What grinds your gears ?

When the other folders just won't do!

Moderators: NickThorpe, Darran@Retro Gamer

The Angry Jock

Re: What grinds your gears ?

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm

The one in Glasgow is now called the rape camp. I walk past them on the way to work, bunch of fuds.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

Ferret Oxide

Post by Ferret Oxide » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:18 pm

The Angry Jock wrote:The one in Glasgow is now called the rape camp. I walk past them on the way to work, bunch of fuds.
Id's new marketing stunt?

Dennoman

Post by Dennoman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:17 pm

The Trappist monks of Westvleteren, supposedly responsible for brewing the best beer in the world (though I find it thoroughly overrated) are selling sample packs of their prime brew in supermarkets for the first time. The only other way of getting your hands on it is calling some weird payphone line (which is nearly impossible to connect to) and then collect the beer at the brewery, with a max of 2 crates per car. It's been so incredibly overhyped in the media that people go crazy over the thought of even owning a single bottle of the stuff.

Two newspapers had coupons included with which you could head to your local supermarket and then buy a sixpack with 2 tasting glasses at a shocking €25 (slightly over 20 quid) a pop, and every single participating store has been flooded by chavs and old farts that had 10 coupons on them.

And now of course, the sh!t is hitting the fan on eBay as well, with the usual money hungry fekkin chavs doing their thing. Equally stupid foreign people are already forking out €50 for them. I love stupidity, hate it too though :?

Always on the look-out for fighting games!
Have any stray ones laying about? Let me know and we'll try to give them a cosy new home.

r0jaws

Post by r0jaws » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 pm

At that price Belgian Shop I'm going to stick with Poachers Choice. :wink:

DreamcastRIP

Post by DreamcastRIP » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Benjamin Zephaniah and Ed Balls speaking utter tripe right now on Question Time in defence of the, ahem, "anti-capitalist" protestors. :x
Own: Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive MegaCD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS GBm GBA GBC GBP GB Virtual Boy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:01 am

updating my ipod, taking it to work to find all my music and videos have been removed.

STranger81

Post by STranger81 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 am

People who refer to tattoos as "ink"

People who refer to money as "dollar" (Unless your in a country that has dollars as its unit of curreny obviously :D )

The fact ive got a terrible cough and cold and was really looking forward to a night out tomorrow.
Xbox gamer tag: kingboo81

Liamh1982

Post by Liamh1982 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 am

Constant reminders about the 5p bag tax here.

1 - there are signs all over the tills.

2 - all the TV, radio, newspaper and online reports.

3 - Can't you tell I'm a local - the fact I'm wearing a T-shirt with "WELSH" written in the style of the AC/DC logo, and the accent?

4 - I volunteer IN A SHOP! I have to tell other people "It's 5p for a bag".

It's not the tax I object to - it's the badgering.

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 am

DreamcastRIP wrote:Benjamin Zephaniah and Ed Balls speaking utter tripe right now on Question Time in defence of the, ahem, "anti-capitalist" protestors. :x
Just anti-capitalist protesters full stop. :x :x :x

Met Police ran a thermal imager over the area from their helicopter at night - 90% of the tents were empty!

"We're that angry about capitalism we're off home to our centrally-heated gaffs for the night to be self-bloody-righteous there instead. We'll be back first thing! Well, about 11am-ish, no need to take the p1ss."

I used to run Pizza Huts many moons ago, I had a delivery driver working for me all dready and pierced-nosey who thought it was hilarious that he was "bringing down the system from inside" by riding a moped for a Whitbread-Pepsico company. He didn't do anything else, apparently doing the job and getting paid for it was anti-capitalist enough :roll:

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:35 am

djcarlos wrote:
DreamcastRIP wrote:Benjamin Zephaniah and Ed Balls speaking utter tripe right now on Question Time in defence of the, ahem, "anti-capitalist" protestors. :x
Just anti-capitalist protesters full stop. :x :x :x

Met Police ran a thermal imager over the area from their helicopter at night - 90% of the tents were empty!

"We're that angry about capitalism we're off home to our centrally-heated gaffs for the night to be self-bloody-righteous there instead. We'll be back first thing! Well, about 11am-ish, no need to take the p1ss."
Well, apart from the fact that the story was utter bollocks of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BYAUl4O5v4
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

The Angry Jock

Post by The Angry Jock » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 am

That video is meaningless and just shows that they have no idea how thermal cameras work. Thermal cameras cannot see through objects, the occupant of the tent has to be inside the tent for a period of time in order for the tent material to 'warm up', it will then start showing as a different colour.

Ideally the newspaper should've taken a picture a few hours after their claim. Either way, the protesters are taking bollocks and the paper could be talking bollock....its all bollocks.
Retropassion reborn
sscott wrote:I fuck1n love the fuck1n Internet and all its fuckin fu(kball opinions. I fuck1n like this fuk(her, I don't fuccckin like this fuckeeer. It's not out yet, that isn't gonna gonna stop me! No sir! and so onnnnnnnnnn........

the_hawk

Post by the_hawk » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:08 am

Yeah perhaps I should have said the story's been shown that it could be utter bollocks.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the occupy protesters are right or anything, to be honest I don't know enough about it to take sides. I just laugh at how people on both sides of the argument take such polarized views on the subject based upon hearsay and anecdotal evidence which is at best circumstantial.
You can follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/DaveySloan
Sponsor Me http://www.justgiving.com/daveysloan2014

OR type 99 to continue

Megamixer

Post by Megamixer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Constant reminders about the 5p bag tax here.
There'd always be somebody who said they didn't know and kick off when they got charged 5p for a bag so I guess people have to reminded constantly so the shop covers their own back. As for charging for bags in general, it's a good idea. So many people take big carrier bags for a few small items then dump it in their car which is parked a few metres away outside. These things take years to rot away and are just a waste of materials.
Retro is a state of mind, and cares not for your puny concepts like dates and calendars.

RetroAerosmith

Post by RetroAerosmith » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:09 pm

Usually the inebriated that kick off. Also i havent used an express till since the charge started, do you type in how many bags you are planning to use or does it sense how many you remove/fill?

djcarlos

Post by djcarlos » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 pm

the_hawk wrote:Yeah perhaps I should have said the story's been shown that it could be utter bollocks.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying the occupy protesters are right or anything, to be honest I don't know enough about it to take sides. I just laugh at how people on both sides of the argument take such polarized views on the subject based upon hearsay and anecdotal evidence which is at best circumstantial.
I think the main reason they wind me up is that they are protesting about a system which they have consistently failed to demonstrate a viable working alternative to.