this country's richest 1%. If we lower that tax rate from 50% (which I assume is what you mean, as opposed to dramatically raising the tax paid by those earning closer to £18K) then we'd lose a huge chunk of revenue.
we NEED to LOWER taxes to grow.
....but then this:
It would be very hard to achieve this with lowered taxation!
Several point here:

You'd be making saving by reducing the public sector in areas such as HMRC, Armed Forces admin, stripping of red tape and middle management (mainly in the NHS).

You'd encourage international companies and business people to come to this country and invest, creating jobs thereby increasing tax take and reducing benefit payment (JSA etc). Look at Ireland, they do half the rate of corporation tax and now many big business are run from there ie Google & Apple.

As people will have more money in their pocket theoretically they should buy more.
che_don_john wrote:For years Hong Kong benefited from being close to China without being part of it; no reason why same couldn't apply to us with the EU.
Funny you should mention Hong Kong as that is the model we should be following, they have pretty much exactly the system of lower taxation and minimal public sector I'm proposing ;)
Retropassion reborn