What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, lcarlson, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed

Rayne

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:27 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:
Jagfest_UK wrote:Why does Xzibit grind your gears? :?
So Rayne just trolled you in the other thread with a snide remark and now he's posted a dumb picture in an attempt to make an imbecilic point in this thread too. Sigh... :roll:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:34 pm

You surpassed yourself.
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:43 pm

DreamcastRIP wrote:You surpassed yourself.

On topic: 11 hour work shifts for 13 days straight, it's extremely tiring. More so as I've been largely left on the front desk, being hospitable and welcoming for that long is difficult.

Also, supermarket pricing on Diet Coke. What's up with that? £3.98 for 8 cans or £4 for 12? Then the next week it'll be £1.50 for 8 and £6 for 12. I just want to be able to buy fizzy juice without feeling like I could get twice as much if I wait a few days

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:45 pm

My manager's little chat about how she won't stop anyone heading out to buy some food at lunch time, but we really should be working through our breaks.

The Laird

Post by The Laird » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Really big pictures which take up more than the whole size of the screen

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 pm

Jagfest_UK wrote:Really big pictures which take up more than the whole size of the screen
:roll:

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Petty bickering that results in strings of posts between two members.

Have your say, drop it. Neither of you is going to come out of it well otherwise.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

Rayne

Post by Rayne » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Petty bickering that results in strings of posts between two members.

Have your say, drop it. Neither of you is going to come out of it well otherwise.
Fiiiine.

...mine had pictures though :lol:

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Petty bickering that results in strings of posts between two members.

Having an internet fight is like playing ping pong with a sloppy turd for a ball, nobody comes out of it well!
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

QuantumCrayons

Post by QuantumCrayons » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 am

How, even though I make what I know is the best decision in the long run, I still feel like shit about it. Also, folk who tell me that at 19, I shouldn't be thinking about long term things in life; come on, it's not my fault I'll have a degree at 21 and want to get stuff sorted out earlier than some :/

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 am

Waiting, damm I hate it
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:51 am

Tidying up.
One room gets tidy another becomes a mess

I like to wind people up.

Was funny thought
Unlike what it was about

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

It wasn't directed at you.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

DPrinny

Post by DPrinny » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Waiting for family members to drop things off, give me a time frame please
Antiriad2097 wrote:It wasn't directed at you.
I know, but I got in the way.

do_sucol

Post by do_sucol » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Those crazy EU ass hats.

http://www.coe.int/t/dgap/democracy/act ... ist_en.asp

Especially number 10
10. Civic service
European countries have been gradually phasing out their systems of military conscription. Many of them have provisions for an alternative civic service that has been increasing used by conscientious objectors and has become an important source of supplementary support for organisations in civil society. Not only would the abolition of compulsory military service deprive them of this support, but there are also other good “democratic” reasons why an alternative civic service would be a desirable replacement :shock: . It would provide a common experience for all young people regardless of social distinctions (class, gender, religion, region and so forth) in the larger national community. It would introduce them to the value of working in political and community organisations and offer a unique period of exposure to civic practice and democratic equality. Needless to say, it would quickly become a major source of support for the organisations of civil society involved in the production and distribution of public goods.

Such a service would be compulsory for all citizens and all denizens (who have lived in the country for more than three years) between the ages of 17 and 23. It would last for a short period, to be followed by the possibility of a voluntary extension. Exceptions could be permitted for health- or family-related reasons, but the obligation should be as general and non-discriminatory as possible. The experience should, however, be as flexible and accommodating to individual needs as possible. To accomplish this, it should be divided into three stages, one compulsory and the other two voluntary.

Stage 1 (compulsory). At a time of their choice between the ages of 17 and 23, all citizens would be required to spend four months fulfilling their civic service. The first month would be dedicated to general civic education and would be provided by a dispersed set of recognised institutions: secondary schools, professional institutes, universities, NGOs and other non-profit organisations or firms that would bid for competitive contracts and be paid accordingly from public funds. During the subsequent three months, the “civic draftees” would be assigned to work in organisations of civil society or agencies of public service such as fire brigades, hospitals, homes for the aged, local governments and so forth. During this entire four-month period, the draftees would be paid the same modest salary (say, the minimum wage if it exists) to cover their living expenses (food and housing).

Stage 2 (optional). After this short compulsory period, those who chose to do so could extend their commitment for a further year in the same or another organisation. In addition to the modest salary, they would become entitled to vouchers that could be used only for educational purposes (tuition, fees, housing or other expenses) during a subsequent three year period. These vouchers could be spent at a time of their convenience during the following ten years.

Stage 3 (optional and dependent upon matching funds from eligible organisations). Those who wish and had already completed stages 1 and 2 could opt for spending another twelve months in civic service, provided that an organisation in civil society or agency of public service would agree to pay them a salary equivalent to the modest one they would continue to receive from public sources. This extra year would then entitle them to an additional two years of educational vouchers.
Remember ,we live in a free and democratic country :lol: :roll:
So ,drop em ,bend over and receive your freedom .
The economic and political system isn't broken.
It's doing what it was designed to do - make the rich richer.