What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: mknott, NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer, MMohammed, lcarlson

James A

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by James A » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Every bloody customer in HMV not even bothering to look for a CD, game , DVD, blu ray even when its right in front of them and just nagging the staff to get them and then moaning that theres a big queue. Tw@ts the lot of them :D

jdanddiet

Post by jdanddiet » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:46 pm

James A wrote:Every bloody customer in HMV not even bothering to look for a CD, game , DVD, blu ray even when its right in front of them and just nagging the staff to get them and then moaning that theres a big queue. Tw@ts the lot of them :D
welcome to Christmas time my friend :wink:
For retro news, full articles, retrospectives and a gallery of my work check out http://wizwords.net/
Wizwords on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Wizwords
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wizwords

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:07 pm

'Urban' types who refer to London as 'Londontown'. Dunno why but that phrase really annoys me for some reason.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

ShadowNeku

Post by ShadowNeku » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Megamixer wrote:'Urban' types who refer to London as 'Londontown'. Dunno why but that phrase really annoys me for some reason.
This! Its because its so friggin pointless. All it does is extend the word London for no reason. Ughhhhhhh.
I asked for orange. It gave me lemon lime!

thevulture

Post by thevulture » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:41 am

necronom wrote:And that's what the future will be like if games become download only. You'll have to buy a new hard drive every few months and swap them to play games.
Already started on physical media:Rage on 360, BF3 HD textures instal on 360, MGS4 on PS3 (just for bloody cut scenes), spring to mind.

Dunno about anyone else, but my PS3 on 2nd 250G HDD:Bad sectors killed 1st, PC-less at moment as had 2 PC's die within months of each other, HDD failure in each case.

Stainy

Post by Stainy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:05 am

No clutch!

Katzkatz
Location: Sunny Eastern London suburb of Leytonstone and my own mind!

Post by Katzkatz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Maybe people should use an automatic! :lol: Just put into 'Drive' and away you go! :lol:

SexyWayne

Post by SexyWayne » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:43 am

Or learn to drive without using the clutch... I can, so it can't be that hard :wink:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

IronMaidenRule

Post by IronMaidenRule » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

People in bookshops who just stand there in the middle of the aisle, reading a book from the shelf, not moving.....and I want to look on that shelf, but they are in the way....either buy the book....or do one, before I brain you with the nearest book to hand!

ToxieDogg

Post by ToxieDogg » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking the same.

Hopefully now that steve82 has realised that it's as sh!te as last year's game (yeah, I know I bought it as well.... :) ), his initial fanboy enthusiasm will hae worn off a bit.

On saying that, we'll probably get 'WWE 12 isn't that bad after all' next week once he's had a chance to get used to the new controls properly. :wink:
Sig pic temporarily removed...The Magnificent 7 will ride again 8)
Lost Dragon wrote:The 1st rule about Feedback is..

You do not give Feedback!

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:11 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:

Hopefully now that steve82 has realised that it's as sh!te as last year's game (yeah, I know I bought it as well.... :) ), his initial fanboy enthusiasm will hae worn off a bit.

On saying that, we'll probably get 'WWE 12 isn't that bad after all' next week once he's had a chance to get used to the new controls properly. :wink:
Put those claws away! :lol:
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:42 pm

ToxieDogg wrote:

Next week? He's just now posted what is the fourth thread on that damned game! :shock: :roll: :lol:

http://www.retrogamer.net/forum/viewtop ... =2&t=31779

SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 pm

IronMaidenRule wrote:People in bookshops who just stand there in the middle of the aisle, reading a book from the shelf, not moving.....and I want to look on that shelf, but they are in the way....either buy the book....or do one, before I brain you with the nearest book to hand!

ebay sellers who use stock images when I'm trying to find a specific reprint of a book. PITA - it was so easy back when these perticular reprints were new.
On that note; I'm going through a bit of a nostalgia kick by reading old Anne McCaffrey Dragon books, like I did when I was 13 or so, around 1994. No idea why, I just suddenly really felt like doing it - weird thing is I read online she suddenly died a week ago. Untill recentlyo I hadn't even thought about these books in like 16 years.

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:41 pm

I use a Samsung Tocco Lite phone and the 3 panel scrolling wallpaper system really p1sses me off. Whoever came up with that idea needs a good slap.

Oh and network-locked phones having huge unmovable logos on the screen so wallpapers are ruined anyway. Yeah, cheers for that :roll:
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.