What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

nokgod

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:So not saying thank you to someone who is being paid to do a routine task and does so but no more makes me a miserable sod?

I think not.

If I have been given outstanding service, you shall receive thanks. Just doing your job really doesn't warrant it.

NB: I'm not suggesting I'll be rude, either. You give me average service (which is fine if I'm just buying a mars bar), I shall be an average punter. I expect no thanks for my custom, you expect no thanks for taking the payment, job done.
My comment wasn't directed at you specifically. You can treat people however you see fit. I treat people how i expect to be treated in return, that's all. That doesn't always happen, of course, but no-one can accuse me of not trying. :)
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Me too ;)
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

nokgod

Post by nokgod » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Antiriad2097 wrote:Me too ;)
:lol: fair play.
sscott wrote:I thought Tomb Raider was the best game of last gen (and I fuck1n hate the Tomb Raider series!)

DigitalDuck

Post by DigitalDuck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:57 pm

I say "thank you" to pretty much everyone, but change the tone depending on how much I mean it. People who save my life get an enthusiastic "THANKS!" and a hug. People who kick me in the shins and don't apologise get an incredibly sarcastic "Thanks(!)" usually followed by a couple of fingers.

On that note, people who kick me in the shins and don't even apologise. I wouldn't mind, but he must've noticed his foot had hit something, and I was standing in roughly the place where the thing that his foot had hit might be, and it bloody hurt. Just a "Sorry mate," would've been fine, even if he meant to kick me.
Xbox Live | YouTube | Top games picture | Top games list

Help needed for gaming-related projects! PM or email for full details if you can do:
2D or 3D art
Story writing
Shmup level design

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 pm

nokgod wrote: I treat people how i expect to be treated in return
me too... but then again i'm a masachist! :)
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Nick Hewer on Countdown - whoever thought it was a good idea to replace Lord Stelling with him should be shot.

delbert_trout

Post by delbert_trout » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Chucking items in the shopping basket I wouldn't have bought if they weren't on a big display saying "half-price" or "buy one get one free" offer - then getting home and finding on the receipt it's not actually implemented on their system and the gits have charged full price for the lot :evil:
Co-op and Iceland seem to be the worst offenders.
http://www.retrogamer.net/user/delbert_trout

When you think you've got problems you don't really need,
They're maybe not as bad as they seem,
Cos in a world full of misery, with hatred and greed,
Your problems are another man's dream.

pratty

Post by pratty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

delbert_trout wrote:Chucking items in the shopping basket I wouldn't have bought if they weren't on a big display saying "half-price" or "buy one get one free" offer - then getting home and finding on the receipt it's not actually implemented on their system and the gits have charged full price for the lot :evil:
Co-op and Iceland seem to be the worst offenders.
Yeah I've had that problem at my Co-op as well, I always check my receipt as I'm walking out now if I've picked up anything on offer.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

pratty

Post by pratty » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Well I could probably be playing my freshly repaired Wii today.... that is if someone actually told me it would be delivered today!

I get home tonight to find a delivery note saying Yodel have been and gone. As it happened I was actually in all day until 3pm, it's almost as though they wait for you not to be in.
Pratty's trade list, updated (May 2019)!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=54823

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Found out that a so-called internet acquaintance of mine has succumbed to terminal cancer. It was bound to happen very soon, but I was still quietly hoping I could meet him at some point. The man was inspiring.

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

rocky1980

Post by rocky1980 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:02 am

non paying bidders on ebay, its just happend AGAIN. Why waste my time by bidding on somthing they dont want. I have to go through the trouble off opening an unpaid item case just so I can get my fees back, then adding them to my blocked buyers list :( its not like in the good old days when I could leave them neg feedback
Rocky
King of The Quids 2011 Winner :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/rockythefishman

Image Image

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:55 am

Megaupload being shut down....and then a few other big filesharing sites (ie. Filesonic) imposing strict restrictions in the wake of it.

I certainly don't advocate piracy before anybody asks, but things like this have bigger implications....I don't really see it as being a good thing for the internet in general at all :(
ImageImage

RetroPassion - still live and kicking!
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:52 pm

Hearing fellow Brits say the word 'dude'.

Also, hearing Brits pronounce words the way people in the USA most commonly do, e.g. the word 'privacy'.

:roll:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Antiriad2097

Post by Antiriad2097 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:21 pm

^ Niche is my particular bugbear for that. It is not a nitch.
The Retro League - Where skill isn't an obstacle
Retrocanteen, home of the unfairly banned
Tom_Baker wrote:I just finished watching a film about Stockholm syndrome. It started out terrible but by the end I really liked it.

mohicankid

Post by mohicankid » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:42 pm

i say DUDE a lot i'm afraid, i know its an americanism but being a teen of the ninety's its a word i heard a lot, in tv, in movies and in day to day life, so its pretty much a part of my natural vocabulary...as are AWSOME and COOL!
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...